Buckets seats fitted

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pecky

Buckets seats fitted

Post by pecky »

just finished fitting bucket seats

ImageImage
ImageImage
Daveb

Re: Buckets seats fitted

Post by Daveb »

Nice one!

Tell us more, what make are they, how easy were they to fit?

How did you fit your harnesses? :)
pecky

Post by pecky »

corbeau fonza's made sub frames my self as couldnt b bothered to spend money on them, so once made easy to fit.

harnesses fit by side mounts at same point as seat mountas and then stick huge bolt in the rear lol

so fairly easy
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

If you have bolted the rear harness strap into the firewall make sure you have mounted a substantial spreader plate to disperse your weight in an impact. Otherwise the bolt will rip through the relativley thin firewall under your weight if you were to crash.
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Hello mate, seriously, if you have bolted those harnesses through the seat behind you and straight on to the floor they will do NOTHING in a crash, I have fitted harnesses to mine and have them going through the seat and round a bracket mounted to the bulkhead (looks like a bog loo roll) then down and bolted to the bulkhead lower down.

Those harnesses are dangerous mate, please get them sorted, would hate to think of the unthinkable happening and you get hurt or worse cos no one had sai anything.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

One bolt for the rear harness is not enough. 3points are crap. You should at least have a 4-point with appropriate spreader plates which you can get from demon thieves for about £1.50 each.

You also simply must use the original lap belt mounts. this is dead easy anyway, have a look and you'll see how. fixing the lap belts to the seat mounting points is a total recipe for disaster.

No way is it worth skimping on these kind of things.
pecky

Post by pecky »

i hav fitted them the same as i did in my pug and i had a head on crash in that and they was fine and they were tested on my mot and passed but thnax 4 tyyhe advice, got a spreader plate on rear
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

I assume these drop you down a bit more giving up a bit more head room (i'm 6'3 and looking at buying a sunroof GT, bit worried about me head)
craig

Post by craig »

Look very nice mate, same seats as mine. I have just kept the original seat belts though! :D
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

ok mate, up to you, but you will never see a professionally mounted harness mounted like that.

Return to “Modifications”