Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jack-p

Re: Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Post by jack-p »

Where did you get the trd fuel cap cover? I've been keeping my eye on ebay for one for a while now but they don't seem to come up often!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Yeah nobody wants to part with them. I tried to grab a second hand one for months but one never came up. So I trawled a few sites and mostly got the words `discontinued product` come up. So ordered from RHD Japan, they sent me an email saying they had no stock and would I wait for the product, 2 months later it finally arrived.lol.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

TRD oil cap.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AEM ECU

AEM Air filter

Balieys bov and you can just see the ct26 Hybrid there

Dusty CC :D

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I did a few things myself today, fitted new front lights, new steering wheel, front and rear number plates and TRD gearknob.

I have to say twenty two year old screws/bolts/allen bolts can be a pain in the ass! Going to replace them all and the headlight trim as that has rusted.

Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Rain wasnt helping me today! Okay think I have sorted why these pics are going sideways.. Well sorted it but still none the wiser as to why! Stupid image shack. :lol:
Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Hmm everything has gone sideways! Odd!

Well anyway, the front numberplate looks better I think, the lights are clearer and nicer than the old ones, and the rear plate now allows the exhaust to be seen better.

I have decided after all the work that has gone into the car, September I am having a full blitz of it at 3S. Going to have wide arches fitted, kit blended, full respray and any rust sorted along the way.

I also have a blitz boost controller to replace the manual one currently installed so hopefully that will help with hitting that 300bhp mark.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Tomorrow I am going to have a crack at fitting my fibre glass bonnet and scuttle panel trim so I will be rolling with a blue bonnet for a while, give me an incentive to get some hours in at work and sort this respray!lol.

That.. And what else was I going to do.. Oh yea fit the centre tunnel trim in, and bolt the fire extinguisher into the space where the cubby box used to be. Also going to need to drill that TRD petrol cap and somehow screw it tight to the plastic of the petrol cap, otherwise the fit will look pants, I dont know what anyone elses TRD caps fit was like? This is a genuine item aswel from Japan I waited a few months for it, al little disappointed that it needs a bit of messing around with.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Right. Car will be SORN as of next Saturday 11/08/12. Going to be all about sorting niggles and cosmetic enhancements for the rest of the year now, get it back on the road for next summer, then garaged again for the start of winter 2013 and will be going for all out power, hopefully 400bhp mark with a forged build.

This car will be overhauled over the coming months with wide arches and a full respray. Watch this space.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Replaced my worn heater control unit with a better one. Added some good dash plastics and wired my stereo in correctly yesterday which has rid the speakers of feedback/whine. Also added a new gear gaitor. Just waiting on my din blank and some new door pull plastics and the interior will be ready for a good polish up.

scleary121

Post by scleary121 »

single exit exhaust is a total winner on this. great stuff
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Cheers mate. When the car has been resprayed and polished up I will get some better pictures showing it off, the blitz is a very loud exhaust on my car without the bung in but I do love the look.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Pants grainy picture, but tidied up the center caps for my Sterns and carbon wrapped the ashtray and glovebox tonight. Is there an easy way to get the glovebox out?? Those plastic prongs are a pain in the ar$e! Managed the left hand side fine, then had to use a 1p coin and a screwdriver to force the right hand side one out after I gave myself a fat blister on the tip of my index finger lol.

Got a brand new battery to fit tomorrow aswel which I hope will sort my charging issue, or if not it will at least be another potential culprit eliminated.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Battery has not sorted the drain! Something is still drawing power when the car is switched off. Was going to start pulling fuses but I wont have time now as I`m at work all week then the car gets picked up to be transported to 3S Service on Friday. So this issue will have to be sorted down there.

Going to go for something a little unique with the respray, not sure what yet, I need to get some ideas and have a chat with them. Any suggestions welcome.

Fitted the center caps after giving them a coat of laquer today, fitted the now `carbon` look ashtray and glovebox too and gave the engine bay a `gunk` out and polished up all the dash and door cards. Final thing I did today was carbon wrap the center of my steering wheel, actually looks ok inside the car again now.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Interior is looking better, I just need to sort the time clock either carbon wrap or get a replacement in black. I`m leaving all the carpets out, and having all the metal work resprayed black inside the cabin, should look minimal and smart I think with all the wires tucked away and hidden neatly.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Well, a few pics before the car went off to 3S Service.

Before the trailer came for her, I switched the bonnet over (Looks silly as it is still blue!)

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Off she goes for wide arches and a respray... Plus other goodies... Watch this space, I know Veilside and this kind of styling isnt everyones cup of tea but this should become one of the better ones with good power to match.

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

The dash looks much cleaner now :thumleft:

Which wide arch have you gone for? Same as mine? What colour have you chosen for the respray?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

The dash looks much cleaner now
Which wide arch have you gone for? Same as mine? What colour have you chosen for the respray?

Cheers mate, will be better when its sprayed up in there and I switch the clock out, maybe a new handbrake cover would be good too. Also the door pull plastics I never got round to doing yet.

What are yours mate woodsport ones, or are they Abiflug? I was going to purchase some Abiflug arches but James at 3S mentioned he has some wide arches he can use already there, not sure what make they are to be honest they might be the same.

Regards the paint it hasnt been decided yet, I need some photoshops doing and to have a think what I want really. We did talk about having gold flake in the paint but I think it will be too over the top as the bodykit already pushes what is aesthetically acceptable :lol: Maybe all red, black roof and spoiler,red bonnet with the vent sections black? I dunno! I want it to be different and everyone seems t have a black roof now, so maybe just do the whole car red..
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

i vote bayside blue :P

only because its my favorite color ever

love that bonnet too were did you get it and how much are they ?

bayside blue :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”