SMOKED BY A VAUXHALL CORSA!!!!!!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Rhiannan

Re: SMOKED BY A VAUXHALL CORSA!!!!!!

Post by Rhiannan »

:lol:
Simarshy

Post by Simarshy »

New cars on whole have improved greatly. What was acceptable 10 to 20 years ago wouldn't be allowed even in cheap korean brands today. While we moan about the quality and feel of interiors we no worry if they will stay attached together after a year! (think 205 Interior).

Personally interiors don't really bother me, I've not sat back and been stunned by their feel or design infact I kinda like seeing the bare metal and how that's shaped because really thats the car not some fake covering on top (I guess you could say the same for men and women with and without clothes or maybe I shouldn't go there)

Performance not always the involvement or handling (taken as an element of feeling car) has increased. When you start to see 235 size tyres on a Vauxhall diesel just the amount of rubber in contact with the road is going to give a sizable amount of grip if not control.

Regarding the Corsa itself with near enough 200bhp and carrying 1223kg around it's going to be fast. I've not seen a stock turbo that light and given our cars are most likely running around 240-280bhp there won't be much in it until 100+.

You'd be surprised what a difference a headstart makes and the amount of power you need to really blow someone away in a slight line race. On tracks I've been behind 911 Turbo in cars weighing 200kg more and running 120bhp less and if I've taken the previous corner better then them and on the power earlier they won't pull anything until were well into the next straight

Si
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

its a corsa all said and done :puker: i work on cars on a daily basis being a painter , and its buily by vauxhall ! the build quality doesnt even compare to a jap car so in 5 years time they will fall to bits :lol: :lol:

according to this vid its quick but doesnt handle the best :-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNgvlhFxn1E
1993 GT TURBO
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

My mate has a Vauxhall Astra GSI and I have to say the build quality seems very good. The panels all have a good solid feel to them. Add to that ESP, T/C and ABS and you have a much safer car than the '2'. Just needs another 30bhp and it would be great.
ryangt

hmmm

Post by ryangt »

so are u saying it would beat u in 4th gear 5th gear , off the mark in 1st or just u rolling in 2nd getting a bad start and poor shift into 3rd ???
chrisbr68

Post by chrisbr68 »

I had a bit of a ding dong with a corsa once. We were very level pegging (back when my car made 257.7hp).

We pulled up at the lights, turned out he had a calibra turbo engine in it! Should have seen him try to go quickly round a roundabout though, those front tyres wont last long.

When we spoke at the next set he asked how fast we had been going as his speedo didnt work - I told him I was too busy looking out the window!

Great sleeper, must be a right laugh, but he needs to try harder as my car was nigh on standard at the time ;)
p34nut

Post by p34nut »

matt_mr2t wrote:You can drop Calibra turbo 2.0 16v engines into old Corsa's and Nova's so be aware!

being a vauxhall man before i know a couple of down sides to them doing that,
yes they can run a 2.0 calibra turbo engine BUT..... they can use they calibras 4 wheel drive which means they cant use the full power of the engine because all the power is going to the front wheels, making them seriously understear if the try put the power on round any kind of bend
craig

Post by craig »

When I had my 1.6 Corsa B Sport, I read on the Corsa forum of someone building a Corsa B with 400 bhp from a C20LET calibra turbo engine. The car was fully stripped and put in low 12 high 11 sec 1/4's!!

An 11 sec Corsa B :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

p34nut wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:You can drop Calibra turbo 2.0 16v engines into old Corsa's and Nova's so be aware!

being a vauxhall man before i know a couple of down sides to them doing that,
yes they can run a 2.0 calibra turbo engine BUT..... they can use they calibras 4 wheel drive which means they cant use the full power of the engine because all the power is going to the front wheels, making them seriously understear if the try put the power on round any kind of bend

calibras hardly use their 4WD system, it's the most retarded system i've ever seen! it's on/off more than a whores knickers!

PinkMR2 wrote:
When I had my 1.6 Corsa B Sport, I read on the Corsa forum of someone building a Corsa B with 400 bhp from a C20LET calibra turbo engine. The car was fully stripped and put in low 12 high 11 sec 1/4's!!

An 11 sec Corsa B [Shocked] [Shocked] [Shocked] [Shocked]

One of them is now running 11.3 1/4's.................... on an XE! just with nitrous & lots of weight loss!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

If a corsa beat me id break my car for spares.

Graeme
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

New Corsa VXR Z16LEL ?? or old type Corsa if it has a 2.0 red top or a 2.0 turbo both would have the pants down on a N/A even some turbo's

They are rapid when tweeked
Turbo97

Post by Turbo97 »

I wouldnt think a Corsa VXR would have much on a Mk2 Turbo. Well i have a rev4 and what as standard is it 5.2 0-60?? and the corsa is 6.7?? That is a MASSIVE difference

I do agree they are quick though, i had a blast against one in my old Corrado VR6 up the 1/4 mile at crail, i got a slightly better start but in all fairness.....it dicked me!!! I would think it would be into the 14's, maybe 14.5 1/4's whereas i ran a 15.4.

Pretty much the reason i am ridding the rado and bought a MR :lol:
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

^Trickster^ wrote:If a corsa beat me id break my car for spares.

Graeme

:lol:
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Turbo97 wrote:I wouldnt think a Corsa VXR would have much on a Mk2 Turbo. Well i have a rev4 and what as standard is it 5.2 0-60?? and the corsa is 6.7?? That is a MASSIVE difference

I do agree they are quick though, i had a blast against one in my old Corrado VR6 up the 1/4 mile at crail, i got a slightly better start but in all fairness.....it dicked me!!! I would think it would be into the 14's, maybe 14.5 1/4's whereas i ran a 15.4.

Pretty much the reason i am ridding the rado and bought a MR :lol:

The reason the MR2 gets such a good 0-60 is due to the traction it gets off the line due to being mid engine. On a roll there wouldnt be much in it.
Turbo97

Post by Turbo97 »

Good point, how much more does the mr2 weigh than the vxr??

I'm just trying to balance things out really! In all fairness there aren't many stock turbos going around anymore are they :) I'd be fairly confident anyway :P
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

Hey Turbo97 - nice to see another Aberdeen member :thumleft:
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Turbo97 wrote:Good point, how much more does the mr2 weigh than the vxr??

I'm just trying to balance things out really! In all fairness there aren't many stock turbos going around anymore are they :) I'd be fairly confident anyway :P

Not sure exactly, but I wouldnt be surprised if they weighed a similar amount. (around 1200kgs).
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

1100kgs for the Corsa and 1270kgs for a mk2 tubby according to Carfolio.

Return to “Driving Experiences”