Rev3 tubby project (car mapped ready for summer )

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GeorgeL

Re: Rev3 tubby project (car mapped ready for summer )

Post by GeorgeL »

Nice one buddy... was gutted i missed you on sunday. Would have been good to get some mr2 chat lol!

Its gonna be great :)
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

glen n wrote:Had the tein springs fitted,sits lower than I had expected!

It looks great :thumleft:
glen n

Post by glen n »

Yeah can't wait Julian,that's my Xmas pressie to myself,having all the new bits fitted at peters.

Sorry I couldn't get up earlier george,work was a nightmare on Sunday. Had a blether with your dad for a bit. Once the car is sorted out I'll drop by if your up home.
glen n

Post by glen n »

That's all of the parts sorted out for my trip to sbits next week,just ordered angel silicone hoses from sfs,elbow from turbo,45 degree from that to intake pipe and turbo to hot pipe reducer. They will match my existing intercooler hoses so should look quite smart. I sent the fuel pressure regulator down to peter and he has already been sorting out fuel lines for me to make things run a bit smoother when doing the work since it's over the holidays.

I'm looking forward to the drive back to Glasgow with the new parts fitted :D
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

glen n wrote:That's all of the parts sorted out for my trip to sbits next week,just ordered angel silicone hoses from sfs,elbow from turbo,45 degree from that to intake pipe and turbo to hot pipe reducer. They will match my existing intercooler hoses so should look quite smart. I sent the fuel pressure regulator down to peter and he has already been sorting out fuel lines for me to make things run a bit smoother when doing the work since it's over the holidays.

I'm looking forward to the drive back to Glasgow with the new parts fitted :D

are you getting it mapped while down there?? i know you said you weren't , just wondered if your plans had changed
:-k
glen n

Post by glen n »

I'll wait until I've had the car home and fitted the water meth and probably swapped the radiator and coolant hoses. I'll get 2 new rear tyres and geometry done,front trd anti roll bar will be on by then also. I'll probably head down before my MOT is due in February. As long as it's all finished for the highland drive in April all be happy. The other thing is I'll need money for mapping,I've spent quite a bit lately!
glen n

Post by glen n »

I arrived home from sbits late last night after 2 long days down there,Peter had to work on late due to my exhaust not lining up with the down pipe due to the new flexi being slightly squint.

So that's the ats td06 turbo kit fitted,sard injectors,sard fuel pressure regulator,walbro fuel pump to replace......oh yeah the existing walbro pump I never knew about!!! Peter made me up some nice new fuel lines,kl racing intake pipe and nice big k&n filter,had a shift bearing kit fitted(makes a huge difference) various red silicone hoses. Peter also sorted out some terrible looking wiring which has tidied things up.

I just need a map on the car now,it's just running wastegate pressure just now to keep things safe
glen n

Post by glen n »

I've been bored over the holidays and work is quiet just now so I've been doing some tidying up on the car. I've removed the cam cover for painting,I've painted a rev3 hot pipe to replace the rev1 pipe I've been using. I painted the bracket for the trc and the bracket for the catch can. Appart from that it's just been cleaning around the engine bay really.
glen n

Post by glen n »

After my trip to peters I wanted to make a start on the engine bay as it looked a mess. I stole a black heatsheild from jullian(sorry dude!) and painter the cam cover,hit pipe,one intercooler pipe so far,trc bracket which I've not fitted. Replaced a few hoses and generally just cleaned.

Some new coolant hoses next and a tidy up at the intake. I'm getting an intake manifold and trc tb for powder coating also.

Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Bloody Hell Glen!

You've been busy! Looks great!
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

That looks great matey :thumleft:

Looks so much better, bet your itching to open her up and have some boost :twisted:

You now need a Deathstar decal turbo engine lid/rain tray \:D/

Chris_9011 wrote:Got my turbo engine lid and rain tray delivered around a month ago with the intention of completing a design on the rain tray like the one that was on the rev5...

...so may I introduce you to the 'Red Death Star Rising' artwork:

...and I had to find a little place for my much used, and loved, Rebel Alliance symbol:
glen n

Post by glen n »

Cheers peter,it's looking a bit better now! I traced that black cable that was tangled around things in the engine bay,it's the cable for the apexi commander! I'll be in touch about the water housings,I'm going to collect some parts for powder coating over the next few weeks
glen n

Post by glen n »

Cheers Jullian!

I wouldn't know where to start with one of those rain trays,it looks amazing though! I think there's a guy up here who will do air brush art on your car though so that could be an option. Did you get a price for chrome heatsheilds?
craig

Post by craig »

Nice work there fella, engine looks good. :D
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

So that's where the powder coated heat shield went :lol:

The engine bay looks nice and tidy :thumleft:

I have an inlet manifold that was powder coated black at the same time as those heat shields if you're interested?
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

glen n wrote:walbro fuel pump to replace......oh yeah the existing walbro pump I never knew about!!!

#-o Don't you just hate 'nice' surprises!! At least you'll have one ready for a dual walbro setup when you get bored with 400HP....
January 2014

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
craig

Post by craig »

Shmed wrote:
glen n wrote:walbro fuel pump to replace......oh yeah the existing walbro pump I never knew about!!!

#-o Don't you just hate 'nice' surprises!! At least you'll have one ready for a dual walbro setup when you get bored with 400HP....

No he won't because it's now in my fuel tank. :twisted:
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

God, this is getting almost incestuous!
January 2014

May 2015

Still in the garage...
craig

Post by craig »

:lol: :lol:
Chris_9011

Post by Chris_9011 »

glen n wrote:I wouldn't know where to start with one of those rain trays,it looks amazing though!

That was mine, it was quite easy to do actually... just a lot of patience is required with the vinyl wrap to mask off the design and spray away...

I've done 3 now:
my old Rev 5:

my old Rev 3:

and the current TRD:

If you wanted a design completed I'd be more than happy to do it for you Glen... distance may be a problem, but then I doubt it'd cost much to post out a rain tray, they're pretty light

Return to “Member Profiles”