Battlefield3 thread....

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JohnnyC

Re: Battlefield3 thread....

Post by JohnnyC »

JohnnyC wrote:STILL haven't got my copy from Amazon that I pre-ordered months ago :evil:
STILL not arrived from Amazon ](*,)
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Anyone finding things slow to rank up?

Got all these extra unlocks but I just want a gun with a decent scope! Even more irritating when you level up in one class it isnt mirrored for the other team. So you need to grind away trying to get a usable gun again in the same class. 10x more unlocks - isnt a good thing, just means you have to do everything twice!

Gun choice is also super limited, scope choice is limited - bah.
sibster

Post by sibster »

Bender Unit wrote:Anyone finding things slow to rank up?

Got all these extra unlocks but I just want a gun with a decent scope! Even more irritating when you level up in one class it isnt mirrored for the other team. So you need to grind away trying to get a usable gun again in the same class. 10x more unlocks - isnt a good thing, just means you have to do everything twice!

you sound like a COD player mate, who needs to prestige in a few days lol.

Stick to one class you like then stick to one gun the unlocks soon start coming, i'm using support class and now only rank 10ish and have unlocked pretty mutch all the scopes etc i need for my weapon of choice.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

sibster wrote:

Stick to one class you like then stick to one gun the unlocks soon start coming, i'm using support class and now only rank 10ish and have unlocked pretty mutch all the scopes etc i need for my weapon of choice.

thought the same thing lol, you can easily rack up 5000 points a game if you do the objectives plus your class perks eg giving medi kits out, repairing tanks. just running and gunning for kills will get you no where.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Is no one else having the standing up/crouch issue on the ps3? If I try to shoot someone and they shoot back my player will crouch on its own to take cover, Even if I'm out in the open. Also if I'm hiding behind an object shooting at someone and move back to take more cover I stand up when I loose sight of my target.

It's really annoying and I keep dying in close combat shootouts because of it.
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Guys - who needs scopes? Iron sights ftw!

un1eash wrote:Is no one else having the standing up/crouch issue on the ps3? If I try to shoot someone and they shoot back my player will crouch on its own to take cover, Even if I'm out in the open. Also if I'm hiding behind an object shooting at someone and move back to take more cover I stand up when I loose sight of my target.

It's really annoying and I keep dying in close combat shootouts because of it.

Not had that problem yet to be honest, having several more though.

Helicopter controls and effed up from BC2, and it occasionally decides to dump you on the other team after a round.

Still early days, Im hoping the bugs will be sorted soon.
CarBen Fibre Creations

Post by CarBen Fibre Creations »

Ive been playing solo and love it, gonna dive into multiplayer tonight so if anyone wants a game my PSN is BenC_UK
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Had a day off today, so just to warn anyone ready to play tonight get ready for possible server problems.

They were down from 9-11 this morning but took a lot longer to come back up and are still having problems.

Lots and lots of annoyed people on the official forums.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:
sibster wrote:

thought the same thing lol, you can easily rack up 5000 points a game if you do the objectives plus your class perks eg giving medi kits out, repairing tanks. just running and gunning for kills will get you no where.

Yeah exactly. I'm averaging 6000-6500 points per match atm with Support and Assult class. :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

JohnnyC wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:STILL haven't got my copy from Amazon that I pre-ordered months ago :evil:

STILL not got this :cry:
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

JohnnyC wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

STILL not got this :cry:

Johnny you seriously aren't missing anything mate.

Campaign is medal of honor/cod copy.

Multiplayer is a bit of a mess at the minute.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

That's what I like to hear :D
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

For all you shooter lovers, must see:

Act Of Valor!

:thumleft:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

might trade it.... HMV are giving £35 trade in value so might go for it... I liked Bad Company 2 alot more, I think if I was playing it on a PC I would enjoy it more.
Moustachio

Post by Moustachio »

Yep another epic fail by EA

the servers are utterly screwed.

Oh well back to Gears3 with new fortifications and maps, whilst they sought it out :thumleft:
Bring back Psygnosis
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Moustachio wrote:Yep another epic fail by EA

Oh well back to Gears3 with new fortifications and maps, whilst they sought it out :thumleft:

pc servers were fixed a few days ago, been smooth as silk since
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

TBH EA serers are like this for every game of theirs I have ever bought.

I love the campaign, the visuals are superb but its only 720p and not even 3D which is disapointing as gears 3 in 3D is just the dogs danglys.

I will give the online a go when I complete the campaign

Chris.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

They are all sorted now mate. PC got fixed first, consoles are damn quick now. :thumleft:
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Good god the single player campaign is dire. I have forced myself to play it and on both occasions switched off through complete boredom. I know BF3 is about the MP but they still have to put some effort in. BFBC1&2 were miles ahead in terms of SP campaign. Actually the MP was also better too!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Bender Unit wrote:Good god the single player campaign is dire. I have forced myself to play it and on both occasions switched off through complete boredom. I know BF3 is about the MP but they still have to put some effort in. BFBC1&2 were miles ahead in terms of SP campaign. Actually the MP was also better too!

Only bought it for the multiplayer mate, which is outstanding. :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”