1994 MR2 GT turbo T-bar

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt-mr2

Re: 1994 MR2 GT turbo T-bar

Post by matt-mr2 »

craig wrote:
matt-mr2 wrote:Nice work Craig

Cheers Matt :thumleft:

How's your TRD coming along? Not seen any updates in a while.

Take it easy,
Craig

Good I've got the project moving again.I lost interest/had no time to do it so it was just sat in the garage .

It's on track again I've fitted and bled the chargecooler system it now needs wiring up. I've ordered a rear bumper from Patrick which will be here next week
Siemr216vt

Post by Siemr216vt »

Like that project thread thumbs up kidda
craig

Post by craig »

Siemr216vt wrote:Like that project thread thumbs up kidda

Thanks mate :D
craig

Post by craig »

Right, time for an update....

The interior project continues!

Following the UK/Import aircon panel project as detailed above, I wanted a UK center dash with the closable vents, and also to do away with the S2000 start button (that I've never used since fitting it!)

I sourced UK dash in mint condition with all clips intact, it just needed a clean, which was done with Autoglym rubber care, which left it looking new.

The Blitz boost controller was housed where the factory clock used to reside. I've had this moved to the drop down panel by the drivers knee, and refitted a factory clock. Much tidier.

I also bought a brand new gear lever surround. Mine had a hole in it from an alarm feature. I wanted no aftermarket holes in the trim, so it had to go. The new surround goes nicely with my almost new leather Toyota gear lever gaiter.

And lastly, I had various trim screws missing. These have all been replaced where required.

My interior now looks brand new, fully fitted with all screws and nice and tidy:

Last edited by craig on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Post by craig »

As the better half has been away all day, doing the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge, and with me having the driveway to myself.....

The MR2 was released from the garage, and I set about doing a full wash and polish.

I literally cannot remember the last time I washed this car, as it's not really something I take pleasure in!

Car washed with Autoglym car shampoo, followed by a coat of Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

My Enkie RP-01 wheels are now back to TE37 bronze, as opposed to Carbotech black :lol:

Rather than just put the car back away, I thought I'd go for drive, seeing as it's been a decent day for it. 8)

Of course, this post would not be complete without some pictures of the now, very shiny MR2!

All stickered up for the Le Mans trip! :mrgreen:
Last edited by craig on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLW

Post by JLW »

looking great as always pal, can't wait to get my Carbon border bonnet on :D
craig

Post by craig »

JLW wrote:looking great as always pal, can't wait to get my Carbon border bonnet on :D

Cheers mate. :D

That bonnet you bought, is that my old one from Josh?

Looking forward to seeing your car with the future developments of TRD spoiler, Border bonnet and bucket seats.

:thumleft:
JLW

Post by JLW »

craig wrote:
JLW wrote:looking great as always pal, can't wait to get my Carbon border bonnet on :D

Looking forward to seeing your car with the future developments of TRD spoiler, Border bonnet and bucket seats.

Thats the one pal. being packaged up to be shipped as we speak.
collected the TRD wing last week, and just received PP spats made by Nigel at
GFC also. Cars booked in for the week of the 20th at DPM.

Seats being ordered today. Then next month ... Fensport for Link and mapping :D
androo007

Post by androo007 »

looks great. Craig, have you thought about spraying the bonnet to match the bodywork? I always thought CF bonnets look a bit out of place myself.... kinda breaks up the "sleekness".

Only my opinion though :mrgreen:
craig

Post by craig »

JLW wrote:
craig wrote:

Thats the one pal. being packaged up to be shipped as we speak.
collected the TRD wing last week, and just received PP spats made by Nigel at
GFC also. Cars booked in for the week of the 20th at DPM.

Seats being ordered today. Then next month ... Fensport for Link and mapping :D

Good stuff mate, it's all happening! Get that build thread updated asap! :mrgreen:

androo007 wrote:looks great. Craig, have you thought about spraying the bonnet to match the bodywork? I always thought CF bonnets look a bit out of place myself.... kinda breaks up the "sleekness".

Only my opinion though :mrgreen:

Cheers mate! I'm a firm believer of, "if you buy carbon parts, don't paint them!" :mrgreen:

I personally like the way the carbon goes with the black, and it flows over the car:

-Carbon bonnet
-Carbon hydro-dipped T-tops
-Carbon boot lid

androo007

Post by androo007 »

That's fair actually, forgot about the rest of the carbon
craig

Post by craig »

So the car is now MOT'd, checked over, serviced, hoovered, washed, polished and stickered up for the Le Mans trip.

I had a few little bits and pieces to sort on the car on top of the above. With the immensely hot sun shining yesterday, garage door opened up, I set about the little finishing bits and pieces on the car.

Nothing really worth reporting to be honest:

- Fitted some new white LED dome lights
- Re-fitted the boot carpet and clips following a bit of boot seal flange adjustment.
- Tidied up some unused plugs/wiring at the front of the car

However, seeing as the car had just been washed and polished and the sun shining, I took a picture of her ass :mrgreen:

Just because 8)

I'm sure there'll be an influx of pics following the Le Mans trip :thumleft:
Last edited by craig on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looks so so so much better with that exhaust. Enjoy Le Mans! Ask Pete if he found my invoices yet for me if you see him please :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

DAN_REV1_TURBO wrote:Looks so so so much better with that exhaust. Enjoy Le Mans! Ask Pete if he found my invoices yet for me if you see him please :lol:

Cheers Dan, I much prefer this exhaust over the one I had previously. Sounds just right too. I'll mention the invoices to Pete for you. :thumleft:
JD

Post by JD »

Looks very very good indeed :yes:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Last edited by ashley on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Post by craig »

JD wrote:Looks very very good indeed :yes:

Cheers JD :thumleft:

And Ash, yes it's a Japspeed exhaust. :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

Right, now back from the Le Mans trip and awake enough to post some pics from the trip! :lol:

Friday 10th June, car all packed up, the 4 hour journey to Portsmouth was made. Met the other guys at the ferry and got on board:

Carted the overnight gear to the cabin, in which, contained a complimentary mini bar, fruit, macaroons and a Daily Telegraph:

Stuff dumped in the room, it was time to freshen up and head out for beers/meal with the others. Unfortunately, Josh's mate ended up getting airlifted from the boat to hospital after a drunken incident involving some stairs at about 3am! Damaged his hand pretty badly and needed 26 stitches. :shock:

The following day, the long wait till dock at Santander commenced. Eventually:

Santander in sight!

Once off the boat, we headed to the first hotel of the trip, Arganzon Plaza in Spain. Cars locked away in a car park:

View from our room:

Beers and a burger followed, with Josh munching on battered pigs ears :sick:

Next day, we headed for the mountains. Stopped off at a cafe for a brew with the friendliest bar tender in the world :roll:

On the way to Col D'aubisque, we passed a great scenic spot with teal lake and got some pics:

The next stop was Le Picors hotel in Aucun. Obligataory view from the room:

And a pic of the valley the hotel is situated in:

After a Stein, chat, meal and games of pool, we called it a night....

Next morning was Luz Ardiden and Col du Tormalet. The weather was awful. Wet, raining and misty. This is the view from a usually scenic car park at the top of Luz Ardiden:

No coolant/overheating issues this year. highest temps recorded on the trip was

Water - 86 degrees C
Oil - 102 degrees C

The car felt so planted in the mountains, even in the wet. Had a few tail slides through the 180 degree switchbacks in the wet, which was fun :mrgreen:

After lots more mountain hoonage, we stopped off at our 3rd hotel. This was the Stimotel in Agen. Nice hotel, however, no choice of food, just a set menu. :lol:

The following morning saw us en route to Houx campsite at Le mans. Tent pitched, then off to the Super U for beers and burgers!

Not a massive fan of camping, but there were plenty of laughs. The race was fantastic. Such a shame for the leading Toyota that just cut out at the start of the last lap. :cry:

After the race, it was en route to Cherbourg. We stopped off for an amazing pizza on the way. =P~

Ferry boarded, docked at Portsmouth, and on the way home at approx 1930. Got home at 12:15am and cracked open a desperados :lol:

My 22 year old MR2 Turbo has served me well! This is what a black MR2 looks like after a 1650 mile round trip in a mix of sunny dry days and torrential down pours:

She'll be getting a good clean this weekend!

Unfortunately though, this will be my last time on this trip. 4 years in a row now, and the novelty factor has started to fade. Great trip though. :thumleft:
Last edited by craig on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Jealous of your trip!

Looks great.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Last edited by ashley on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Member Profiles”