Another Porsche Coxter Driver thread.....

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

mattcambs

Another Porsche Coxter Driver thread.....

Post by mattcambs »

....honestly, this guy was a complete Coxter. I've only just calmed down after getting home :twisted:

[Quote: "with great power comes great responsibility"]

I was on the M11 south (2 lane) today on the way home. It wasn't very busy. I'm doing 75mph in the outside lane about 100m behind a lorry in the inside lane. There were no other cars in front or behind me......

....until I'm about 50m from overtaking the lorry, when I spot the Coxter approaching from behind at serious pace - like at least 100mph. There's no way I'm going to slow down and pull in because I'm practically commited to the overtake....

....this doesn't stop him diving up the inside of me now with only about 20m gap. I had to slam on the brakes to give him room to undertake me.

I haven't been that angry driving for ages. I beeped and flashed as he went through and got given a w£$ker sign as he shot off.

I never hold up faster cars when possible, but IMO if you drive at 100mph on our motorways then you should bloody expect to have slow down for the odd car doing 70ish.

Right, got that off my chest. Time to relax........
Quigonjay

Re: Another Porsche Coxter Driver thread.....

Post by Quigonjay »

if there was room to undertake, there was room to pull over :tongue:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

jay@sbits wrote:if there was room to undertake, there was room to pull over :tongue:

Jay, you've missed the point! There wasn't room to undertake! I had to brake hard because he committed himself to the dumb manouver.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I'd have just sped up a bit to make him drop behind me. Then once I'd cleared the lorry would have showed him up.

Was it even an S model?
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

How annoying - situations like that make me rage from the pit of my stomach!

Your actions do you credit however Matt - you showed you were the mature and composed driver by taking evasive action to safeguard you, the truck and Mr Cockster, instead of getting drawn into high speed antics.

What is most annoying is that after driving like a complete tw@ Mr 'Iclearlyhaveasmalldickanderectiledisfunction' then gives you the right hand jockey sign?

Oh well mate, take solace in the fact that you did the right thing and that Mr Cockster will be wrapping his xxxxx extension round a tree in no time if he keeps driving like that.
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Unfortunately I was in my daily drive 1.4 Civic :(

If I was in the tubby I would have been able to safely speed up in time to block him :thumleft: And then maybe show him up :D
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Ah, fair enough then!
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

mattcambs wrote:
jay@sbits wrote:if there was room to undertake, there was room to pull over :tongue:

Jay, you've missed the point! There wasn't room to undertake! I had to brake hard because he committed himself to the dumb manouver.

sorry, i missed the had to brake hard bit O:)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

I wouldn't post anything about Porsche owners been willys mate, you'll have Michael or steve saying how much better they are than ANY of our cheap bangers on here :roll:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

[double post]
Last edited by mr2nut123 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

mr2nut123 wrote:I wouldn't post anything about Porsche owners been willys mate, you'll have Michael or steve saying how much better they are than ANY of our cheap bangers on here :roll:

Don't forget, it's far more expensive than my clapped out (but faster) MR2 and your teeny Civic so that makes me superior..

:lol:

I've got nothing against Boxters. I think they're great cars. A friend of mine has just bought one and I'm hoping to get a drive of it to find out what the fuss is all about.

The prat in question was just your typical yuppy, late twenties, suited idiot who was obviously on a 260bhp power trip.

teeny Civic! :D :lol: I do get the occasional jealous look from a 17 year old lad, but to me it's more of an old woman's car :oops: Very reliable, though. Going strong on 152k miles :thumleft:
excalibur1814

hy

Post by excalibur1814 »

... again, his wife had just gone into labour and he had to get home.... Personally, I'd get home a lot faster in that situation.

..I know, I know, the guy 'is' a w%4ker but one day he'll make a mistake and take himself out (with luck no one else will be involved)
steve b

Post by steve b »

mr2nut123 wrote:I wouldn't post anything about Porsche owners been willys mate, you'll have Michael or steve saying how much better they are than ANY of our cheap bangers on here :roll:

You have a serious chip on your shoulder.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
steve b

Post by steve b »

mattcambs wrote:

I've got nothing against Boxters. I think they're great cars. A friend of mine has just bought one and I'm hoping to get a drive of it to find out what the fuss is all about.

The prat in question was just your typical yuppy, late twenties, suited idiot who was obviously on a 260bhp power trip.
:thumleft:

:thumleft:
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

There's plenty more guys on here who agree with me......
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

mr2nut123 wrote:There's plenty more guys on here who agree with me......

And Plenty more that won't. :oldtongue:
It's what makes the interwebs interesting
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

mr2nut123 wrote:There's plenty more guys on here who agree with me......

Dude! I agree with you ](*,)

I'm not slating Porsches. I can't afford these superiors drivers' cars, so I settle for an old MR2.

My point was about the arrogance of this Boxter owner. I'm not even saying that this guy typifies Boxter owners (most seem to be middle-aged and sensible).

Return to “Driving Experiences”