The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Moo

Re: The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Post by Moo »

Magic Beans wrote:I've not finished stage 1 yet and already stage 2 is planning itself :lol:

Isn't that always the way :lol:

Good results with the polishing :thumleft: I should get you to do mine :wink: :lol:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Yeah the polishing looks good, gonna have to get on and do my strut braces I think...maybe my boot as well :-k
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Moo wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:I've not finished stage 1 yet and already stage 2 is planning itself :lol:

Isn't that always the way :lol:

Good results with the polishing :thumleft: I should get you to do mine :wink: :lol:

No sir, I wouldn't deprive you of that pleasure :mrgreen:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

ashman wrote:Yeah the polishing looks good, gonna have to get on and do my strut braces I think...maybe my boot as well :-k

Which bit of your boot, or the whole thing? :shock: :wink:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Unfortunately I pretty much need to do the whole thing if I do any of it...charge cooler, boost pipes, swirl pot, fuel lines, oil cooler, boot floor and side inserts #-o :lol:

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

A few more bits done. Despite Photobucket's best efforts to prevent me logging in ](*,)

Tial wastegate first. Before:

A spot of Autosol and polishing later

3076R before. Which was already in pretty damn good condition :thumleft:

Scrub scrub scrub and you get

Pretty pleased with how the turbo came out, for just an Autosol session :thumleft:

Still the Radtech core to finish though :?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

ashman wrote:Unfortunately I pretty much need to do the whole thing if I do any of it...charge cooler, boost pipes, swirl pot, fuel lines, oil cooler, boot floor and side inserts #-o :lol:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r420 ... 3/Boot.jpg

It's pretty damn good as it. Although a bit of effort and you'd get a near mirror finish, which would look awesome in there! :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Magic Beans wrote:It's pretty damn good as it. Although a bit of effort and you'd get a near mirror finish, which would look awesome in there! :thumleft:

+1. Would look epic with all that gear in your boot proper shiney but what a mission!

That turbo casing has come up lovely :thumleft: You're knocking these bits out at a fair old rate. Seems you got the shiney bug too :wink:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Moo wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:It's pretty damn good as it. Although a bit of effort and you'd get a near mirror finish, which would look awesome in there! :thumleft:

+1. Would look epic with all that gear in your boot proper shiney but what a mission!

That turbo casing has come up lovely :thumleft: You're knocking these bits out at a fair old rate. Seems you got the shiney bug too :wink:

That and a deadline looming. The pipework I'm less worried about, as it can come off afterwards. Once the CC is in I plan for it to stay there.

Booked in to see Ryan @ 2Bar on the 11th June. Bit of a drive down to Surrey though, which concerns me a little because of the differing map situation :-k
Moo

Post by Moo »

Magic Beans wrote:Bit of a drive down to Surrey though, which concerns me a little because of the differing map situation :-k

You're fitting the new stuff then driving it down for the mapping session? I'm not an expert on these things but as long as you take it steady and stay off boost I would have thought it would be ok as the new ECU was mapped for that turbo and injector setup. Somebody more knowledgeable than me will advise you accordingly on that one I'm sure :thumleft:

Just thinking, what clutch you running? Man enough to cope with the new setup I hope :wink:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

That's my theory but I'll definitely being driving all casual like, on the way there at least :wink:

There's an HKS racing clutch in there apparently. Heavy sod and no fun in traffic! It's good job I go biking to keep the leg strength up :shock:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

A bit more done. The love affair with polishing is definitely over :lol:

Induction kit ready to go

I opted to sand the CC down, as using the kit would have taken hours longer than it already did :shock:

Some polishing done and an Autosol finish. Not a mirror finish but to be honest you'll not see it, when it's buried away :-k The crap like and photo doesn't do it justice too. #-o

Before

After

The pre rad is done too, so all that's left is the pipework and some general cleaning.
Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

Looking good!! Since your taking it to 2bar tuning. You may aswell go to 2 bar ;0)
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Jasonb123 wrote:Looking good!! Since your taking it to 2bar tuning. You may aswell go to 2 bar ;0)

Haha, I'd rather not risk putting too much stress on the engine. The last thing I want to do is put all this time and effort in and it go up in smoe #-o
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

The house female is busy doing Queen related tasks, in preparation for an influx of people this afternoon. So I took this as an opportunity to get a few more bits in order, ready for the bid day later this week.

All silicon has been cleaned, clamps etc. The pipework is partially sanded, in preparation for a full on polish and shine job. Also boxed up all the various elements in a logical order, to hopefully ease installation. A few of which are:

3 Bar MAP sensor

TRD thermo

Sard 800cc injectors

I'm also toying with the idea of disassembling the Hand Commander for the PFC and incorporating it into the DIN slots somehow. Not sure if this has been done before and how easy it would be? :-k I know 100% now I'm not going to run any ICE in the Mule, as well you just can't really hear it :lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Power FC cleaned up (I couldn't help myself :lol: ) and ready for installation

TRD rad cap
andya24

Post by andya24 »

whens the mapping?
Boost goes up fuel goes down....thats the way the cookie crumbles my friend!
Moo

Post by Moo »

Looking good chap :thumleft:

You going to JAE this year? Would be good to have a nosey over your car in the flesh :)
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

andya24 wrote:whens the mapping?

Magic Beans wrote:Booked in to see Ryan @ 2Bar on the 11th June.

Keep up at the back :mrgreen:
andya24

Post by andya24 »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
andya24 wrote:whens the mapping?

Magic Beans wrote:Booked in to see Ryan @ 2Bar on the 11th June.

Keep up at the back :mrgreen:

I blame my eyesight,got some interesting jobs for you,il give you a bell this week
Boost goes up fuel goes down....thats the way the cookie crumbles my friend!

Return to “Member Profiles”