who do u love beating off the lights?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

matt_mr2t

Re: who do u love beating off the lights?

Post by matt_mr2t »

Tiamat wrote:
un1eash wrote:My friend swears by his Panda 100bhp, he only paid 5k for it a while back now on an 07 plate.

Theres an idea Matt, get yourself a Panda 100 mate.

And a brown paper bag with two eye holes cut in it...

Your idea is far more subtle than mine.

Or

I'd pick the latter.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

If I was forced into a small light hot hatch I would however consider a Renault Twingo RS :oops:
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Swift Sport every time :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

un1eash wrote:Swift Sport every time :thumleft:

With these sorts of cars, it comes down to looks for me, and I prefer the looks of the Twingo. And the fact judging by it's size, weight and power, it would be just like my old mk1 Clio 16v - which was a great little car to throw about.

un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Twingo really doesnt look as good in the flesh though and i'd be scared of falling asleep behind the wheel looking at that dash. Plus its not Jap.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

un1eash wrote:Twingo really doesnt look as good in the flesh though and i'd be scared of falling asleep behind the wheel looking at that dash. Plus its not Jap.

Just shows how people differ

I think it looks just as good, if not better in the flesh, certainly better than a Suzuki Swift
I prefer the interior
And it's a bonus it's not Jap in every sense other than reliability. And i've come to realise that I wouldnt sacrifice style for reliability. :thumleft:
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWmvGTu35I4

500 shouldnt of been in there as its nearly 2k more then the rest and not a sub £12k car so i declare the Swift the winner.

ps. thats just the drag race, youtube has removed the full vid where the swift comes a close second to the 500 on the handling course in the last round.
Last edited by un1eash on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Personal preference. IMO, at that level of performance, they're all gash, so I'd be picking it purely on looks.

Swift is about as interesting to look at as a potato.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Oi, there not gash. For the money you cant beat the fun factor and back on topic i annoy alot of posh car drivers in the Swift as it holds its own on straights and corners like its on rails.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Like I said, personal opinion, cars that low down the performance scale competing against each other is insignificant to me. It'd be like me racing a Citroen Xara 1.6 :lol: Pointless.

The only deciding factor, if I had to get something like that (which thankfull I dont and never will) would be looks.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:That stick is getting bigger Mr John :lol:

I reckon a Panda 100hp would go round the top gear track in about 57 seconds. Just faster than the Renault F1 car a few years ago. But I doubt it's engine could play god save the queen. #-o

Haven't tried the god save the queen thing with Pat the Panda. Hang on will report back later. ;)
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Just shows how people differ

I think it looks just as good, if not better in the flesh, certainly better than a Suzuki Swift
I prefer the interior
And it's a bonus it's not Jap in every sense other than reliability. And i've come to realise that I wouldnt sacrifice style for reliability. :thumleft:

Twingo RS is a great looking little car. Has absolutely rave reviews. Was a fair bit more than the 100hp (who's rival is the Twingo GT)though but it will be a better drive. :+:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I actually think is is a far cooler/funkier place to be than a swift

Funny enough, I said earlier it reminds me a lot of my old Clio. Check out the ridiculous angle for the head unit :lol:
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

Externally I think the latest sporty Renault range looks great although I am a fan of the R26 and not so keen on the new shape Megane.

However, I hate the interior and always have done. The colour display, dash and stereo are awful.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Amelio wrote:Externally I think the latest sporty Renault range looks great although I am a fan of the R26 and not so keen on the new shape Megane.

However, I hate the interior and always have done. The colour display, dash and stereo are awful.

Have you seen a Megane 250 in the flesh? Love the flared arches and central exit exhaust.
aw11rally

FWD European cack

Post by aw11rally »

You do know that all these European suicide boxes are FWD don't you!?!

On day 8 of Genesis when God (do I need a capital letter there or not?) put the Ford model T on earth it was RWD for a reason. Simply because that is the way cars should be. I am sure this greek isigonad fella was in league with the devil.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: FWD European cack

Post by Lauren »

aw11rally wrote:You do know that all these European suicide boxes are FWD don't you!?!

On day 8 of Genesis when God (do I need a capital letter there or not?) put the Ford model T on earth it was RWD for a reason. Simply because that is the way cars should be. I am sure this greek isigonad fella was in league with the devil.

Don't be daft enough to be a RWD stalwart. I used to be, but honestly a good chassis, is a good chassis no matter what wheels are driven.

I've had quite a few RWD cars, but the best handling car and the most fun car to drive I've ever had was the DC2. That was FWD, how can that be?

I'd take a cracking FWD chassis over a good RWD anyday.
Rubber Chicken

Post by Rubber Chicken »

Lauren wrote:I'd take a cracking FWD chassis over a good RWD anyday.

=;
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Rubber Chicken wrote:

=;

A cracking FWD chassis is better than a merely good RWD chassis. Stands to reason really. All being equal I'd love a RWD car, but there is very limited choice thesedays.
cogboy

Post by cogboy »

Do you spend long enough away from this forum to actually drive anything? 29000+ posts in five & half years works out at roughly 14.25 posts a day. Every day. Including weekends and Bank Holidays. You must be fun to be around.

Return to “Driving Experiences”