Engine Shroud with Dual 11" Spals

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tiny

Re: Engine Shroud with Dual 11" Spals

Post by Tiny »

where did you get your ram kit from chap?
gtech

Post by gtech »

Now you are asking, fairly sure I got it from Twosrus.com the USA MR2 club shop.

Delivery was within 4 days if I recall, and the quality was superb.

HTH

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Graeme sent email with pic attached let me know if you recieved it.
irish_dan

Post by irish_dan »

Hey Graeme. Is this the kit you're on about? Do we need to order the uprated one to cope with the extra weight of the shroud and SPAL fans?
gtech

Post by gtech »

irish_dan wrote:Hey Graeme. Is this the kit you're on about? Do we need to order the uprated one to cope with the extra weight of the shroud and SPAL fans?

Are you talking about electrics ??? if so, no need to, you get a heavy duty fused relay with the shroud, along with connectors, its just a case of a few lenghts of decent cable and job done :-)
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

hes talking about the engine lid ram they come in two varieties normal and uprated. id guess the uprated ones to cope with the extra weight of fans/blingage
gtech

Post by gtech »

Sorry guys :oops: I having a bloody crap day today.....think I should of stayed in the nice warm bed :D

Well I have the normal one on and its NOT presented any issues, but to be fair the fan kit has only been on a day so cannot really tell. IF there is an uprated one, it may be worth going for that....bit of peace of mind.

I do believe there was someone on IMOC at one stage doing the ram kits, maybe worth giving Patrick a ring at Rogue Motorsport as I believe they used to do them.

Tiny wrote:hes talking about the engine lid ram they come in two varieties normal and uprated. id guess the uprated ones to cope with the extra weight of fans/blingage
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

either way sounds like theres going tobe another group buy coming for gas rams for all the people who dont have them.Would be quite good to get it so that it opens up all the way on pulling of the handle. pure show offness 8)
gtech

Post by gtech »

Normally I just give the lid a little pull up with the finger and it slowly rises by itself all the way to the upright position.

Originally I though I would have to dump mine with having the TRD Brace, but a bit of jigging about and it all fits a treat.

Tiny wrote:either way sounds like theres going tobe another group buy coming for gas rams for all the people who dont have them.Would be quite good to get it so that it opens up all the way on pulling of the handle. pure show offness 8)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Mine has just arrived :D It says on it 2 of 2, and the tracking info said 2 parcels, yet UPS only delivered 1... so I shall wait and see what the end result of that is! Not opened it yet so I've no idea if anything's missing but I would presume the fans were in a seperate box.
gtech

Post by gtech »

What the hell is it with couriers......... easy to understand 2of2 means there are TWO parcels...... 2 were sent down. Will have a look on the tracking and see what it says.

Give me five.

toxo wrote:Mine has just arrived :D It says on it 2 of 2, and the tracking info said 2 parcels, yet UPS only delivered 1... so I shall wait and see what the end result of that is! Not opened it yet so I've no idea if anything's missing but I would presume the fans were in a seperate box.
gtech

Post by gtech »

Shows as "Out for delivery", he is probably driving around with it still in the van: https://www.campusship.ups.com/campus_track/detail

Will ring the call centre and see if they can get a message to the driver. Can I assume you got the big flat parcel (Shroud) and the small box (fans) is missing ??

toxo wrote:Mine has just arrived :D It says on it 2 of 2, and the tracking info said 2 parcels, yet UPS only delivered 1... so I shall wait and see what the end result of that is! Not opened it yet so I've no idea if anything's missing but I would presume the fans were in a seperate box.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

No worries, they tend to get to the end of the day and then realise they have 1 left over parcel in the back of their van... I've checked the tracking and it says 1 signed for and 1 still out for delivery.

If it helps, our goods in people are monkeys too, they won't have noticed that they were signing for '2 of 2' parcels.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yeah, got the shroud out now, looks great :D Fans will still be in the van.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

gtech wrote:I do believe there was someone on IMOC at one stage doing the ram kits, maybe worth giving Patrick a ring at Rogue Motorsport as I believe they used to do them.

Not something we've ever offered I'm afraid. There is a gas strut as part of our fan kit, but it attaches directly to a lug built into the shroud so it's not something we could sell separately. The gas struts themselves are manufactured to the specific pressure required for easy operation, so I would imagine they would have been a fairly complimentary item.

I believe Peter Gidden at Sbits sells lifting struts?

Cheers,

Patrick
gtech

Post by gtech »

Just spoken to the UPS Call center, yep its on another van, it would appear in your area their are numerous UPS vehicles and that its just got split at the Hub, so should be with you today as promised ;-)

toxo wrote:Yeah, got the shroud out now, looks great :D Fans will still be in the van.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Rogue wrote:
gtech wrote:I do believe there was someone on IMOC at one stage doing the ram kits, maybe worth giving Patrick a ring at Rogue Motorsport as I believe they used to do them.

Not something we've ever offered I'm afraid. There is a gas strut as part of our fan kit, but it attaches directly to a lug built into the shroud so it's not something we could sell separately. The gas struts themselves are manufactured to the specific pressure required for easy operation, so I would imagine they would have been a fairly complimentary item.

Cheers,

Patrick

I can only find the engine bay for the Mk3 and the Bonnet for the Mk2 on Sbits. Even if it was sold on their site it would probably still be at 100%+ markup over the US site price. [-(
gtech

Post by gtech »

Thanks for the info Patrick. Fully understand about your struts.

Rogue wrote:

Cheers,

Patrick
:thumleft:
gtech

Post by gtech »

I see the missing parcel turned up :-) panic over

toxo wrote:Yeah, got the shroud out now, looks great :D Fans will still be in the van.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yeah, interestingly the UPS guy's explanation was that it had fallen down the side of his van so he'd missed it... different vans my ar$e ;)

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”