Had a run with an F40....

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Had a run with an F40....

Post by Lauren »

Slarty wrote:
Lauren wrote:
LOL.. what a retort.

Quite.

Lauren wrote:
I live in Wilmslow honey. :tongue: But in Manchester's defence I quite like it. Its a bit pot/kettle don't you think coming from someone in Essex? :tongue:

I live in Essex, I don't come from Essex. I would suggest you get your facts right, but I fear the advice would fall on deaf ears (eyes).

Lauren wrote:
if you can even drive

Bless, casting aspersion's on my ability to drive. What next? Perhaps you'd like to question my parentage? Or even go for the ultimate internet warrior target of my pen1s size? Your pathetic attempts at putting people down only go to (ultimately) prove your immaturity and childish demeanour.

Lauren wrote:
but some cars really do handle better than others. Hard to bear I know.

Well no xxxx Sherlock. I don't seem to be able to see anywhere in my post where I suggested otherwise though? Perhaps it's once again your inability to read posts properly? I know not.

Lauren wrote:
I'm guessing you are no psychologist, describing me as 'anal' really is not very befitting of my personality.

True, on reflection I think blinkered is the option I should have gone for.

Lauren wrote:
I don't use the Teg for daily purposes, it gets tracked and driven quickly as a rule, it's easily quick enough in a straightline, though i understand that it might not be enough if you are a serious SLJ. I have the panda which i don't really like that much if i'm honest.

Well, I could go out and buy a fast track day car tomorrow, but....well, it's a little boring and I've come to realise there are more things to life than cars. Instead I settle for a car that fulfills my daily requirements.

Live with it, deal with it and grow up :)

Screen shot taken incase you spit your dummy out and have the post removed, again :+:

Meh. You really think i'd remove a post because i don't like what someone has said? Are you judging how I act by your own standards? :-:

How can i get facts right that i don't have? For example I don't come from Manchester I come from London. I suggest you get your facts right. Half my family come from essex as its where my mum grew up!

You suggested that i make claims that X car is a better handling car than Y car. I make the claims because funnily enough i've driven the cars and I know a bit about handling. What's so 'blinkered' about that?

Just out of interest are you going to JAE? It'd be interesting to meet you for sure so i can see exactly what your whole problem with me is.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Lauren wrote:Just out of interest are you going to JAE? It'd be interesting to meet you for sure so i can see exactly what your whole problem with me is.

Could I suggest that this takes place on the bouncy castle, involves soapy water and bystanders armed with water pistols

:lol: :lol: :lol:

\:D/ :D

:-k
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mattcambs wrote:
Lauren wrote:Just out of interest are you going to JAE? It'd be interesting to meet you for sure so i can see exactly what your whole problem with me is.

Could I suggest that this takes place on the bouncy castle, involves soapy water and bystanders armed with water pistols

:lol: :lol: :lol:

\:D/ :D
:-k

LOL!

All i need are words honey. :tongue: Despite having a good go at battering a few people in the bouncy boxing at JAEs of old!
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

I thought this thread needed lightening up :thumleft:

:D
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

Your Pandi is $hit...

...there I was in Sainsbury's car park on my Raleigh Chopper (oo er missus) when that F40 pulled in. You only just managed to keep up with him wheras I overtook him and then ran circles round the show off whilst he wandered into the store completely oblivious to how I was spanking his stationary F40....

Go Chopper. Yeah baby.

:mrgreen:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Lauren wrote:
Meh. You really think i'd remove a post because i don't like what someone has said? Are you judging how I act by your own standards? :-:

Lol. Have I had a post removed because of what someone's said? No, I think not.

Lauren wrote:
How can i get facts right that i don't have? For example I don't come from Manchester I come from London. I suggest you get your facts right.

Hmmmm, you might want to look back over the posts. I didn't, in any way shape or form, suggest that you do come from Manchester. Once again, please learn to read/comprehend posts before answering.

Lauren wrote:
You suggested that i make claims that X car is a better handling car than Y car. I make the claims because funnily enough i've driven the cars and I know a bit about handling.

Wow, you've driven cars. I'm impressed. No really, I am. Like you've driven a Celica GT4 and think it's crap? Oh wait, no, you were a passenger in one, once. Besides, how a car handles deffines everything about it doesn't it. Oh.

Lauren wrote:
What's so 'blinkered' about that?

I think the above comments answer that, don't you? Or perhaps you could call everyone who looks for something other than outright handling one of your witty and ever so amusing acronyms? Perhaps I shall start calling you a TDW whenever you refer to a cars handling, or therein lack of.

Lauren wrote:
Just out of interest are you going to JAE?

No, I'm not going to JAE. Even if I were to be going, do you seriously expect that I would want to converse with you? Expending energy typing to you is more than enough of a waste of my time, let alone any actual discourse.

Lauren wrote:
It'd be interesting to meet you for sure so i can see exactly what your whole problem with me is

You're shallow, unwilling to listen to other peoples opinions if they don't match your own (bigoted is the word, but I thought I'd explain it for you) you attempt to belittle people when they point out the (massively) glaring holes in what you say.........want me to go on? :)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I don't thnk you'll find anywhere have i said i've driven a GT4. So all my viewpoints are regarding that are they?

How a car handles does define a lot about it yes.

It amazes me that you have such a problem with me. It may surprise you to know that actually it can make quite a difference meeting people in person. You now seem like the one who is biggotted. Well done.

I'm shallow? You obviously don't know me, but maybe your biggotted and blinkered and shallow viewpoint is a factor here?

Top stuff Slarty well impressed. :+:
paul_4xxxx

Post by paul_4xxxx »

why is imoc gone so bitchy??? it really should be called the pink place...

if anyone has something bad to say about anyone else "DONT!!!" just shut up!!! it really annoys people like me who come on here to learn about the mr2 and get advice on what mods to do and what to look for when you have a problem...
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

just forum banter , it makes for good reading :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

welsh_mr2_kroozer wrote:why is imoc gone so bitchy??? it really should be called the pink place...

if anyone has something bad to say about anyone else "DONT!!!" just shut up!!! it really annoys people like me who come on here to learn about the mr2 and get advice on what mods to do and what to look for when you have a problem...

Unfortunately or fortunately depending upon how you look at it this is the bane of forums really. Its a bit like being at school, there are people you get on with and those you don't. Sometimes it isn't always clear why people don't seem to get on and on a forum inflection in posts is sometimes misread.

I guess at the end of the day there is always going to be someone somewhere who doesn't like you, for whatever reason. Being i'm a fairly visible member of the club, i get more than my share than most. Its comes with the territory I guess.

I don't mind tbh, if someone doesn't like me, then thats up to them, I don't personalise it as such, in fact sometimes (well quite often) it just bemuses me, because really how well can you know someone from posting on a forum?

I've always found that my better friends on here are people who i've spent time with and i'm always willing (as i suggested to Slarty) to have a chat with anyone in person as often people come across far differently face to face compared with online.
johnp

Post by johnp »

Lauren,you have your share of responsibilty for escalating this in a manner that I myself don't judge as appropriate conduct from a committee member/moderator.This should never have been reduced to a childish slanging match...perhaps other moderators should have stepped in and stopped it.
I'm not saying I disagree with your statements,but you should have,in this instance, stepped back at an early stage and left it alone.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

johnp wrote:Lauren,you have your share of responsibilty for escalating this in a manner that I myself don't judge as appropriate conduct from a committee member/moderator.This should never have been reduced to a childish slanging match...perhaps other moderators should have stepped in and stopped it.
I'm not saying I disagree with your statements,but you should have,in this instance, stepped back at an early stage and left it alone.

A debate or argument within the rules of the forum is perfectly acceptable IMO.

I like to think that we don't moderate unecessarily, if moderators started removing this kind of thing I would think that it would impinge on freedom of speech too much.
johnp

Post by johnp »

Lauren wrote:
johnp wrote:Lauren,you have your share of responsibilty for escalating this in a manner that I myself don't judge as appropriate conduct from a committee member/moderator.This should never have been reduced to a childish slanging match...perhaps other moderators should have stepped in and stopped it.

A debate or argument within the rules of the forum is perfectly acceptable IMO.

I like to think that we don't moderate unecessarily, if moderators started removing this kind of thing I would think that it would impinge on freedom of speech too much.

Well,OK...I hear what you say about 'debate',I just think in this instance things went a bit too far.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

johnp wrote:Well,OK...I hear what you say about 'debate',I just think in this instance things went a bit too far.

Okay fair comment. I do think though that it does help for people to vent their issues as generally after a bit of heated debate things calm down again. People like to have their say and express themselves i guess.

Also it is right that i'm open to criticism as anyone should be. Slarty obviously has some big issue with me that won't go away. He started the debate its only fair i can respond really.

If its within the rules its not gone too far IMO.
StuRobinson88

Post by StuRobinson88 »

Ps hope the 70 mph was in a national speed limit area - actually, national speed limit is 60 :clap:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

StuRobinson88 wrote:Ps hope the 70 mph was in a national speed limit area - actually, national speed limit is 60 :clap:

It was a two lane dual carriageway with a barrier separating the two lanes of traffic, so in this instance the national speed limit is of course 70mph.
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

or 112.65 kph :lol: :lol: :lol:
StuRobinson88

Post by StuRobinson88 »

you mean it isn't 112.65 mph...? lol
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

This forum really has gone to xxxx, which is a shame as when I first joined (around 3 years ago) it was a good place to be.

Everyone is sniping and picking at each other for stupid things like this or because someone enjoyed beating a Boxster or a more expensive car.

What the hell has happened?

Return to “Driving Experiences”