Cosmos Blue Beams PG11 - For Sale...?

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

synXero

Re: Cosmos Blue Beams PG11 - For Sale...?

Post by synXero »

They're beasts haha. Had 245s before on my old 2, maybe three years ago... So good!

I really rate T1Rs, and they're quite cheap, but I'm juggling Goodyear Excellence, Yoko Parada Spec 2s (integra guys really rate these), or Bridgestone RE050As. I fancy Bridgestone all round but they're spensiv.

edit.
Went with the Bridgestones. I figure it might be advantageous to have the same brand on all four corners... Probably codswallop :lol: :lol:
synXero

Post by synXero »

Almost there!

Decided I didn't fancy the Potenza S02s 245/35/17 when I saw em. I have decided to go Michelin on the rears; Pilot Sports, in 245/40/17, a much more common size, and a touch more sidewall! Think they'll be good. 245/35s up for grabs if you want them! :D

Couldn't wait, so I've rather hastily fitted the fronts (7.5J, 215/40/17) on the back and still have the standard rev5 fronts (6J, 205/50/15). It's not ideal but it looks amazing :lol:

===

BBK

Been talking to gazrev1tubby about plans for a BBK conversion. I will be using his adapters to fit 300ZX calipers front, hopefully the aluminium ones rather than the iron ones, and his adapters to space out the rear calipers to fit 325mm RX8 discs.

My thoughts are:

Up front I will be replacing the calipers with 300ZX alloy 4-pot put-your-face-through-the-windscreen calipers:
(painted gold again, probably)

These will be matched to DBA 5000 series UK Supra Twin Turbo rotors

325mm :thumbleft:

On the rears, retaining the stock caliper, spaced out using gaz's 6061 aluminium brackets, and mated to Stoptech Mazda RX8 front rotors

323mm :thumbleft:

Hey, I have to challenge these new tyres with something, right? :D
Last edited by synXero on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

them rp01's are sexy as fook mate :P i want :(
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

miss my old rp01s now :-k , but happy with the d1s

im trying to find decent tyres in 235/40/17 at min - not liking any of choices im finding - cant find t1r's in those dimensions anywhere :cry:
synXero

Post by synXero »

There's a lot better out there than T1R! I have had them for a few years and enjoy the ride on em, but maybe try out bridgestone and Michelin. Serious car, serious tyres.

Coming soon - celica leather seats! Bbk longer term...
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

synXero wrote:There's a lot better out there than T1R! I have had them for a few years and enjoy the ride on em, but maybe try out bridgestone and Michelin. Serious car, serious tyres.

i have a garage queen thats lucky to see 1k miles during summer :lol:
seen some nexen n6000 cheap seem to get ok reviews
synXero

Post by synXero »

Nexen are trash as far as I was aware! I thought they were nankang level dangerous?
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

:lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

synXero wrote:Nexen are trash as far as I was aware! I thought they were nankang level dangerous?

I have photos of my old car which demonstrate how good Nexens are in the wet... :pale:
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

Magic Beans wrote:
synXero wrote:Nexen are trash as far as I was aware! I thought they were nankang level dangerous?

I have photos of my old car which demonstrate how good Nexens are in the wet... :pale:

taken heed :-$
synXero

Post by synXero »

Magic Beans wrote:

Price of tyre generally good indication of how likely you are to stack an MR2 when wearing them :lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

They were new on the car when I bought it and were the next thing to replace. #-o

Worked out in the end I guess, after a few digits went from my bank balance :eye:
synXero

Post by synXero »

Drool. These are literally the comfiest seats I've ever had in a MK2, and I've had... 5 different seats in a MK2 now? :lol: Such excellent padding, really comfy, with great side bolster bits that hug like my old Recaros. But the head rest isn't designed for tiny Asian men, so supports me well @ 6' tall. Better yet the driver's side has a height adjuster meaning you can sink the seat down into its own base.

Can't wait for next weekend, and associated fettling 8) 8) 8)

Also, my new Nissan 4-pots have arrived:

The BBK work is going to take a fair bit longer, though... Maybe before December's end, as I'll probably need the brakes redone for the MOT :-k
Last edited by synXero on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashley

Post by ashley »

synXero wrote:to fit 300ZX calipers front

On the rears, retaining the stock caliper, spaced out using gaz's 6061 aluminium brackets, and mated to Stoptech Mazda RX8 front rotors

Does that effect the front / rear brake bias?
synXero

Post by synXero »

It would take a lot of calculation to accurately determine.

The principle thing though is that the discs are increased on the rear of the car as well as upping the fronts. Even if they are front heavy, the rears will still be better than stock.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Yeah makes sense mate- tempted with them nissan calipers, they look sweet :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

They are great looking bits of kit. Worth noting that R32, Z32 and S14 calipers all fit in the same way, i.e. using gazrev1tubby's brake adapter kit. I might see if I can convince him to do a GB...?

If you can stretch to R32 calipers, get them - they're alloy and lighter.

Z32 calipers are another option, and what I wanted (just not what I ended up with). There were alloy calipers available for Z32s but they're hard to find. They had reliability issues apparently.

S14 calipers are common, cheap, and functionally exactly the same as R32 and Z32 calipers. Just look a little different.

(Also, R33 calipers would fit... Brembos, even... :lol: )
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

seats look really nice mate you got the better 1's without the celica pressed in lol

i sadly never so i have celica wrote in my seats :P confuse the non knowers lol if thats even a word cant wait to see them fitted :thumleft:

look in immaculate condition too
synXero

Post by synXero »

Got my Celica seats finally modified, and then fitted last night at 8:30pm on the street, in the freezing cold!

They are a truly fantastic seat for the MK2. Best I have ever had definitely, and I've had five different styles of seat now... IMO these look brilliant; they have all the qualities of a bucket seat without any of the difficulties/annoyances. Very very pleased.
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

:thumleft:

look awesome mate welcome to the celica seat club :P

Return to “Member Profiles”