Essex RR Day - the lineup !

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CosmosblueMR2

Essex RR Day - the lineup !

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

The other thread was getting very messy so here is the Lineup for the Rolling Road day at Engine Advantages on Sunday 12th June kickoff 9am.
14, Crittall Rd, Witham, Essex CM8 3DR

REMEMBER deposits are required to guarantee your slot - numbers limited to 30 - so stop dragging your heels ! :wink:
Of course ANYONE can attend the meet - just the RR is limited to 30 runners.

The new car magazine J Tuner i have been informed is likely to be covering this event.

Following the RR there is normally a cruise/convoy to a pub (last year was the Halfway House on the A127/A128 interchange at Brentwood) - open to suggestions for an alternative venue (it's not the most idilic of venues but it does have adequate parking and easy to get to - remember looks like 30+ MR2's will be in attendance ! :mrgreen: ) PM me if you have a suitable pub in mind.

now.... THE LINEUP (not a running order - we'll sort that out on the day) :twisted:

1. me ! Frank (cosmosblueMR2) your friendly organisor :wink:
2. Chris Ammon
3. MikeJC - deposit paid
4. Mark Edwards
5. Bry
6. Steve (spaceman)- deposit paid
7. Andipandi - deposit paid
8. Lee (The Morris)
9. Nutter - deposit paid *
10. Jim (JimGTS) - deposit paid
11. Rhys
12. Mike Wright
13. BenF - deposit paid
14. Rory - deposit paid
15. Dunc
16. Dan.h
17. Agentturbo
18. Stuart (with my old engine/gearbox/zorst/clutch etc :D )
19. MR2OC member "MATT_MR3T"
20. MR2OC member "JEZ" deposit paid
21. MR2OC member "LUSHAK"
22. MR2OC member "GINGA" - deposit paid
23. GINGA's mate Richard - deposit paid
24. MR2OC member "TRD-MAT"
25. MR2OC member "STEVEALLART" - deposit paid
26. ENSMR2
27. Dumpster (Carl) - deposit paid
28. Carl's mate (name unknown) - deposit paid
29. SiCook - deposit paid

30. MR2OC member "VINDEZAL" - To view only
31. MR2OC member "FLASH" - To view only
32. MR2OC member "PETEJ" - To view only
23. Afennel - To view only

After the National meets this looks to be lining up to be one of the biggest independant MR2 events of the year - I'm rather proud of myself ! :mrgreen:

remember - I'll be the one with the Dohnuts !
cheers Frank. :thumleft:
Last edited by CosmosblueMR2 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Mikejc

Re: Essex RR Day - the lineup !

Post by Mikejc »

Come on people get your deposits in and those names down. This is one not to miss! =; :D

Franky has done a splendid job of putting this one together for us all and i've organised as mentioned the attendance of the new mag, J Tuner :D So we really need to make sure that we have the best possible turn out so that we can make a good show of the MR2 world \:D/

I look forward to seeing you all there, and of course, eating Frankys doughnuts! :lol: :wink:

Mikejc
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

If you cannot make it to a Bluewater meet to give me your deposit (preferred method for me and you might get a dohnut out of me too ! :mrgreen: )... you can otherwise PAYPAL me the money.

Please bear in mind PayPal charges for the service so please if your conscience permits pay a little extra to cover these costs (ie so i'm not out of pocket :mrgreen: )

my paypal is : [email protected]

(thanks to Dave "GINGA" for payment today - c'mon the rest of you !)

cheers
Frank :thumleft:
steve

Post by steve »

you should let me go on first mate, mines bog standard so will be the benchmark ;)
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

steve wrote:you should let me go on first mate, mines bog standard so will be the benchmark ;)

yep you and Chris Ammon... - the above is not a true Running Order - as in the thread it's more of a whose paid and who's not.

you and Chris will be first up tho.. make sure you are there on time ! - we need you !!!

:thumleft:
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

I want to be on fairly early in the running really Franky, as will Mike no doubt. You'll get my deposit don't you worry. :wink:
steve

Post by steve »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
steve wrote:you should let me go on first mate, mines bog standard so will be the benchmark ;)

yep you and Chris Ammon... - the above is not a true Running Order - as in the thread it's more of a whose paid and who's not.

you and Chris will be first up tho.. make sure you are there on time ! - we need you !!!

:thumleft:

no worries mate \:D/
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Frank,

Doh! Need to send you the cash for the rolling road - sorry about that!

Hey, and nice work getting J-Tuner along! Are they just taking pics, or doing a magazine article ?

I'll see if I can get hold of the IMOC banners for the event - at the moment everything has the old Logos on them, and we're in the process of updating them for JAE along with everythign else.

I'll give the guy who bought my old Mk2 turbo a nudge as well, and see if he's up for coming along.

If all's well, I'll be bringing the Roadster Turbo Project along - I might bring the Mk1 too which will probably win the prize for most rust and lowest power figures :)
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Hi Ben.. yeah I think they will be doing a writeup - can't imagine they will just be taking pictures for the fun of it ! lol :lol:

Good job on the IMOC banners - quite a few from the owners club going too... they'll have to stand outside hahhaaha :mrgreen: :tongue:
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

BenF wrote:Frank,

Doh! Need to send you the cash for the rolling road - sorry about that!

Hey, and nice work getting J-Tuner along! Are they just taking pics, or doing a magazine article ?

I'll see if I can get hold of the IMOC banners for the event - at the moment everything has the old Logos on them, and we're in the process of updating them for JAE along with everythign else.

I'll give the guy who bought my old Mk2 turbo a nudge as well, and see if he's up for coming along.

If all's well, I'll be bringing the Roadster Turbo Project along - I might bring the Mk1 too which will probably win the prize for most rust and lowest power figures :)

Hi Ben :D

When I called Steve (aka Scarey Steve) teh editor of the new J Tuner mag I was told that they would be covering it as a shootout much like the one in the last edition which covered, I believe, Type R's!? So we should end up with a write up along with pics too \:D/

If you could arrange for the IMOC banners to be there on the day that would be fantastic =D>

Mikejc
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:Hi Ben.. yeah I think they will be doing a writeup - can't imagine they will just be taking pictures for the fun of it ! lol :lol:

Good job on the IMOC banners - quite a few from the owners club going too... they'll have to stand outside hahhaaha :mrgreen: :tongue:

Steve, would be good chatting to them to find out the deal - do they have a freelancer who is contributing the article, or is it someone from the magazine actually coming along and doing the article ..?

Might also be worth asking if people can subscribe to the magazine on the day - they could bring along some forms for people there to fill in ;)

As for the banners - at worst we should be able to bring along the old ones - but I hope we can get some new ones sorted out, but it will be very tight to get the old logo off and new one on - (Hey Mike - do you have them?)
Last edited by BenF on Sun May 22, 2005 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

BenF wrote:
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:Hi Ben.. yeah I think they will be doing a writeup - can't imagine they will just be taking pictures for the fun of it ! lol :lol:

Steve, would be good chatting to them to find out the deal - do they have a freelancer who is contributing the article, or is it someone from the magazine actually coming.

Might also be worth asking if people can subscribe to the magazine on the day - they could bring along some forms for people there to fill in ;)

As for the banners - I really really hope we can get something sorted out, but its not 100% sure - we need to get the old ones back (Mike - do you have them?) and then get the new Logo ect onto them ..

I'll call Steve again tomorrow to confirm but I was led to believe that it would be the magazine itself attending. I'll also ask about subscriptions :D

Regarding the banners.....i've really not a clue as to where they are at the moment, but I think I know a man who will....Mr Canney? I'll send him a pm :wink:

Best,

Mikejc
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Mikejc wrote:

I'll call Steve again tomorrow to confirm but I was led to believe that it would be the magazine itself attending. I'll also ask about subscriptions :D

Regarding the banners.....i've really not a clue as to where they are at the moment, but I think I know a man who will....Mr Canney? I'll send him a pm :wink:

Best,

Mikejc

Mike, from another thread I've dropped Mark Edwards a line as I think he's got some IMOC branded stuff - just have to work out if it is just the banners, or if he has the Gazebos too...
steve

Post by steve »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

hmmmm, only if its sunny [-( \:D/
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

I'll turn up but not sure on taking part unless you paid me :twisted:

Will be there regardless Frank hopefully not promising.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Frank,

I'll be there. I've got the day off work now.

I'll pop down to Blue Water next week to give you the money. Won't be able to bring the 2 as I am in need of new rear pads and don't really want to be driving that distance on near enough metal to metal.

I have a sneeking suspision my 2 is a bit under powered for some reason. So this should confirm it.

N
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

This is just around the corner from my house, and i know the guys there. So is it okay if i pop along to watch being a none mr2 owner. I do have a jap car though.
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

afennell wrote:This is just around the corner from my house, and i know the guys there. So is it okay if i pop along to watch being a none mr2 owner. I do have a jap car though.

yes of course matey ! - more the merrier :mrgreen:
should be quite a day -that reminds me I'll have to ring them and warn them we are maxed out on Running Numbers ! - WOW ! :shock:

great work guys - thanks for getting in those deposits - Top Bananas !

Dohnuts allround ! :mrgreen:
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
should be quite a day -that reminds me I'll have to ring them and warn them we are maxed out on Running Numbers ! - WOW ! :shock:

great work guys - thanks for getting in those deposits - Top Bananas !

Dohnuts allround ! :mrgreen:

Hold on we're maxed out?? Does that include me!! I haven't got my deposit to ya yet.

[-o<
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

ENSMR2 wrote:Hold on we're maxed out?? Does that include me!! I haven't got my deposit to ya yet.

[-o<

Don't panic Mr Mannering ! :lol:

yes it includes you mate

I've received emails and full confirmations from all who haven't paid yet - so that's why I posted the congrats post...

\:D/

Return to “Past Events”