Had a run with an F40....

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Mike

Re: Had a run with an F40....

Post by Mike »

The-Shield wrote:This forum really has gone to xxxx, which is a shame as when I first joined (around 3 years ago) it was a good place to be.

Everyone is sniping and picking at each other for stupid things like this or because someone enjoyed beating a Boxster or a more expensive car.

What the hell has happened?

I know mate, its a damn shame. I used to be able to spend hours on here just trawling through the posts but now I just seem to get frustrated by the way people seem to enjoy antagonising their fellow imoc'ers.
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Mike wrote:I just seem to get frustrated by the way people seem to enjoy antagonising their fellow imoc'ers.

Lauren started it :)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Slarty wrote:
Mike wrote:I just seem to get frustrated by the way people seem to enjoy antagonising their fellow imoc'ers.

Lauren started it :)

:tongue:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Graeme Shaw

Post by Graeme Shaw »

Have to say, I rarely come onto imoc anymore, then when I do, I see stupid idiot posts like this :-k

What was the point of this thread? :?:
Graeme
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Graeme Shaw wrote:Have to say, I rarely come onto imoc anymore, then when I do, I see stupid idiot posts like this :-k

What was the point of this thread? :?:
Graeme

It was meant to be a bit of fun... then it turned into something else.
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

its made good reading by the number of views this post has had. :thumleft:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

I think Slarty got unnecessarily nasty, but then Lauren your OP was pretty much a p1$$ take out of a lot of the members. And all of us should know better than to rise to the bait! :roll:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mattcambs wrote:I think Slarty got unnecessarily nasty, but then Lauren your OP was pretty much a p1$$ take out of a lot of the members. And all of us should know better than to rise to the bait! :roll:

Everyone needs a bit of ribbing occasionally. :tongue:

In all honesty though we try as much as possible to discourage members posting about 'road racing' on 'duel' carriageways. We just really do not want these kind of posts on the forum at all. That is exactly why Driving Experiences is at the very bottom of the forum.

But, we realise that people will continue to do so and such posts would only end up elsewhere if we didn't have a driving experiences section (note we changed if from the old 'VS' forum). But we would prefer if members posted up about interesting drives and the like rather than street racing which we obviously cannot condone.

The trouble is with road racing is that its also often meaningless in comparing performance unless there is an obviously massive gap between two cars.

Its all about who can get on the power first. I demonstrated this to Mark a few years back, there we were in our old 325i (not a slow car but there are plenty quicker cars out there), this EVO3 obviously wanted to play.

So there we are approaching a roundabout, no surprise the EVO driver is an SLJ and goes into the completely clear roundabout taking a crap line. I go into it, take the best line and carry probably another 15mph more than he does. I'm foot to floor (all within the speed limit before you ask) as soon as I can see the apex. The EVO driver has floored it too, but i've got a big advantage now. I sat up his ar$e, well for far longer than I should have done as it took him an age to claw back the initial speed advantage that I had.

Obviously an EVO3 is far quicker than a 325i. But I could have posted up on the BMW forum about how I sat right up the backside of this EVO until such and such a speed. But its pointless really isn't it?
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

I agree with you, Lauren. Why don't you enforce stricter rules and just delete any post even hinting at road racing?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mattcambs wrote:I agree with you, Lauren. Why don't you enforce stricter rules and just delete any post even hinting at road racing?

Well, we do try, but time and all that. We always remove/edit posts that specifically state illegal activities such as speeding.

I guess it really demands a change in policy and getting strict about it. The worry is though that people will post up elsewhere on the forum about such stuff, so it could make it more difficult to track.

Return to “Driving Experiences”