[All] [Generic] Which ECU would you choose from the list below and why?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steve b

Re: [All] [Generic] Which ECU would you choose from the list below and why?

Post by steve b »

Yep, we'll i've told them I'll attend my booking :) I'm hoping to get the new version, question is does an MX5 really need antilag :D
spannerman

Post by spannerman »

This is what I use, features per £ its fantastic.

http://www.adaptronic.com.au
spannerman

Post by spannerman »

Opppss forgot price + the UK link:-

Adaptronic E420c ECU & 2.0m Loom - £599.99 inc

http://www.adaptronic.co.uk/

Copied from site:-

Features
Standard ECU features
"3D" Fuel and Ignition maps (as on any sophisticated aftermarket ECU)
Configurable ignition and injection outputs to suit different applications
Inputs for water temperature, air temperature, auxiliary temperature (eg turbo), manifold air pressure, throttle position, knock sensor, EGO (exhaust gas oxygen)
Outputs for four injector groups - allows full sequential injection on a 4-cylinder, or semi-sequential injection on a 6- or 8- cylinder.
Outputs for three igniter groups - allows for wasted spark systems on 4- or 6-cylinder, or conventional distributor systems.
Eight configurable auxiliary outputs - four of which are configurable as high current outputs, three of which are PWM capable.
PC interface
Field upgradeable firmware
Eight configurable auxiliary digital inputs
Datalogging via PC software
Special Features
Adaptive fuel control - with configurable tolerances and loop gains, and conditions under which adaptive behaviour takes place
Narrow-band (factory EGO sensor) closed loop fuel control
High current programmable outputs - allows direct drive of solenoid valves for boost control, air bypass etc
Special function programmable outputs - allows control of anti-pollution purge valves, air conditioners etc
Open-loop and closed loop idle bypass control - allows configuration of increased idle bypass amount based on low battery, electrical load, air conditioner, as well as correction based on RPM
Programmable for different crank angle sensor waveforms
Many other features
Kenny-Boost

Post by Kenny-Boost »

steve b wrote:

google said wrote:
Definitions of defunct on the Web:

* dead: no longer in force or use; inactive; "a defunct (or dead) law"; "a defunct organization"
* having ceased to exist or live; "the will of a defunct aunt"; "a defunct Indian tribe"

It is good, doesn't stop it being defunct though. Give a few retailers a call about buying a Power FC see what they say :wink:

I very much hope I've done the right thing deciding to go with the emerald3d, its just so good value for its apparent high spec. I'm going to give a go to making a full loom for a motec incase I decided to upgrade, also be good learning.

not that this matters as a point of...well anything, but the FC isn't defunct.

They still sell them, you can still buy them new, yes they will eventually run out when all the ones in reserver are sold, but the fact that they will sell out suggests they DO sell, not to mention its not that they are killing off the FC, they are discontinuing the 3S-GTE one, the FC will still remain for evo's skylines and the like.

Get whatever ECU you want, you pays your money you takes your choice, i think the motecs are great, i'm not gonna be a stroppy little child that can't admit other products on the market are decent like quite a few folk. the price for that adaptronic unit seems pretty hard to ignore to be honest!

as for megasquirt...well it wouldn't be me, well not on an expensive engine, maybe on a home brew project like the nova i plan to strap a turbo to just to see how long it takes to melt a piston! yes i'm evil, but novas are just hanging on for dear life and they should SO be dead by now! :twisted:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

I've got a Link G1 which I specced as part of my original 3SGTE build, but which is now sadly not up to the job. I need something with variable valve control so am considering either the new Link G2/G3 or a Motec.

:-k

Patrick
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Rogue wrote:I've got a Link G1 which I specced as part of my original 3SGTE build, but which is now sadly not up to the job. I need something with variable valve control so am considering either the new Link G2/G3 or a Motec.

:-k

Patrick

Surely that depends on how much you like Nod at the time? :)

PS: When are you going to get back to me about the cage?! I'm on my mobile if you want to talk.
Kenny-Boost

Post by Kenny-Boost »

To Which the question on a lot of folks lips is now probably "how much ya wanting for the ECU your not using rogue?!"

outta interest why is it that its fallen down and your wanting something better?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

jonb- wrote:Surely that depends on how much you like Nod at the time? :)

Oh, I'm quite fond of him... :whistle:

jonb- wrote:PS: When are you going to get back to me about the cage?! I'm on my mobile if you want to talk.

As soon as I have some concrete information - I hate making promises that I find I can't keep. The current plan is to have the jig made as soon as we come back from the Christmas break.

Kenny-Boost wrote:To Which the question on a lot of folks lips is now probably "how much ya wanting for the ECU your not using rogue?!"

I think it's already sold, but if not I'll drop you a PM.

Kenny-Boost wrote:outta interest why is it that its fallen down and your wanting something better?

There's no provision for variable valve timing, and my 3SGTE now has VVTi. Also, when we ran a Link G1 with coil-on-plug packs earlier this year we started to get cylinder synchronisation errors past ~4500 rpm. We think this is down to the trigger board which has been completely redesigned in the newer versions.

That said, the G1 is a cracking ECU and we use it on SpudFromEngland's 600+fwhp MR2.

Patrick
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Rogue wrote:There's no provision for variable valve timing, and my 3SGTE now has VVTi. Patrick

I may be picking your brains about this later Patrick. The 1MZFE I'm putting in the Mk1 is the VVTi version and although I'm using a DTA P8 ECU I'll be interested to know what kind of feedback you'll be using to control the VVTi.

Chris
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

I prefer the PFC over the Motec because it has a twiddly handheld style remote control thingy :twisted:

;)
M5
EarL

Post by EarL »

V8Killer wrote:I prefer the PFC over the Motec because it has a twiddly handheld style remote control thingy :twisted:

;)

You should have come to the seminar Dave Rowe took at MoTeC in Banbury Muhsin, I'm sure Dave would have shown you the error of your ways. :eye:

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

EarL wrote:
V8Killer wrote:I prefer the PFC over the Motec because it has a twiddly handheld style remote control thingy :twisted:

;)

You should have come to the seminar Dave Rowe took at MoTeC in Banbury Muhsin, I'm sure Dave would have shown you the error of your ways. :eye:

EarL.

Honestly, i forgot all about it!

I'd get a motec but it doesn't come with a remote control thingy bob :evil:

:oops:
M5
greeny

Post by greeny »

Rogue wrote:...... and my 3SGTE now has VVTi.

:shock: :?: :idea:

How's this come about then ?

Michael.
MR2lover

Post by MR2lover »

Got to be Beams cylinder head :-k
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

MR2lover wrote:Got to be Beams cylinder head :-k

A little off topic I know, but, noticed your car MR2Lover, in one of the lads car mags, I forget which one!? It stated that you now had 500+bhp! :shock: Is this accurate, ie, have you had it on the rollers etc?

Mikejc
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

It's running 2bar boost now Mike :-k
MR2lover

Post by MR2lover »

Yh i saw that is redline also

Is funny how they over exagerate everything in that mag, Like standard saxo's engines running 200bhp :lol:

Not had on dyno yet mike matey but tbh i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't around that area if more at fly. Seeing as i run 2bar now on my gt30 with my bigger tb and intake manifold also. Using Mr rowe's hp calculator that he showed us at seminar it pointed to me having 490 - 510 bhp depending on afr tuned to but mostly 11.5's

Your cars torque line looks good by the way matey :wink: surprising what 3d mapping shows ya 8)
MR2lover

Post by MR2lover »

Sorry to go offtopic steve in topic but its kinda related still. Talking about mapping and ecu's.

Also if this helps to show which ecu i would go for. my mk1 will be having a emerald. My pockets just arn't deep enough for motec
steve b

Post by steve b »

MR2lover wrote:Sorry to go offtopic steve in topic but its kinda related still. Talking about mapping and ecu's.

Also if this helps to show which ecu i would go for. my mk1 will be having a emerald. My pockets just arn't deep enough for motec

Makes total sense to talk about mapping while talking about ECU's :) I'm still hankering after a XLEMG2... Emerald it is though, can't justify the extra cash,.. i'm liking a flush headlight kit as the minute as well.. :D
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

MR2lover wrote:Yh i saw that is redline also

Is funny how they over exagerate everything in that mag, Like standard saxo's engines running 200bhp :lol:

Not had on dyno yet mike matey but tbh i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't around that area if more at fly. Seeing as i run 2bar now on my gt30 with my bigger tb and intake manifold also. Using Mr rowe's hp calculator that he showed us at seminar it pointed to me having 490 - 510 bhp depending on afr tuned to but mostly 11.5's

Your cars torque line looks good by the way matey :wink: surprising what 3d mapping shows ya 8)

I see mate. To be honest i've not been keeping up to date on here just lately so much of the new has simply slipped by me #-o What turbo are you using exactly, GT3071 ?

As for my torque curve....you really need to experience it from inside the car :twisted: :shock:

Mikejc

Return to “Modifications”