Mine's VX ROM ECU

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ferdinand

Mine's VX ROM ECU

Post by Ferdinand »

For sale on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

Anybody got experience of these Ecu's? or if there is anyone in the UK that could reprogram it - it currently has a 180Klm fuel cut?

Is this a viable alternative to a piggback system or even an aftermarket standalone (the Mine's Ecu looks like a re-packaged oem unit)?

TIA
uglee

Re: Mine's VX ROM ECU

Post by uglee »

I believe they have to be sent back to them in japan to be remapped.

I had a ride in a mates Rev1 turbo with one fitted and was completely underwhelmed by it. Didn't seem to make a bit of difference!! :?
JMR_AW11

Mines ECU

Post by JMR_AW11 »

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid.

I've got nothing against Mines, I'm sure they make excellent products.
BUT You've answered your own question: Who's going to reprogram it for your car?

It's mapped for a modded car. If you try it on your car (different mods?)
it probably won't run right. You could even damage your engine.
What are you going to do then?

If you can find someone to reprog it then fine, but can this ECU be reprogrammed 'live' on a rolling road using a laptop? That's what your UK engine tuner is going to want to be able to do when mapping the ECU for your car.

This ECU may not support real time live remapping. If it does, and you can find a UK tuner that can remap it then it is worth bidding for.

Like I said, Mine's have an excellent reputation. The ECU is fine, but it probably wont be right for you...
fisher42uk

Re: Mine's VX ROM ECU

Post by fisher42uk »

Depending how far you are willing to travel Dicksons of Dumblane mapped my pals mines ecu on his scooby, not sure how they done it or how much it cost but it was lots [-(

Return to “Modifications”