Just crashed my car - **repairs update**

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: Just crashed my car - **repairs update**

Post by toxo »

I know we've already covered this but when he does make sure he's looking at import turbos of the right age! Mine was looking at import turbos but had found a bunch of rev2s and was using those as a comparison. "Ah but those are pre-facelift" was my response and lo and behold, payout ;)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Marf

Post by Marf »

Yep will bear that in mind, hopefully the guy will have his head screwed on and will realise, but you never know!

This arvo is gonna be tense!!!! :|
JJ

Post by JJ »

This arvo is gonna be tense!!!!

Pubs just around the corner Marf :mrgreen:
Seriously though, been keeping an eye and hope if works out for the better for you :thumleft:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Marf wrote:Assessor left about an hour ago. Impressed on him I want to save the car, that I want to do the repairs and that if it went in to an approved bodyshop it'd be a total loss.

He seems happy to work on a cash in lieu settlement of between £1600-1800.

He said he would go off and do some research on the value of the car and come back to me this afternooon.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Get on the internet straight away! (hold on, you already are! lol) Find the most expensive examples out there of similar age and present them to him. Also pull out the best pics you have of your car showing it in as pristine condition as possible. Try to emphasize the collector value of this imported niche car. Get that figure up bud. I got way more for my rev1!!!

B
Marf

Post by Marf »

Hi Bobby,

if he comes back and starts arguing the toss, then I'll do that.

The 16-1800 figure is based on my calcs to repair the car after speaking to various people, I'm not looking to milk the insurance company for every possible penny, I just want the car back on the road for the least possible outlay. Got my renewal to think about afterall!

:)
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Marf wrote:Hi Bobby,

The 16-1800 figure is based on my calcs to repair the car after speaking to various people, I'm not looking to milk the insurance company for every possible penny, I just want the car back on the road for the least possible outlay. Got my renewal to think about afterall!

True, true. I guess the difference in my case was that it was a 'non-fault' accident so nothing came back to hit me anyway.

B
Marf

Post by Marf »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:

True, true. I guess the difference in my case was that it was a 'non-fault' accident so nothing came back to hit me anyway.

B

Yep true that, my underwriter see it as my own fault, despite bambi's intervention! :lol:
Marf

Post by Marf »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

:thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Marf wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Whats going down mate?
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Cash in lieu of repair, £1700.

Over the moon. :D
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Is that before they take your excess out of it?
Marf

Post by Marf »

Yeah before, gotta wear that cost unfortunately.

I'm not overly bothered as I was going to have her blown over at some point this year, so putting in a bit of my own cash is no biggie, at the end of the day I've got enough cash to do the repairs, the cars not written off and it'll come back looking better than before :)
Timsmr2

Post by Timsmr2 »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:

B

You might get a surprise come renewal time. I was involved in a 'non-fault' accident in the 2. When I came to renew the insurance for the family car I told them about it and they slapped £50 on the price.

Havent had to renew the 2 but i would imagine they will do the same but I wont know (as i dont know what it would have been before)
Marf

Post by Marf »

Time for a little Monday afternoon update.

My insurance renewal has come through, £60 more than last year. Pretty damn happy with that all things considered.

The car will be winging its way to Pete at Sbits either Friday this week or Monday next to carry out the repairs and have a full blowover.

Had some suprisingly cheap quotes for transporting the car up there. Its a 220 mile trip and the quotes are coming in around the £110 mark which really surprised me.

Using a website call Shiply.com. You post up what you need shipped and where its going, then transport companies submit bids for the work.

I can definitely get a replacement BBS wheel from Yahoo Japan Auctions via Rinkya, but it looks like I will have to settle for sea based shipping as the usual shipping methods are exorbitantly and prohibitively expensive. Sea shipping takes 3-4 months too :silent:

Got some wanted ads dotted around the net so who knows, may luck out and find one/a pair of them in this country. :)
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Marf wrote:Time for a little Monday afternoon update.

My insurance renewal has come through, £60 more than last year. Pretty damn happy with that all things considered.

The car will be winging its way to Pete at Sbits either Friday this week or Monday next to carry out the repairs and have a full blowover.

Had some suprisingly cheap quotes for transporting the car up there. Its a 220 mile trip and the quotes are coming in around the £110 mark which really surprised me.

Using a website call Shiply.com. You post up what you need shipped and where its going, then transport companies submit bids for the work.

I can definitely get a replacement BBS wheel from Yahoo Japan Auctions via Rinkya, but it looks like I will have to settle for sea based shipping as the usual shipping methods are exorbitantly and prohibitively expensive. Sea shipping takes 3-4 months too :silent:

Got some wanted ads dotted around the net so who knows, may luck out and find one/a pair of them in this country. :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Marf

Post by Marf »

Found a replacement BBS wheel in the states, yay :D
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

glad its worked out for you buddy :clap: :clap: :clap: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
stock isnt that soup or something.....?

tic tac 500bhp build thread
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 57#1182357
Marf

Post by Marf »

Cheers dude, its all coming together 8)
craig

Post by craig »

Excellent news Marf! :clap: 8)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”