Had a run with an F40....

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Had a run with an F40....

Post by Lauren »

....in Pandi. :+:

Tell you what despite him obviously flooring it, he didn't pull away all that much. Stayed with him no probs till 70mph. Do you think he was trying? Reckon my little Panda is faster than i though it was. :tongue:

I did try hard to make sure the turbo was spooled up, though i couldn't hear my engine over the F40, which did mean i nearly hit the governor/limiter on a couple of occasions.

The F40 though really was stunning and just looked mad amongst the Manchester traffic. It was popping and burbling away and under a bridge the driver of it gave it some serious revs, sounded absolutely amazing, like a really hard edged bark that just resonated off the walls. I made sure I stayed behind it for a good 4 miles. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Slarty

Re: Had a run with an F40....

Post by Slarty »

Right, so the F40 makes 472 BHP and weighs 1100kgs.

The Panda (can barely bring myself to type the very letters) has 70BHP and weighs 935kgs.

Yes. Of course he was trying. Sigh.

Ps hope the 70 mph was in a national speed limit area, otherwise you are of course in breech of IMOCs drive sensibly laws :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Slarty wrote:Right, so the F40 makes 472 BHP and weighs 1100kgs.

The Panda (can barely bring myself to type the very letters) has 70BHP and weighs 935kgs.

Yes. Of course he was trying. Sigh.

Ps hope the 70 mph was in a national speed limit area, otherwise you are of course in breech of IMOCs drive sensibly laws :thumleft:

GLOL at you.

I was taking the pee, because how many times do we hear that mr2s have whipped ferraris and the like? I was just demonstrating how pointless tales of 'road races' are. Of course it was nothing of the sort.

I was behind the F40 for about 20 minutes due to heavy traffic in the preceeding sections of the A34, where we didn't get past 2nd gear. It sounded absolutely amazing, even idling.

Yes it was a 70mph speed limit actually. If you would like to personally check yourself head over to the A34 heading southbound towards Wilmslow after the junction ie big roundabout of the A555.

Seems like you fell for it hook, line and sinker. Just like i knew you would. :tongue:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Lauren wrote:
I was taking the pee, because how many times do we hear that mr2s have whipped ferraris and the like?

Can't say as I've ever seen a thread/post about an MR2 "whipping" a Ferrari, F40 or otherwise.

Lauren wrote:
Yes it was a 70mph speed limit actually. If you would like to personally check yourself head over to the A34 heading southbound towards Wilmslow after the junction ie big roundabout of the A555.

Thanks, but I'll pass. What with Manchester being a steaming great poo hole of the north. And yes, I have been there on more than one occassion :)

Lauren wrote:
Seems like you fell for it hook, line and sinker. Just like i knew you would. :tongue:

Perhaps, but I at least can take each and every car on its own merits. I don't scream that a certain car will handle better etc, which is a rather large flaw in your wonderfully blinkered/anal personality :)

Your (prepares bleach for clensing purposes) Panda is a good city car, great MPG but other than that, well, it's pointless.

Your Integra handles very well, but in a straight line and for most everyday purposes, it's not all that.
Azz

Post by Azz »

~Slarty she is going to nail you, i can here the rocky music now
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Lauren wrote:

I made sure I stayed behind it for a good 4 miles. :+:

it is quite funny how if you see a nice car like that your quite happy following it everywhere, then a car gets in front off you and your fuming, well i'm like that anyway :lol:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

:clap: :clap: am here for a ringside seat :lol: :lol:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Azz wrote:~Slarty she is going to nail you, i can here the rocky music now

I've had a post removed before because of her, has it stopped me :?:

Thing is I'm going to be V busy tomorrow, so it won't be until late that I see, and can reply to, any replies :)
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

Hey Lauren, was the reg no B18 ***. I saw one on the M60 the other day. The reg didn't look right to me for the age of the car but it was definately the real thing judging the sound it made and the way it took off into the distance.
There can't be too many of them around manchester can they?
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

prefer the noises Lamborghini's make myself, but totally see the attraction of trying to stay close to a car like that - especially in a "not noisy" runabout so you get the full supercar noise.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

The F40 is the best sounding car I think i've ever heard. Small V8 with a twin turbos, those were the REAL ferrari days. Still the best looking supercar ever and always will be in my eyes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YPabCzxMXM
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

mr2nut123 wrote:The F40 is the best sounding car I think i've ever heard. Small V8 with a twin turbos, those were the REAL ferrari days. Still the best looking supercar ever and always will be in my eyes..

i now understand why they don't bother with car stereos as standard.... :-k

whats the point, you would never hear it :lol:

sounds Awesome...
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mrtee wrote:
it is quite funny how if you see a nice car like that your quite happy following it everywhere, then a car gets in front off you and your fuming, well i'm like that anyway :lol:

DING. I was just happy being behind it with the radio muted and my windows down in the rain. :+:

Naturally i did not let anyone come between us.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Slarty wrote:
Can't say as I've ever seen a thread/post about an MR2 "whipping" a Ferrari, F40 or otherwise.

Thanks, but I'll pass. What with Manchester being a steaming great poo hole of the north. And yes, I have been there on more than one occassion :)

Perhaps, but I at least can take each and every car on its own merits. I don't scream that a certain car will handle better etc, which is a rather large flaw in your wonderfully blinkered/anal personality :)

Your (prepares bleach for clensing purposes) Panda is a good city car, great MPG but other than that, well, it's pointless.

Your Integra handles very well, but in a straight line and for most everyday purposes, it's not all that.

LOL.. what a retort.

I live in Wilmslow honey. :tongue: But in Manchester's defence I quite like it. Its a bit pot/kettle don't you think coming from someone in Essex? :tongue:

It may come as news to you, I have no idea if you have driven a lot of cars and if you can even drive, but some cars really do handle better than others. Hard to bear I know.

I'm guessing you are no psychologist, describing me as 'anal' really is not very befitting of my personality.

I don't use the Teg for daily purposes, it gets tracked and driven quickly as a rule, it's easily quick enough in a straightline, though i understand that it might not be enough if you are a serious SLJ. I have the panda which i don't really like that much if i'm honest.
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Lauren wrote:

LOL.. what a retort.

I thought so too :lol:

Lauren wrote:

I live in Wilmslow honey. :tongue: But in Manchester's defence I quite like it. Its a bit pot/kettle don't you think coming from someone in Essex? :tongue:

Lauren, dear, you've obviously never been to Essex's Uttlesford district - officially longest life expectancy in the country and generally thought of as having the highest standard of living too :oldtongue:

[south essex spoils it a bit, what, what :lol: ]

Lauren, you crack me up! Winding up the boys like this makes for hillarious reading. :D
C50

Post by C50 »

mr2nut123 wrote:The F40 is the best sounding car I think i've ever heard. Small V8 with a twin turbos, those were the REAL ferrari days. Still the best looking supercar ever and always will be in my eyes..

mine too :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

SySanguinary wrote:Hey Lauren, was the reg no B18 ***. I saw one on the M60 the other day. The reg didn't look right to me for the age of the car but it was definately the real thing judging the sound it made and the way it took off into the distance.
There can't be too many of them around manchester can they?

Yes it was actually, that very one. :shocked:

Know what you mean about the reg, but i am absolutely sure it was real, I got a fairly good look at the engine through teh perspex covers over a 20minute period of being behind it in traffic. The noise was just stunning. :+:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Lauren wrote:
LOL.. what a retort.

Quite.

Lauren wrote:

I live in Essex, I don't come from Essex. I would suggest you get your facts right, but I fear the advice would fall on deaf ears (eyes).

Lauren wrote:
if you can even drive

Bless, casting aspersion's on my ability to drive. What next? Perhaps you'd like to question my parentage? Or even go for the ultimate internet warrior target of my xxxxx size? Your pathetic attempts at putting people down only go to (ultimately) prove your immaturity and childish demeanour.

Lauren wrote:
but some cars really do handle better than others. Hard to bear I know.

Well no xxxx Sherlock. I don't seem to be able to see anywhere in my post where I suggested otherwise though? Perhaps it's once again your inability to read posts properly? I know not.

Lauren wrote:
I'm guessing you are no psychologist, describing me as 'anal' really is not very befitting of my personality.

True, on reflection I think blinkered is the option I should have gone for.

Lauren wrote:
I don't use the Teg for daily purposes, it gets tracked and driven quickly as a rule, it's easily quick enough in a straightline, though i understand that it might not be enough if you are a serious SLJ. I have the panda which i don't really like that much if i'm honest.

Well, I could go out and buy a fast track day car tomorrow, but....well, it's a little boring and I've come to realise there are more things to life than cars. Instead I settle for a car that fulfills my daily requirements.

Live with it, deal with it and grow up :)

Screen shot taken incase you spit your dummy out and have the post removed, again :+:
simmo490

Post by simmo490 »

lol awsome about time someone hit back :thumleft:

i remember having an argument with lauren about my sig strip. she was in the right as usuall UNTILL here fella told her my siggy was saved in her cashe and i did not actually have one :)

ringside seat taken
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

simmo490 wrote:lol awsome about time someone hit back :thumleft:

i remember having an argument with lauren about my sig strip. she was in the right as usuall UNTILL here fella told her my siggy was saved in her cashe and i did not actually have one :)

ringside seat taken

To be fair to you, did i not apologise to you for that? So its interesting that you leave that out really isn't it? :-:

Return to “Driving Experiences”