FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

C35Rob

Re: FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Post by C35Rob »

EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Just had a look Gazza, they seem quite expensive compared to others, more than double the likes of driftworks etc for similar ones 8-[

Rob I've contacted wheelflip and sent them my spec a couple of days ago after a couple of back and forth messages, still no reply :-k
The work equips are 32bolt not 36, at least the version I have.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Those wheels look so much better, personally I would polish the whole wheel, would look mint 8-[
The turbo lag isn't much fun though, I have had an mr2 in the past with lag as bad if not worse than that, hated it for a road car :(

Can you not play with the start duty at all ? , on the boost controller I have now it is my 2nd favourite thing, being able to raise the boost obviously being the first :wink:

Hopefully the power available after it kicks in will be worth it though :eye:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Martin F wrote:Those wheels look so much better, personally I would polish the whole wheel, would look mint 8-[
The turbo lag isn't much fun though, I have had an mr2 in the past with lag as bad if not worse than that, hated it for a road car :(

Can you not play with the start duty at all ? , on the boost controller I have now it is my 2nd favourite thing, being able to raise the boost obviously being the first :wink:

Hopefully the power available after it kicks in will be worth it though :eye:

I'm contemplating polishing them, they do look good in the silver too and I have a couple of other ideas so time will tell.. First thing is rears need widened :eye:

Once it's in for mapping I'll look at how soon we can bring it in but I'm not too bothered, even at wastegate pressure it gives you whiplash when boost kicks in and still destroys most things on the road so once it's mapped I'm sure it will be a lot more fun than it already is :lol:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Took the car to it's first Car show today, also a first for me taking my own car :lol:
Unfortunately only managed to wash and polish it but still looked half decent and the engine bay drew a bit of attention :eye:
Here are some pics:

Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Congraz on your Work Equips, i have some too

I have to put 5mm spacers on the front to clear the calipers

Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Odin_S wrote:Congraz on your Work Equips, i have some too

I have to put 5mm spacers on the front to clear the calipers

Thanks dude, I really like the polished look, it's one of my current choices to choose from :thumleft:
Did you replace the bolts or did you clean them up?
PS. That do luck kit is sweet :lol:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

I cleaned them up. Did the same with the Enkei a few weeks ago. All depends how bad yours are.

If you buy new notes ones it ain't so bad but make sure they are stainless or titanium because of salt on the road.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

They just look rusty but not in a bad way, was told by my powder coaters to stick them in some Diet Coke to remove rust then polish them :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Car went in for mapping today, will post results shortly, here are a couple of pics and some videos on the hub dyno :lol:

Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Here's 1 video at 1.15bar boost, struggling to get more uploaded:

Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

And this was the result at the hubs, and at a very safe, reliable, moderate 1.65bar, on pump fuel :lol:

Time to enjoy the hard work :mrgreen:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Nice- about 500hp- that must feel rapid
:thumleft:

Looks like the turbo is only just coming on song- more revs and more boost needed.... :eye:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Hory Sheet! That must fly
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Takes a few revs to get going but builds power pretty quick when it does. It is just getting on song and it's off, I would have tried for an 8k rev limit at least....
Saying that, I can see huge potential ahead, 2 bar boost and sort the revs out and the car will be a beast :mrgreen:

Great start figures though so enjoy the rest of the summer, look forward to seeing how this car pans out, well done Munir :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

It's bloody insane!! :twisted:

The revs aren't limited, Chris had pulled ignition, it's a very safe map to make it as reliable as possible as a road car, 60% boost, 99octane with no additives..
There is definitely scope for so much more which is great to know, gives me food for thought over winter but I'm really happy now and Defo going to enjoy a few days of it before it comes off the road \:D/
Still a few more changes to make but nothing to do with power :eye:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Gullzter wrote:It's bloody insane!! :twisted:

The revs aren't limited, Chris had pulled ignition, it's a very safe map to make it as reliable as possible as a road car, 60% boost, 99octane with no additives..
There is definitely scope for so much more which is great to know, gives me food for thought over winter but I'm really happy now and Defo going to enjoy a few days of it before it comes off the road \:D/
Still a few more changes to make but nothing to do with power :eye:

Sorry, I just presumed a low rev cut off. Why did he not push it to see what he could have got as it isn't super high boost unless something was nearing it's limits :-k
So in reality you could have had a way higher bhp figure for 1.65 boost, Awesome either way :mrgreen:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Was it starting to knock? Why would he retard ignition so drastically instead of just turning the boost down...looks like he's killed the torque just as it's starting to come on song, assuming it is purely ignition that is causing the rapid drop in torque after 6.3 - 6.4k rpm. Have you got an EGT sensor on it?

But it is just a dyno plot- the real proof is in the driving, and as long as your enjoying it that's all that matters: must feel like a rocket looking at the gradient of that torque plot!! :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

ashley wrote:must feel like a rocket looking at the gradient of that torque plot!! :thumleft:

Agree Totally, sometimes I accelerate with my boost controller off because it has a similar dyno plot but with a sticky actuator, means I am seeing a point of just 330 bhp at the wheels but it just builds up to that peak rather than getting there at 5k and holding it all the way through, it's nowhere near as fast as my final boost setting but feels much more exhilarating , if you know what I mean..... ;)

Still can't get over how much you bought this car for :shock: where was it advertised just out of interest ?

Return to “Member Profiles”