[All] [Generic] Dash LED....I have found the perfect ones.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

raptor95GTS

Re: [All] [Generic] Dash LED....I have found the perfect ones.

Post by raptor95GTS »

thank gawd for that hehe. Have fun with the bulbs ( i hate taking that dash apart) though at least with bulbs you don't have to line them up in any order, plug and play :mrgreen:
Signori

Post by Signori »

When putting LED's into the dash, do you need to solder anything? or is it just unplug and plug in the new ones?
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

led's plug straight in but have to go the correct orientation otherwise they won't work :) Bulbs work any orientation
Signori

Post by Signori »

allan welsh wrote:led's plug straight in but have to go the correct orientation otherwise they won't work :) Bulbs work any orientation

omg i just finished putting LED's in, had no idea they had to go in a certain way round! I'll check them when it gets dark, im far too cold to go and rip the dash out again.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Signori wrote:

omg i just finished putting LED's in, had no idea they had to go in a certain way round! I'll check them when it gets dark, im far too cold to go and rip the dash out again.

TheBaker

Post by TheBaker »

allan welsh wrote:thank gawd for that hehe. Have fun with the bulbs ( i hate taking that dash apart) though at least with bulbs you don't have to line them up in any order, plug and play :mrgreen:

Seems I was right I think, after browsing about I've seen several mentions to the knob beside the headlight angler switch is infact the dimmer for the cluster.

inc here: http://www.mr2.com/forums/na-5s-fe-3s-g ... ht-up.html

Anyway, ordered some blue ones, bloody royal mail are taking ages but when I get them and fit them I'll post. :)
Signori

Post by Signori »

BLZ-8027 wrote:
Signori wrote:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n281 ... ages-2.jpg

haha nice picture! but you can't laugh because out of some miracle i got them all the right way round. They look pretty sweet as well, i wen't for blue one's!
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

TheBaker wrote:
allan welsh wrote:thank gawd for that hehe. Have fun with the bulbs ( i hate taking that dash apart) though at least with bulbs you don't have to line them up in any order, plug and play :mrgreen:

Seems I was right I think, after browsing about I've seen several mentions to the knob beside the headlight angler switch is infact the dimmer for the cluster.

inc here: http://www.mr2.com/forums/na-5s-fe-3s-g ... ht-up.html

Anyway, ordered some blue ones, bloody royal mail are taking ages but when I get them and fit them I'll post. :)

mmm I'll need to go and look at my dash but I'm certain my tubby doesn't have that. You're in Edinburgh? Isn't that under 3ft of snow?
TheBaker

Post by TheBaker »

Finally got my good camera in the car, mainly taking a pic of my new dial lights but you can see what the blue 501 LED's look like..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TBH, my dial lights make the dash lights look dull and they are... Are there any brighter bulbs for the dash lights??
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

that dullness is the reason I went to bulbs - that and a bust LED after barely 2 years
TheBaker

Post by TheBaker »

allan welsh wrote:that dullness is the reason I went to bulbs - that and a bust LED after barely 2 years

Infact I'm tripping, mine aren't LED, they're the same ones as you have except Blue.. I guess blue may generally appear a bit duller but anyway you don't find yours dull?

Unfortunately pics don't seem to show very well the true brightness/dullness. :\
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

lol I know the feeling :lol: I find the red bulbs pretty bright tbh No problems reading the dials at all
sangyboymr2

Post by sangyboymr2 »

Excuse my stupidity..... :oops:

So all you have to do to change the colour is replace the leds? And that means taking out the entire binacle? Is it an easy enough job. I'm quite good with my hands but have never really attempted anything like this but have to say yours looks pretty slick!!

I want to change the dials to white anyway so might just do it all at once.

Oh and by the way, where did you get the chrome surrounds and nedles?
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

it's bulbs as std but same principle, change the light change the colour. Remove the dash surround and it's all there for you

Return to “Modifications”