Cosmos Blue Beams PG11 - For Sale...?

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

synXero

Re: Cosmos Blue Beams PG11 - For Sale...?

Post by synXero »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't believe I bought these...

Bring on the stopping powaaaaaah!!!
Donato

Post by Donato »

They are massive!

Nice stopping power now.

Love your Enkei's too :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

My supra BBK is coming on nicely! Caliper I've worked on on the left, with new disc - caliper on the right is as received. Plans are to add on high temp brake caliper vinyl "TRD". Not sure on what colour to use. Blue seems sensible given the match with disc bell, bodywork colour, and Enkei wheels logo.

alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

looking good mate :)
synXero

Post by synXero »

Whereabouts are you based alan, if you don't mind me asking?? I know you know a guy that does all your car bodywork painting etc, could be useful in future to have a good guy. Don't know anyone around here who's any real use. Previously I painted my own stuff but Cosmos Blue is just impossible :|
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

im 30 miles south of newcastle mate place called billingham :) my mate who does all my paint work has been doing it 29 years and is really good

and ive known him for years he has done all my cars :) he is located in stockton on tees quite a drive for you mind :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

300 mile round trip. If he's really good, and if he could do a fellow rev5 owner discount :whistle: that might actually be worthwhile! Not yet like, but thinking of getting the car blown over one day, sort out some little bits and pieces. Thanks anyway.
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

check out rx8 seats - cheap as sin
synXero

Post by synXero »

Reasonably good looking seat. I always fancied an S2000 seat setup but couldn't be ersed doing the R&D. And they cost a god damn fortune.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

the drivers rx8 seat is electronic, you could fit 2 passenger seats however :thumleft: although the seat controls would be on the wrong side, or you could wire it in :thumleft:
vishpish

Post by vishpish »

Awesome build! Brakes look epic...I need some! Are they expensive over just getting minted pads ie Carbotechs etc?

Also put in a request to your Edinburgh mr2 facebook group following on from your mention over on the spotted page like 3 months ago.

Still can't believe I haven't seen you about!
synXero

Post by synXero »

Hey dude, nice one joining the club. I'm in Edinburgh all the time now, not in Glasgow anymore sadly.

Re brakes, definitely the affordable and sensible way to do it is get awesome pads all round. That will give you all the braking you ever need. I am unashamed to say I'm doing it 60% for looks, 40% for performance.

Looks, sound, power
Aaaanyway... Today the car's custom exhaust was finished. It's a decat system designed by me and built by Stainless Creations of Falkirk.

I wanted quad exit, but didn't want it to look trashy or cheap... It had to be respectable. Visually, I was looking at a few quad exit 3000GT/GTO exhausts, as well as F355 and the MR2 MK3 quad-exit options from Cobra motorsport. I do also really like split back boxes, though, like you get with a turbo Mongoose. Very few if any NA exhausts have split back boxes.

I also wanted the sound to be respectable. I didn't want chavy, raspy noise. I didn't want excessively aftermarket boomyness, but something that complemented the stock Beams sound. I asked for a "mechanical howl" influenced by the stock E92 M3 system.

Lastly, in terms of power, I wanted a more free-flowing system, as they say on the Beams group that the exhaust is the most limiting feature of the stock engine. Pipes are thus 2.5" all the way through, and the cat is removed for a decat pipe, but exactly the same length as the stock cat so it can be swapped back in if necessary (also kept the stock exhaust, for resale etc).

What they gave me is just... Perfect. I haven't been able to photograph it well yet. From an average perspective, it's just two subtle, classy twin tail pipes. Very respectable. From behind and below, you see the two very present silencer boxes, right hand one embossed, and the split pipe. It's just great. It sounds frankly unbelievable, too. Better than I thought an NA MR2 could sound. The iPhone hasn't captured it at all, but it sounds like a highly-strung European race car. Like I say, photos and videos haven't captured it in its true glory, but here's a few sneak peeks... I'll post up a video once I get a decent daylight one with a good recording device.

You maybe can't tell in these photos but their attention to detail is mind blowing. The welding is artful, and the pipes are millimeter perfect, they are concentric with the bodywork curves and they protrude evenly.

Very, very impressed with Stainless Creation's work. If you want a custom system, go to them. They give you exactly what you ask for.
synXero

Post by synXero »

I've also been kitting out the interior with some more luxury. I've got myself a retrimmed centre transmission tunnel, black leather with red stitch. Hopefully soon I'll have myself a dashboard retrim as well. Not going to take it on myself, so employing either Rhon or Steve :thumleft:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Exhaust looks sweet...how much did it set you back (if you don't mind me asking)?
dan4

Post by dan4 »

It looks like the tailpipes are too low and angled downwards?
synXero

Post by synXero »

Nah, it's a really good fit. Such a solidly built piece of exhaust and clearly done with care! To have the exhaust system built and fitted and decat made and fitted cost a total of £560.

In other news... Well, xxxx.

So we've got A-pillar pod dual gauge holder, with oil temperature and oil pressure gauges, then the start of my front Supra BBK, Then hidden away on the chair my RX8 rear-discs BBK, then a new exhaust heatshield ready for painting/bling, then a set of genuine TOM's sideskirts, then a genuine TOM's spoiler, then a set of Raybrig-style H4 reflector lenses, and a set of Ring Xenon H4 bulbs, then a TRD steering wheel!

...Then a BMC carbon airbox for sale, an original transmission tunnel and cubby box, a set of rev5 cloth seats, a modified set of single-intake side vents, a rear strut brace, and a bin overflowing with packaging.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

We had a guest room which looked like that. It's now full of bathroom furniture, as that's my latest task #-o
synXero

Post by synXero »

First of many, many, many mods to be fitted. On the plus side I'm done buying for a while :lol:

These new H4 reflector lamps and bulbs (left) are a lot more modern looking than the antediluvian glass that was there before (right). I'm undecided, but maybe it's time to go for crystal sidelights too? Does anyone make clear glass fog lights as a final step? I've also kitted myself out with Ring Xenon Ultima bulbs, which are the most recent winner of the award that made everyone buy Osram Nightbreakers in recent years. This photo also highlights how much I need to sort out my rusty numberplate bolts and old, re-fitted-from-old-car numberplate...

Looking forward to seeing the difference in the dark.

H4 reflector Clear lenses:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380529359203? ... 1497.l2649

H4 Ring Xenon bulbs:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160930842517? ... 1497.l2649

Took about half an hour I'd guess.
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

straight swop for glass units no probs :?:
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Nice :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”