AOL users having trouble registering?

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BenF
Premium Member

AOL users having trouble registering?

Post by BenF »

Some AOL users seem to be having problems registering on the site.

Could anyone who has had this problem and had cured please reply here letting us know how?

The only advice I've seen is that AOL users should close the AOL browser and use IE / Firefox to register and it should all go through smoothly ..
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Re: AOL users having trouble registering?

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

i'd like to add other have had trouble registering. i did as well, the security code bit seems bu88ered, i typed it exact 3 times before it took it!

a few at the bluewater meet were telling me they couldn't register.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I look after a similar CGI/Perl forum at http://www.rockstar.org.uk

Not a very busy forum (I mean, who's still into 80's rock /metal?) but there seems to be problems during registration for users with AOL and hotmail email addresses. I don't think I've had one single successful AOL registration (had to process them manually) and hotmail users sometimes forget to check their junk mail folder (where the confirmation email usually lands).

Anyway, I modified my registration text to display an IMPORTANT message prompting registrants to check their junk mail folders for the confirmation email. Maybe worth doing this here too!
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Dave wrote:Not a very busy forum (I mean, who's still into 80's rock /metal?)

Ahem! :lol: There are a few of us left, y'know!
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Dave wrote:I look after a similar CGI/Perl forum at http://www.rockstar.org.uk

<snip>

Anyway, I modified my registration text to display an IMPORTANT message prompting registrants to check their junk mail folders for the confirmation email. Maybe worth doing this here too!

Dave, thanks for that- a usefull tip. I can see why auto-generated emails look like Spam mail ..
Dave

Post by Dave »

Nige wrote:
Dave wrote:Not a very busy forum (I mean, who's still into 80's rock /metal?)

Ahem! :lol: There are a few of us left, y'know!

Well thats good to hear!! Be sure to check out our forum (it doesn't look as good as this one though :wink: ) and come and see our band when we're over your way!
Dave

Post by Dave »

BenF wrote:
Dave wrote:I look after a similar CGI/Perl forum at http://www.rockstar.org.uk

<snip>

Dave, thanks for that- a usefull tip. I can see why auto-generated emails look like Spam mail ..

Ben, you're doing a great job here with the revamped IMOC. I was never a big fan of the old site format and have not been a regular contributor to IMOC before, but this fresh-faced forum format (try saying that over and over) is a pleasure to use!!!

Now that my UK Rev 3 NA is coming up to 150,000 I guess I'll be visiting here more often for advice on how to keep it on the road! Mmmm, get xmas out of the way and give Rogue a visit I think! :wink:

Return to “Club News and Announcements”