Mr2 Rev 3

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Re: Mr2 Rev 3

Post by craig »

Wheels look great, nice choice! Not sure on the crackle black paint on the strut brace though, just looks like it's been painted black and had a reaction.

If you're happy though, then all good. :thumleft:
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

I have to agree with redmr2, I would have probably just done the end plates.. but it's your car and as long as you're enjoying it then that's cool..

looking forward to further updates..
david123

Post by david123 »

simba90 wrote:Wheels look good mate. Hope you like them :thumleft:

Thanks Josh, I love them mate. Was surprised how light they were!

RedMR² wrote:Wheels look great, nice choice! Not sure on the crackle black paint on the strut brace though, just looks like it's been painted black and had a reaction.

If you're happy though, then all good. :thumleft:

Rob85 wrote:I have to agree with redmr2, I would have probably just done the end plates.. but it's your car and as long as you're enjoying it then that's cool..

looking forward to further updates..

Thanks guys, different strokes for different folks. I kind of agree'd at first i was like hmm, but fitted i think it looks spot on, and fits in with my plans.

Again not a massive update but steadily getting there, sorting all the niggly bits before my quest for more power.

with my car being a daily driver it aslways lacked one thing which you often take for granted. so this happened.

Another photo taken with a potato. It works a treat!

Car will need another oil change soon so treated myself to

david123

Post by david123 »

Long over due update.

Haven't done a great deal Apart from general maintenance like fluid changes and cleaning.

First new item since last time is that i recently bought a buddy club exhaust, i only bought it to get my depature off to give it a once over but I've fell in love with the sound :evil:

Tried to fit it on the drive with axle stands and jacks but was way too much of a hassle, so i stuffed it in the car and off i went to my friend garage to use the ramps. Made for a much easier job.

1 hour later and tea and biscuits i was back at home.

The end product.

Next on the list, this arrived :) all black personal steering wheel and PCD adaptor. Its much thinner to hold but feels a lot classier than any other steering wheel I've had. And i have momo race, momo team, momo millennium, I've had omp corsicas but never tried a nardi or personal but they seem to be worth the extra money. For now anyway.

Next on the list was seats. I had planned to go back to recaro pole positions s that whats ive had in the past and they were exactly what i wanted. Comfy but at the same time hold you when you need it. These came up at a decent price and were local so went to have a look and bought them lol. Time to get rid the standard pews.

Out they came.

and fitted these.

So the interior a much nicer place to be now. Feels more homely, going to look into buying the black t bar interior roof items.

And finally just some random photos from the weekends blast about.

Few more bits and bobs to come in the next few weeks. Tyres, allignment and general tidying/maintenace.

Then perhaps more power???
Donato

Post by Donato »

That Personal wheel and the Recaros set it of really nice!
david123

Post by david123 »

Few minor updates this time around.

As most mr2 owners know the mat slips and slides about, i tried the original version of the mat clip but to no avail, ordered and fitted the new clip and the mat no longer tries to run away.

Next i fitted some LED bulbs in place of the oem number plate lights. Makes quite a bit of difference at night but I'm not sure if i like it, perhaps it looks a bit too modern!? Excuse the sticky stuff on the plate, ordered new plates just waiting for them to arrive.

Next on the list was a data systems turbo timer. To be honest with the turbo timer that i had in the past its a bit gimmicky but with this one the button fits just like an oem switch. I wont use it buts its there haha.

One thing that bugged me is when i took the cd player out to fit the cup holders, the wires and cables were all a mess, some of them weren't plugged in and loose etc. traced the cables back to under the passenger seat. Don't really know what I've removed to be honest. But a.) it wasn't plugged in and everything works fine. And b.) i get the satisfaction of putting this crap in the bin

There was another box underneath the seat, maybe read nav? Im not sure i didn't remove it a friend did.

Anyone know what they were out of curiosity?

For the sake of buying oem equipment i turned my boot from this

Into

And just for good measures a cheeky photo of the recaros, i think they look and feel great

Currently undergoing a career change which means i'll be working away more but that also means i can treat myself more. So bigger turbo is defiantly on the cards. Going to collect all the parts required and fit them all over the winter.

Hoping to make a car show this year too so might see some of you there.
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Those Recaros look beautiful David :thumleft:
F9_adm

Post by F9_adm »

david123 wrote:Well after reading a few horror stories about the foam in the sills I decided to remove mine.

Quickly whipped the trims off and reached in to pull them out, about as easy as your going to get.

Luckily for me they were bone dry and looks like they have been forever, result :D

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/davidflow89/4EDB8EF8-B8D0-4C07-96FD-ECAE6F840A32.jpg[/

Whilst the trim pieces were off I quickly stuck some Dynamat on that i had lying over form a previous project, I know that is meant to go on the opposite side of the speaker but I'm not trying to create any improvement in sound quality I'm basically trying to eliminate some of the rattles :idea: I know quite a lot of people go the opposite way by removing excess weight etc but the sound deadening that i have added weighs no more than 1-2kg at the most. And is quite easily reversible.

[URL=http://s876.photobucket.com/user/davidflow89/media/378D9EDC-217D-4EDF-861D-B00C0E83D41B.jpg.html]Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/davidflow89/378D9EDC-217D-4EDF-861D-B00C0E83D41B.jpg
[/URL]

Also while the panels were off i noticed that i had pioneer speakers, That normal?

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/davidflow89/BDEB0D12-FB3C-4F57-97C1-E2B314A61AA3.jpg[/URL]

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/davidflow89/F749D398-84AC-4F73-BDD5-B00483A3772E_1.jpg[/URL]

Next thing on the list to do is engine oil and gearbox oil change

Where are the foam inserts found in the cars please,
david123

Post by david123 »

Behind the seats there are two speaker panels one on each side. If you pull these off, on the drivers side you need to undo the screw for the bonnet open lever and the whole thing should pull off, once they are off you need to put your hand in the hole and aim towards the back of the car (aim to reach for the back wheel kinda) and the foam inserts are or should be in there.
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Hi David,

Some nice updates there! Love the seats.

Keep up the good work.

Craig
F9_adm

Post by F9_adm »

david123 wrote:Behind the seats there are two speaker panels one on each side. If you pull these off, on the drivers side you need to undo the screw for the bonnet open lever and the whole thing should pull off, once they are off you need to put your hand in the hole and aim towards the back of the car (aim to reach for the back wheel kinda) and the foam inserts are or should be in there.

Thanks

Return to “Member Profiles”