[All] [Generic] What time do you think i will get on the 1/4 mile this sat??

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2barGee

[All] [Generic] What time do you think i will get on the 1/4 mile this sat??

Post by 2barGee »

I have got standard tyres which wont helps matters and they are 18s at the back but with 255s so that might help slightly!!! I have got some 15s at well..........which should i use????

I am running 275 at the wheels!!! What do you think i will get??

I want a 12....... even if its 12.999999999 i will be happy!!!!

Let me know what you think

Cheers dan

O yeh i will be doing th 1/4 at jap show on saturday!!! \:D/
Last edited by 2barGee on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey P MR2

Re: [All] [Generic] What time do you think i will get on the 1/4 mile this sat??

Post by Mikey P MR2 »

Should make the 12’s easy if the wheel bhp is accurate I think my car was 260bhp at the fly about 220bhp at the wheels and I was running very old cheap road tyres when I did my 12.95 ¼ mile and I am sure I could have gone a little quicker as got an average start.
I would think a 12.7 would be obtainable with that level of power.
3sgte

Re: [All] [Generic] What time do you think i will get on the 1/4 mile this sat??

Post by 3sgte »

the 15's will give better traction .the higher sidewall helps to absorb and then release some of the launch energy

low profile will just break traction and wheelspin

you never see drag cars on low profile tyres for a reason
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

3sgte wrote:the 15's will give better traction .the higher sidewall helps to absorb and then release some of the launch energy

low profile will just break traction and wheelspin

you never see drag cars on low profile tyres for a reason

I will put the 15s on the rears and drop the pressure i few psi as well :twisted:

I would love a 12,7!!!!!!!

What the quickest time somebody has done on a stock ecu???
Martin F

Post by Martin F »

I would have thought you would be very kucky to get into the 12's, your driving skills will have to be at there best :wink: ,

i will put a fiver on 13.1 :-$

jokes aside, good luck mate, getting into the 12's would be pretty good considering your mods :eye:
dai21t

Post by dai21t »

deleted
Last edited by dai21t on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin F

Post by Martin F »

dai21t wrote:My brother ran a 12.1 on 15" Nangkangs, did try on 17's and 18's as well but were no good at all.

Good time but what car / mods was he using ?
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

am sure that is 275 at the hubs and not at the wheels :eye: :whistle: :oldtongue:

if that was at the wheels, id expect mid to low 12s with that CC of yours.....

however, id guess at 12.9-13.1....

pretty sure someone has seen 11s with the stock rev3+ ecu
Mikey P MR2

Post by Mikey P MR2 »

mrtee wrote:I would have thought you would be very kucky to get into the 12's, your driving skills will have to be at there best :wink: ,

jokes aside, good luck mate, getting into the 12's would be pretty good considering your mods :eye:

i would put my fiver the other way (although not seen his driving but asume its ok) as the cars running alot more mods than i had.
Martin F

Post by Martin F »

Mikey P MR2 wrote:
mrtee wrote:I would have thought you would be very kucky to get into the 12's, your driving skills will have to be at there best :wink: ,

i would put my fiver the other way (although not seen his driving but asume its ok) as the cars running alot more mods than i had.

lol, give me a time to within 0.1 of a second and you have a bet , closest too :wink: , just for fun :thumleft:
Martin F

Post by Martin F »

jimGTS wrote:

pretty sure someone has seen 11s with the stock rev3+ ecu

we are all aware of the ecu's capability off over fueling but is that over fueling mapped correctly ?, :-k

i.e. if the right amount of air is entered to make the over fueling run perfectly on combustion i wonder how much power it is capable of providing :-k

Interesting thought :eye:
Mikey P MR2

Post by Mikey P MR2 »

ok my bet is 12.8 then (within 0.1 of a second) whats yours lol. while we are guessing im going to say a terminal of 109mph.
Martin F

Post by Martin F »

Mikey P MR2 wrote:ok my bet is 12.8 then (within 0.1 of a second) whats yours lol. while we are guessing im going to say a terminal of 109mph.

13.1 :eye:

terminal :-k , 108

paypal ok :thumleft:
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Where are you going to be doing the runs?

I bet if you got a good launch you could get high 12's.

Assuming normal street tyres I'll hazard a guess of 12.9s @ 107MPH with a 1.9s or better 60ft time :lol:

Good luck and remember to report back \:D/
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

As long as the weather is ok i will be doing my runs on sat at santa pod (japshow).

The cars power run was done at TDi and thats a hub dyno and on the print out it was wheel power :whistle: :-0 but yeh sorry hubs

This will be my 3rd mr2 i will have put down the 1/4, my first one was a rev2 with a ct27 turbo and standard ecu. I got a 13.4 at 106mph.

My old car i got a 12.6 at 114 with a terrible 0-60ft :lol:

So if i could get into the 12s with this one i would be chuffed 8)

11s on a standard ecu is pretty impressive :shock:
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Gee Man wrote:

I don't think there is anyone that achieved 11's in the UK with stock ECU? I know there are a few that have managed it on the American owner's club using drag radials in combination with race gas or methanol injection as well as a larger than stock turbo.
greeny

Post by greeny »

Kongaroo wrote:
Gee Man wrote:

I don't think there is anyone that achieved 11's in the UK with stock ECU? I know there are a few that have managed it on the American owner's club using drag radials in combination with race gas or methanol injection as well as a larger than stock turbo.

Yeah but there drag strips go down hill lol :mrgreen:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

greeny wrote:
Yeah but there drag strips go down hill lol :mrgreen:

You'll be complaining about the dynojet readings next :lol:

I think the guy in the US who did it with stock ECU on pump fuel and methanol injection managed an 11.4 before he upgraded his cams. He was using a GT35R I believe.
Quite an achievement however you look at it :mrgreen:
Mikey P MR2

Post by Mikey P MR2 »

is the engine specification in your profile not this car then? what mods is this car running to make that bhp at the hubs then.
dai21t

Post by dai21t »

deleted
Last edited by dai21t on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”