MR2 dyno results comparison website! *Surrey rolling road only*

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

Re: MR2 dyno results comparison website! *Surrey rolling road only*

Post by mr2nut123 »

jimGTS wrote:mr2nut123 graph plotted!

Cheers Jim. Looks great.....until after 6k :wink:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Could you add mine please Jim? Cheers.

Stock rev3 turbo engine, ct20b, st205 cc, bolt ons, stock ecu, 1.1 bar.

Last edited by Moo on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

You can update mine too Jim if you like :thumleft:

Same spec as before but running on a stock GT4 ECU (the black line on the graph).

IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Moo wrote:Could you add mine please Jim? Cheers.

Stock rev3 turbo engine, ct20b, st205 cc, bolt ons, stock ecu, 1.1 bar.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j93/M ... C00038.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j93/M ... C00039.jpg

Hey Moo, didn't your car make almost exactly these flywheel figures at similar boost on a Dastek a few years back? If I recall correctly you made around 275whp/313FWHP on the Dastek.

For comparison purposes can you tell us your WHP reading on the Dyno Dynamics? Cheers :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Wow you have a good memory :shock:

Yes I did make the same figures on that Dastek, IIRC running the same boost.

Here's my WHP printout from SRR.

Will_bmx

Post by Will_bmx »

my god this is helpfull! just been having a look at the comparison table and it gives me a good idea at what power figures I should be looking at in the summer :)
last time I had it dynod (at weston performance so not SRR) it was 257 with nothing but a cat back rsr. once i've fitted the decat to the new buddy club spec 2 and got an electronic boost controller (and intercooler if charge temps appear too high) I should be hitting baout 300 with 1.2 bar. if not more :)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Ok folks.
Give me a few days to update these

please give me a good spec, engine, rev etc etc, turbo, boost, ems etc etcif you haven't alreay.

Moo, nice results.
Kinda shows the results you've had from dastek now, as well as tdi show that they overread to an extend in terms of whp!!! and if anything, am
sure you'll agree your car now in it's present spec is the best it's ever been, and on a dd dyno, just showing 266atw. Which is sweet for stock turbo/ecu.
But not 300atw like I said it wouldn't be even tho you nearly had 300atw on a hub dyno!! Lol
certainly an eye opener in comparison!!!

I'll get all the results on as soon as I can.

Jim
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

I think Moo's results show that the claims the Dastek vastly over read WHP figures in comparison to the Dyno Dynamics are a little exaggerated. A difference of just 8 to 9 WHP between them at the 300BHP level.

This is quite similar to what I experienced when I compared my Dastek WHP numbers to my Dyno Dynamics WHP figures back when I was mapping my TD06.

Both dyno's WHP readings came in very close to the sort of numbers I was getting on my Blitz power ID and G-tech once BHP from aero loss was taken into account which is what made me suspect that there might not be such a large difference in WHP readings between the 2 dyno's as was claimed.

Interesting to see it quantified on a car with the same mods and boost though - thanks for the comparison moo :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

I don't disagree, lol, however from what moo has experienced, am pretty sure his butt dyno says there is a difference from when that first dyno was
done (year plus ago) and dd. Better cc pump, rad and all.
So is probably more of a difference if anything.
But who knows.

Anyway, I'll try and get these all uploaded soon.
Kang, you want your results up there?
You dynoed at srr to right??? Unless I'm going mad and there up there already?
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

jimGTS wrote:I don't disagree, lol, however from what moo has experienced, am pretty sure his butt dyno says there is a difference from when that first dyno was
But who knows.

Cheers for the offer Jim but my car was dynoed at RS tuning so I don't know if you'll allow mine up there - although it was done in the appropriate shootout 4F mode. But if you're up for it here's my self tuned TD06 with cams, upgraded intake manifold and methanol injection:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6770/1fwhpfwtq.jpg

The last 4 runs were all at the same boost controller setting but with minor adjustments to fueling after each run. Peak boost was 21.2psi on the final and most powerful run (that's the red coloured line although you may find the 417BHP run denoted by the light green line easier to trace on the scan). The 3 runs prior to this were all at 21.1psi peak boost - ie. the 417, 412 and 411BHP runs.

Regarding the differences between the Dastek and DD. As mentioned earlier I didn't see much difference when comparing the WHP numbers between the 2 dynos. I recall making a mental note that the Dastek was higher by about 10WHP at the 320 to 330WHP level.

I worked this out by comparing to the numbers I was seeing on my Blitz power ID which is very consistent when you know the exact weight of your car at a particular fuel load. Incidentally this is how I measure changes in power when I map my car on the road as my own butt dyno can be unreliable, lol.

What I did find was that the Dastek dyno seemed to give me higher peak boost figures than I achieved on the road on the same boost controller setting whereas the DD dyno gave me lower peak boost figures than on the road when run in shootout mode. This probably means the Dastek that I used applied more load on its dyno runs than the DD in shootout mode. Some geeky dyno trivia there for you :lol:

(PS - sorry for going a little off topic)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Kongaroo wrote:
jimGTS wrote:I don't disagree, lol, however from what moo has experienced, am pretty sure his butt dyno says there is a difference from when that first dyno was
But who knows.

Cheers for the offer Jim but my car was dynoed at RS tuning so I don't know if you'll allow mine up there - although it was done in the appropriate shootout 4F mode. But if you're up for it here's my self tuned TD06 with cams, upgraded intake manifold and methanol injection:

http://url150.imageshack.us/url150/6770/1fwhpfwtq.jpg

The last 4 runs were all at the same boost controller setting but with minor adjustments to fueling after each run. Peak boost was 21.2psi on the final and most powerful run (that's the red coloured line although you may find the 417BHP run denoted by the light green line easier to trace on the scan). The 3 runs prior to this were all at 21.1psi peak boost - ie. the 417, 412 and 411BHP runs.

Regarding the differences between the Dastek and DD. As mentioned earlier I didn't see much difference when comparing the WHP numbers between the 2 dynos. I recall making a mental note that the Dastek was higher by about 10WHP at the 320 to 330WHP level.

I worked this out by comparing to the numbers I was seeing on my Blitz power ID which is very consistent when you know the exact weight of your car at a particular fuel load. Incidentally this is how I measure changes in power when I map my car on the road as my own butt dyno can be unreliable, lol.

What I did find was that the Dastek dyno seemed to give me higher peak boost figures than I achieved on the road on the same boost controller setting whereas the DD dyno gave me lower peak boost figures than on the road when run in shootout mode. This probably means the Dastek that I used applied more load on its dyno runs than the DD in shootout mode. Some geeky dyno trivia there for you :lol:

(PS - sorry for going a little off topic)

Which gear were your runs done in by the way? Impressive figures :thumleft:
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

mr2nut123 wrote:Which gear were your runs done in by the way? Impressive figures :thumleft:

Cheers mate - yours looks good too :thumleft:

Mine was done in 4th like yours. The gear number is recorded in the 'shootout box' on the lower right side of the RS tuning dyno sheet.
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

heres my most recent jimbo...

Rev3 2.14L fully built bottom end, stock head, Blitz K1-380 turbo, BMIC, 1.5bar

418.1bhp 370 lbft

might have another one soon with more power on the same boost as my injectors were blocked right up with crap on that run!! (obv i didnt know till after!)
megatart

Post by megatart »

Ooh wack me on the comparisons list will you? Rev 3. 2.2 Stroker. GT3076r Turbo, Piper 264 High lift cams, PFC, 1000cc Inj, 3s C/Cooler.
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

any joy with updating yet jimbo? 8)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Yeh sorry, trying to find some decent time to do everyones in one go.
Will be done soon:-)
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Simon Hicks (SidewaysSi). 539BHP 455ftlbs.

SBITS built 2177cc stroker, GT35R, SBITS supplied cams, twin in-tank pumps, 1000cc injectors, PFC.

The lesser powered plot is same engine, but on Piper 264 cams.

Both mapped by Ryan.

Last edited by Peter Gidden on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Christ! That's a hell of a difference :shock:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

pete, what shortblock combination did you use to get 2.190L ? are you using a 5sfe block?
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

RyanRs wrote:pete, what shortblock combination did you use to get 2.190L ? are you using a 5sfe block?

It's actually 2189cc. 91mm stroke, 87.5mm in sleeved block. Post corrected.
Last edited by Peter Gidden on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”