TVIS

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

embalm-a

TVIS

Post by embalm-a »

Went to spank it in second gear this morning and the power delivery was not as smooth as usual, seemed to kind stick around the tvis mark.... then come good. I have also had a rattle for a while now, starts around 2500k mark and rises with the rev range. i know that describing a rattle on the forums is abit of a art. but i know its defs not the injectors, bottom end or inlet or exhaust valves, and its not effecting the performance, not using any oil or kicking out any smoke. Could it be possible that i have a rattling sticking tvis vavle? Any other ideas would be much appreciated! thanks mike.
embalm-a

Re: TVIS

Post by embalm-a »

no ideas then?
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

your rattle could be loads of things from an exhaust shield to a baby in the boot ! sorry but its just a matter of eliminating things until you find it. As for the power thing i would check the ignition side first, when did you last do a service?
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

crazylegs wrote:your rattle could be loads of things from an exhaust shield to a baby in the boot !

:shock:
Interesting choice of possibility there, Mr Crane...

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”