JAE 2009! Discussion Thread

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: JAE 2009! Discussion Thread

Post by Ryan S »

HighwayStar wrote:I know a few have already mentioned bands and I do think some more of our own 'in village' entertainment would be good this year. I guess the problem is noise with the sleeping tents being v. close to the club tent.
Solutions?

R.

bands play till 1am, no later!!! or 12 or whatever, can't see anybody going to JAE and heading to bed before this, unless they are too drunk, in which case i doubt it would be a problem haha :thumleft:
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

I have to put my holidays in at the beginning of the year - does anybody know any dates yet?

Cheers

Neil
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

Neil_turbo wrote:I have to put my holidays in at the beginning of the year - does anybody know any dates yet?

Cheers

Neil

Just had a look on the forum, No dates are confirmed as yet. They are talking about September though :?
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

Thanks Jaspa :thumleft:

I had a look around but couldnt see anything.

:thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

It's almost certainly not going to be at MI again this year according to John over on the JAE forums.

You do have to wonder just what exactly was organised when we were told last year that one of the main reasons for choosing MI as the venue was that they had a guaranteed slot for the next few years... :-k

Utterly shambolic.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

To be fair to John it looks like there were some outside influences on this one. The venue and John had agreed to the continued use of the site for JAE but some xxxxxx has objected. :evil:

Quotes from Fuggles on the JAE Forum:

Believe me nobody wants these delays any more than I do! If it wasn't for a variety of elected and unelected groups we would still be at M.I. and it would all have been sorted now. Fed up of acting like nomads I'm trying to find a venue that will sustain us long term and still offer what everyone wants. It aint easy!

Well, all I can say is it wasn't my idea, nor that of Mersea Island venue, nor that of some of the locals and certainly nothing to do with anyone that attended. It's crazy! Once upon a time it was a good thing to allow people to enjoy themselves and in a sensible and well organised way. Now it seems it's okay to get pi$$ed in the town centre and start a fight, but try to organise anything that is better and safer and they come down on you like a ton of bricks!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Maybe the potential for an outside source to stop JAE going ahead again should have been taken into consideration before they booked the place last year? Just a thought.

Whilst I can't imagine the ballache it must be trying to organise something like this, the basics really should've sorted themselves out by now.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

One of the big plus points about the Mersea site was that there wasn't anyone living near enough to be bothered by us having a giggle and making a bit of noise (unlike peterborough). It did factor in choosing the place.

You just can't factor in miserable complaining gits who can't hack a bit of extra traffic for a couple of days per year. :evil:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

True enough. It's just very frustrating as it was so nice there last year and I was actually looking forward to attending this year knowing it was a billion times better than EoE. :(
coverco

Post by coverco »

If it is not at MI I hope they find a more central location. It looks like us northerners might get to go again :thumleft:
KIYA

Post by KIYA »

IMO our cars are meant to be driven......and no matter where the next JAE is and no matter how long it takes to get there...I will be going. \:D/
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

KIYA wrote:IMO our cars are meant to be driven......and no matter where the next JAE is and no matter how long it takes to get there...I will be going. \:D/

IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

ScottBarton wrote:
KIYA wrote:IMO our cars are meant to be driven......and no matter where the next JAE is and no matter how long it takes to get there...I will be going. \:D/

hey scott, what about bands??? what's the crack??? my band totally wanna play at JAE man. we're doing a few bike festivals etc this year as well.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

We dont even know when or where JAE will be yet. All very frustrating... ](*,)
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Any day now an announcement will be made on the location and date of this years JAE. As far as i know, reading the posts on the JAE forum, its going to be a September event this year, probably the first weekend in September. It is NOT going to be held at Mersea Island, from what i can gather, the Essex county council are blocking it. ](*,)

I will confirm the date/venue as soon as i know.
KIYA

Post by KIYA »

I check the JAE website religiously \:D/ always good for a laugh as soon as dates have been finalised. :pray:
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

What?????????? Not Mersea???????????
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:What?????????? Not Mersea???????????

Yup. Seems that some council idiots have blocked the return of the car show. Its ok to have a mass brawl in a local nightclub, but a well organised, safe, fun loving event has not been given the green light.
From what i can read into it, this has nothing to do with Mersea showground or the residents of Mersea, but with Essex county council. ](*,)
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Essex CC are a bunch of greedy f*ckwits! What a load of poo :( I liked driving 9 miles to the show last year :(
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Let's hope it goes a bit further north...
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm

Return to “JAE 2009”