IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lemon Secretary

Re: IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Post by Lemon Secretary »

Ok, as requested I have postal addresses from the following people for the photoshare:

Reema AKA Lemon Secretary
Pete AKA t-bar89
Michael AKA AW11 Forever..!
Dan AKA ekona
Jinxy AKA Tony jinxy froude

I'll give it a couple of days then I'll circulate them by email. If you wanna get involved then get your details to me quick sharp!! [email protected]
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

I love that pic of the gulf mk3!!!! their is a company that make that bodykit especially for the gulf colours. I have added a link to the picture of the kit... notice the nice rear spoiler option though.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/processed ... O_c1PM.jpg

:thumleft:
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Top Notch that Pete,

I really do feel like bringing something crazy like this to LM09.
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

Well....

I read in a car magazine a couple of months ago about something i'd never realised before. As you probably know, company vans and lorrys etc. that are covered in fancy graphics, advertising and cool looking paints are in fact a white van underneath with a massive sticker stuck over them.

Apparently these stickers (car wraps) are available for normal people in normal cars also. (not just buisinesses)

Therefore, the opportunities are endless. We would need to look into prices. But this is somthing I was looking into anyway cause it completely protects the paint underneath and enables pretty much any picture you want on your car.

check out these links, if they work.

http://www.raccoon.co.uk/enlarge_image. ... catid=NA==

http://www.wrapmycar.co.uk/gallery.html
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

I have emailed a vehicle wrap company and asked for a quote on an mr2. Also added that potentially there may be more than one person interested therefore any chance of a discount. It may be too expensive but hey its worth asking.

Maybe I should hand this over to jinxy, our lemon club stickers and regalia manager.

:mrgreen:
markiii

Post by markiii »

expect around £1000 min for a full body wrap
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Yep im with Mark on that one, they are quite expensive, the reason being that the whole wrap needs to be printed on & they theres an art in getting it on the car without leaving football sized air pockets underneath, even Alison would struggle to apply these without air bubbles :mrgreen: , worth enquiring though :thumleft: , Jinxy
( Citric sticker manager :mrgreen: )
AW11 Forever..!

Just in from PC World where I have purchased a website for £100. The site should be up and running by tonight, I'll keep you posted.
If anyone would like to financially contribute towards the cost of the LM09 website then please feel free to make a donation into my PayPal account.

[email protected]

Any small amount appreciated

The website is now ''live'' so please have a look

www.LeMans-24HeuresDuMans-Tour.Co.Uk

Cheers
Last edited by AW11 Forever..! on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Already sorted Mike :thumleft: , Jinxy
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:Just in from PC World where I have purchased a website for £100.

:shocked:

Wait, I need to reread that...

:shocked:

£100?!?

Mike, why didn't you ask??? I'd have done the same for nothing! I've already got a webserver that I pay for for other stuff and I've plenty of free space for you, could've bought the domain name for £2.50 (yes, seriously) and I would've set up the software and graphics for you so that you could update easily yourself...!

I knew PC World was a ripoff but... Oh My God...
AW11 Forever..!

To late Max, already bought and registered, the website is now live, just need to start addng stuff now and make it look cool, any help appreciated though.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:To late Max, already bought and registered, the website is now live, just need to start addng stuff now and make it look cool, any help appreciated though.

:( No way to get a refund?

What sort of control do you have over it? Do you do the design etc, or just add text?

I've no idea how these PC World packages work, but would be happy to help out a bit. I assume it's probably not the hard-core text based programming of the sites I'm used to though... lol
AW11 Forever..!

Max,

I went for the professional package and have FULL control over the layout, content, tags, you name it I've got 100% control and it's listed with Google. I have free hosting for 1 year so all in all its not a bad package. Have a look, only been working on it for 1 hour

www.LeMans-24HeuresDuMans-Tour.Co.Uk
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Hi Mike,
Yup, had a look and it's good for an hours work! (but shouldn't it be Guest book rather than Quest book? :P :) )

I'm heading home (still in the office... :( ) but if you need help with anything, just shout really... ;)

Only one year... good so next year I'll host it for you for nowt. :thumleft:
AW11 Forever..!

Hey Jinxy, thanks for that contribution to the website, much appreciated. If anyone wants any content added, pictures, text, blog, etc just email it to me @ [email protected]
markiii

Post by markiii »

is it still the plan to be invite only? to prevent 1000 nova driving chavs joining?
AW11 Forever..!

Mark,

Its never been an invite tour, I don't think this calibre of trip will ever attract the 'Chav' community. This trip is of the highest quality, staying in lovely hotels, camping in style at the Chateau and dining in pleasent French restaurants. What we can't do is pre judge people with what type of car they own, we had a guy attend the tour in 2007 with an Astra GSi turbo and he was an absolute top bloke and his car was stunning. I think we will always keep the MR2 influence going as thats where it all started.
markiii

Post by markiii »

I was thinking the forum on teh new website as opposed to teh trip,

I assume teh site is going to have a forum? or are organising discussions going to stay on here?
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Looks good Mike, I like it :thumleft: Might want to drop (or alter) the background though as it has a weird scrolly effect in FF when scrolling down.

Do you realise it's been exactly two weeks tonight since the demise of The Bench? :(
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

Hi Mike,

Website is excellent! Well done. Looking forward to seeing it filled up with loads a lemon stuff.

Return to “Past Events”