Subframes

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cjones2

Re: Subframes

Post by cjones2 »

Cool.. I want a refund i dont even want these frames now ive seen the quality.

I thinking that if they ignore out phone calls and wont offer a return / refund then we should all get together and goto small claims court.

What do you guys think its around 30 quid i think and personally feel like there waiting 14 days before answering the phone so that our time runs out where we are legally entitled to return a product if not happy.
slipping clutch

subframes

Post by slipping clutch »

Hi all,
First off a big thanks to aaron for getting the pictures up for me and secondly apolagies for the picture quality - I am not so good with a camera - but I still think the pictures speak for themselves ! ( if you print them they are a lot clearer)
I have telephoned Corbeau about the situation and had no reply BUT I also posted them a strongly worded letter regarding the fit and quality of there product and also complained about there shoddy handling of this whole buisness - I have backed up the letter with photographs. I have asked that they arrange a courier to pick these subframes up and then asked them to inspect them I have also asked them to replace them with some frames that fit and arent RUBBISH ! I have sent the letter recorded delivery - under trading law we do have to give Corbeau the chance to rectify this situation - should they choose not to then I am all for going in with Cjones suggestion of going to the small claims court.
Any one that wants a full explanation of my pictures please e mail me - But I would respectfully suggest to any one who has these frames - DO NOT attempt to modify them to fit as I have had a proffesional fabricator look at them and his opinion is that the welding is way below standard and could possibly fail in the event of a crash (seat belt bracket weld) - Its your life and I am not about to tell you what to do with it so if after waiting all this time for the frames to finally arrive you want to go ahead and try to fit them its your choice but remember there is a possability that they will fail in the event of an accident !
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

Agree - I just want a seat subframe that fits well, is safe, isnt rusted and fits my seats.
slipping clutch

subframes

Hi all concerned - I managed to speak to Corbeau today and they are in reciept of my letter (see previous post) - I need any one who has these frames to call Corbeau - 01424854499 and explain that you are part of the imoc group buy for these subframes and you would like them to arrange a courier to pick the frames up and for them to inspect them - I have told them there are problems with at least 2 other sets than mine - Be pleasent with them but be firm - They are picking mine up on Friday. The concerns I outlined to them were build quality, and safety I also raised the issue of there franchised dealer who once told dont contact Corbeau direct and is now telling us the exact oppasite. I have also stated that I want a set of properly manafactured subframes sent to me if they agree they are faulty - Its up to you if you want to go down that route or ask for a full refund.
Dont let me down please people - if we push hard enough we may get this issue resolved with out it dragging on and on.- Thanks.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

Hello,

Will be in contact with corbeau tomorrow quoting the IMOC as requested, asking for a full refund, because i have no faith in them now and dont want to wait another 3 months for another set of frames in the ofchance that they are a better fit.
will post on here the result.

:|
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

rang them just now..

more than happy to pick my item up and send a new one that fits / is safe enough etc..

arrange collection for monday..

they did say they were going to give everone a call to ask for the item to be returned if defective / are you ahppy with it etc..
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

had another phone call

they seems to think that maybe we've been sent the mk1 seat frames? Anyone have an idea as to what the floor pan of the mk1 would look like compared to these frames?
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

hiya

yeah spoke to them this morning and they said they were going to ring everyone else to arrange collection. mine are being collected tomorrow, they said the mk1 thing to me aswell but i think that rubbish, problem is...... even if they are mk1 frames they should not snap off like that!!
slipping clutch

subframes

Interesting statement from Corbeau - regarding mk 1 frames - didnt we have a request for mk 1 frames at the start of the group buy - if memory serves me correctly they were I think a lot differnt to mk 2;s or not listed or something like that. Glad you all made a little head way though!
slipping clutch

sub frames

Hi all, I hope those that had arranged to have there subframes picked up today had the required pick up I arranged for mine to be picked up on FRIDAY but the courier firm turned up today instead - Yet another cal to Corbeau ! who blamed the courier firm- so if they came to me instead of you today I am sorry - Corbeau confirmed with me that they had Friday down as the pick up day for mine so I guess some one may have got unlucky. Let me know how you got on.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

mine were collected on friday. will keep you informed
slipping clutch

subframes

Hi all - I hope every one has had there subframes picked up by corbeau - I have not heard anything from them yet so I suggest we start telephoning tommorow |(i called today and left a messege) once again be polite but firm and ask what the situation is - I dont think any one wants this dragging on any longer than it should but cjones raised an interesting point in one post regarding 14 days for replacement/refund. so lets give this project another push in the right direction and try and get it solved asap to every ones satifaction. any probs. please post or p.m. thanks.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

OK, been incontact with Jim Rosewell, director. They have had a delay with the courier and only arrived today.. he opened then whilst on the phone and acknowledged that the welding was rubbish and the frames were terrible fit. The frames are not being made by corbeau themselves but by 3rd party company at the moment due to a fire they have suffered from and are trying to get back on their feet.

Jim is going to talk to the 3rd party company and inform of whats going to happen now
slipping clutch

subframes

Hi All,
I to have spoken to Jim Rosewell at Corbeau and in the interest of fairness I told him that I would type a a piece regarding his side of things.
Firstly he has stated the frames were made by a "third party " company due to the pressure of work load at Corbeau at the moment - I was told this was due to the factory move. Also he has also stated that the quality of the subframes is poor - well below the standard expected by corbeau and they should not have left the factory. He is and I quote "going to talk to his man in the morning" regarding this issue as the subframes seem to have bypassed quality control with no one checking them when they came into Corbeau.
Jim Rosewell also asked me to point out that the patterns for the subframes were actually taken from an mr2 which he at one time owned the vehicle was a "2001 model" and he is at a loss as to why the frames do not fit. As far as what we can expect in the form of replacement subframes or refunds he is unable to state until he has reviwed things "with his man" in the morning.

Okay I know I have repeated a lot of Luize's post above but I did state I would post Jim Rosewells views on the subject so no apolagies!
As for the statements them selves I do not know to be honest - hopefully this is going the right way with an admission of poor quality and should not have left the factory etc. I guess we will have to wait until tommorow but I am going to state that I still have some concerns over this issue given the promises and statments made by Corbeau in the past (which I have e mails to prove) But like I say hopefully this will be resolved soon.
Thanks for calling the factory as well guys - I know its more and more hassle but I think we still need to keep pushing a little.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

yeah same here, sorry i was unclear.. they hd a fire in original factory some time ago so have been using a rented one.. just moved back into theirown factory again.

will keep pushing :) he did say that he hasnt got an mr2 anymore so i think he may need propper measurments again, cant remember their address but if needed then im happy to go down and let them measure my car if they cover fuel :lol:
Valentino MR2

Post by Valentino MR2 »

Just seen this thread, I bought some 2nd hand Corbeau seats off ebay earlier this year and they had mr2 frames with them, although never fitted by the previous owner (frames still in their original boxes from corbeau) they we're bought early last year (2005) and when I test fitted the frames they we're exactly like the ones that people have been recieving through this group buy,

I contacted Corbeau and sent them photos of the frames and the said they we're correct and wouldn't give me a refund due to being a year since purchase, so i had to sell the seats

So obviously this isn't a one-off, they had the same problem over a year ago
Hope this helps
Last edited by Valentino MR2 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slipping clutch

subframes.

Top man !!! thanks for this bit of Information - I will pass it on to Corbeau - seems this isnt quite such a "third party" manafacture issue if its been going on that long.
Thanks again.
Valentino MR2

Post by Valentino MR2 »

Exactly, wish i'd seen the thread earlier
They we're bought through Dan@Dcdezign if that helps your cause
I'm guessing that the frames have never been made right, I just wonder how many people have bought them over the last year and just bodged them to fit cos they couldn't be bothered with the hassle of returning them
aaronjb

Re: subframes

Post by aaronjb »

slipping clutch wrote:mr2 which he at one time owned the vehicle was a "2001 model"

Odd - I know there are quite a few 1999 Mk2's, and certainly the odd late-registered 2000.. but 2001 is well into Mk3 territory :?
slipping clutch

subframes

Thanks for that - I thought that as well but figured he may have a late registered one. To be honest i have done as I said I would and posted his reply as it was stated to me. Thanks again for the point though - something else to point out to Corbeau.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”