1994 MR2 GT turbo T-bar

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Re: 1994 MR2 GT turbo T-bar

Post by craig »

jimGTS wrote:Jealous of your trip!

Looks great.

You'd love it Jim :thumleft:
Last edited by craig on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Post by craig »

Probably the smallest update so far on the thread, but an update none the less! :lol:

The car is now pretty much how I want it, and I'm happy enough with it.

I did however notice that the driver side door lever surround was cracked, and had a chip out of it.

I had a look on TCB's website and purchased a pair of brand new door lever surrounds. There was nothing wrong with the passenger side one, but for around £25 all in inc VAT and delivery, I bought a pair. :)

Brand new in Toyota bags:

new vs old cracked/chipped one:

and both new surrounds fitted:

No other plans for the car at the moment. The one thing I want to do is replace the Japspeed exhaust with something decent and twin exit, but no rush, just as and when something comes up that suits the car.

Thumbs up to TCB for another fast, friendly service. :thumleft:
Last edited by craig on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I'll have a blueflame OR the one you've seen on mine up for sale after the weekend mate :thumleft:

BTW im getting a japspeed fitted next Tuesday - after that the other one will be off..... and it's at Pete's :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

androo007 wrote:I'll have a blueflame OR the one you've seen on mine up for sale after the weekend mate :thumleft:

BTW im getting a japspeed fitted next Tuesday - after that the other one will be off..... and it's at Pete's :thumleft:

Hey mate,

Not a massive fan of the blue flame, and from memory, the one at Pete's off your car is very similar to the Japspeed exhaust?

Out of interest, how much are you after for that twin exhaust (not the blue flame) at Pete's?

I'll probably (if I can be ar$ed :lol:) get a custom exhaust made, with the box similar to stock, that would be hidden behind my diffuser, with 2 x 4" rolled in tailpipes.

:thumleft:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Similar in design but JASMA stamped - not sure of the make though :thumleft:

The cans aren't as sideways so it's a bit more subtle.

Would be after 250. Just drop a PM if you want mate save me clogging up your thread
craig

Post by craig »

Well, they say a project car is never finished.........but I think mine is.

I'm now happy with the car's bodywork, kit, wheels, interior and engine/power output.

Nothing more I really want to do to this car now.

Took it out for a blast round the country roads at the weekend with the roof off. It really does feel planted through the corners and drives so well.

The only thing I do want to do, and that's when the Falken tyres expire, they'll be replaced with AD08's.

25 degrees, roof off, clear blue skies and country roads......... 8)
Last edited by craig on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

That's a good place to be Craig, just don't get bored and think of something to change.

Looking great tho.
craig

Post by craig »

shane34 wrote:That's a good place to be Craig, just don't get bored and think of something to change.

Looking great tho.

Cheers mate, that's the idea, routine maintenance and enjoyment. :thumleft:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I still say to summarise....

You have

Forged Engine
Aftermarket ECU
Cooling sorted to a T
Suspension and handling upgrades
Done all the right performance bolt ons you can do

Aced the look of it

when are you gonna cave and give it the power to match the looks? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
craig

Post by craig »

androo007 wrote:I still say to summarise....

You have

Forged Engine
Aftermarket ECU
Cooling sorted to a T
Suspension and handling upgrades
Done all the right performance bolt ons you can do

Aced the look of it

when are you gonna cave and give it the power to match the looks? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oi. Stop it!! :mrgreen:

My CT20b was refurbished in 2015 with steel shaft, compressor wheel and 360 degree thrust washer. The car is mapped to the current set up and puts out 306bhp @ 1.2 bar.

For me, I'm perfectly happy with how quick the car is and how it performs.

Plus the fact I'm not really interested in the huge expense of a turbo kit and any fabrication work required plus injectors, cams etc and further mapping costs. [-(

I'm done spending another penny on this car other than maintenance costs etc. :thumleft:

And, possibly a better exhaust to replace the Japspeed.
craig

Post by craig »

Well, I can't stop messing :mrgreen:

Ganador mirrors have been sold and shipped abroad. I've refitted my stock retracting mirrors. All wired up, and working perfectly.

I'd actually forgot how much more you can see out of the stock mirrors, compared with the Ganador mirrors!

My carbon boot lid has been removed and is now up for sale, and I've fitted an OEM black boot lid.

Next up is the removal of my carbon bonnet, and replacement with a stock item. I much prefer the car with OEM panels fitted, all colour coded, rather than a mix of carbon and black.

I've also bought a pair of stock rev 3 lights and looms. Undecided on fitting these yet, we'll see.....

:thumleft:
Last edited by craig on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Much better Craig. I always think carbon despite being expensive, looks very cheap
JD

Post by JD »

Oi if you're down at Peter's could you snap a pic of my car please? I miss her :lol:
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Looks loads better without the carbon bits! I probably would have kept the mirrors but I can understand why you got rid, just need to ditch those smoked lights next :thumleft:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
craig

Post by craig »

androo007 wrote:Much better Craig. I always think carbon despite being expensive, looks very cheap

I don't mind the carbon, but I much prefer colour coded factory panels. :thumleft:

JD wrote:Oi if you're down at Peter's could you snap a pic of my car please? I miss her :lol:

I did see your car briefly mate. Looks tidy! Wish I'd seen this post while I was at sbits, I'd have grabbed you a pic or 2!! #-o

C35Rob wrote:Looks loads better without the carbon bits! I probably would have kept the mirrors but I can understand why you got rid, just need to ditch those smoked lights next :thumleft:

Agree entirely Rob. The Ganador mirrors, I wasn't really fussed about keeping them, and sold them to a guy across the pond for £350.

Carbon bonnet is next to go. I would have got it changed over yesterday, but my old stock bonnet (which had the washer jet holes filled in), wasn't as reversible as we thought! :lol:

However, I do have another stock black bonnet, that just needs a soaking and a power polish, and we'll be good to go!

As above, I'm not overly keen on the smoked indicators either, and have a set of stock rev3 lights/looms on their way to me. :thumleft:

Tempted to order a new "MR2" badge for the center panel too for completeness. :-k
Draven

Post by Draven »

lol you change your car about more often than any one else I know. :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Draven wrote:lol you change your car about more often than any one else I know. :thumleft:

It's all good mate :mrgreen:

I now also go to the gym 3 times a week. That's my new hobby, although it hasn't stopped me messing around with the car. :lol:
JD

Post by JD »

craig wrote:I did see your car briefly mate. Looks tidy! Wish I'd seen this post while I was at sbits, I'd have grabbed you a pic or 2!! #-o

No worries - not long before I see it myself hopefully :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

Right, another little update :lol:

Received the stock rev 3 lights yesterday. Removed from a 1996 car:

Complete with uncut wiring looms:

And after a T-cut and polish with Autoglym, looking nice and shiny:

Last edited by craig on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD

Post by JD »

It looks great but please STOP. You need a new hobby. This is an intervention. The car is fine. Please take up 1000-piece puzzles, or crocheting, or something. Peter needs time to work on my car!

Return to “Member Profiles”