gran turismo

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nails

Re: gran turismo

Post by Nails »

Had a go off this in hmv the other day, as a previous lover of the other GT's bar prologue I was disapinted, granted only had a few goes on the ralling courses with a lancia intergrale, graphics ok, car bounces off nothing if you stray more than a few metres from the track? surely they could of programmed a little bit extra to slide into rather than just stopping dead with nothing visable, even a sodding fence would be better. Felt really slow and understeery.
fizz

Post by fizz »

Has to be said the rallying aspect is not all that great.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

fizz wrote:Has to be said the rallying aspect is not all that great.

Which is a shame, cos I really liked the rally on GT3.

That's 9 years progress for you :whistle:
fizz

Post by fizz »

Ain't that the truth johnny!

Nails- you have to turn all the aids off in rally otherwise you ain't going anywhere faster than a snails pace. Any slipping and the tc and anti skid cut the gas and puts the brakes on.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Interesting thread about how to take extremely detailed interior shots of the cars. The detail is just staggering:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=143323

For example:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

The FT-86 interior is stunning in game.
Mind you, Toyota are playing catch-up to the Honda Civic.

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Can I just say how much I hate the Veyron. It's horrible. :-:

That feels better. :+:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Stop being polite and holding back :)

Then buy the Z06 premium vette, race mod it then do everything to the engine to get it over 800bhp, that's wicked.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mmc.

Have the Toyota Minolta race car now, so hopefully no need for the Corvette.

Also have the Zonda R (through B-Spec), though that is not quite on the pace for the All Stars race.
fizz

Post by fizz »

The Minolta is all you need. Once i got that, the races were a doddle.

Although even the mighty Minolta struggles with some races and you have to splash the cash and get the Formula GT car for 4.9M or whatever it costs.

Ive now over 175 cars in my garage now. I will also repeat that everyone must buy the Tommy Kira ZZII in the used section and get it modified as it goes like stink and handles amazing! Also looks the part too.

Andy - God only knows how you golded the new set of seasonal races as there is no method i have found to get even remotely close to the RX7!!!

The Focus one i can see doing if i spend enough time on it now i have the right setup.

Anyhow consentrating on getting gold on all the licences now. As Andy knows ive done the first 4 all gold and am now on the next set although those tests are about twice as long in length and as such will take a lot longer to perfect!

Funny as it sounds, one of the hardest tests i did was the Aston DB9 straight line braking test! ](*,) Took me bloody ages to do it.

Also the BMW 1 series Schumacer S was a PITA! :evil:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

You can borrow my bathurst Rex if you wanna try with mine, that's a tough one, get 2nd spot on lap 8 then last 2 laps is hunting down the skyline in top spot who's times drop off slightly due to traffic, I only just crept past that on last corner. Only use abs 1 as an aid but had to turn on skid force for the focus and Rex in bonus races 2, tried and tried again after I golded and impossible without, with it off best I can do is 1.5 seconds off the focus and 6 seconds off the rex :(

I gave up along time ago on the 1 series Schumacher test .008 off gold, also found the pug gti test on the first license rediculously tough.

On another note I couldn't do the gone like the wind series in the minolta but managed it in the race vette but was a bloody challenge.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
fizz

Post by fizz »

To be honest i cant be bothered wasting any more time on the Rex one and im sure your car will be identicle to mine bar an ironing table! :lol:

That Schumacher one i realised that i was going too fast in the first corner after about 40 min of trying to beat my ghost as i would restart each time he beat me to the second corner when i actually thought sod it and continued and due to the line i took i got past him by the time i got to the line to my great surprise and relief!

Also the cone tests are a pain to complete.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I did the 'Like the Wind' races with the Bugatti for the Daytona infield circuit which was an absolute nightmare as though the Bugatti murdered everything on the straights, it has so much power that touching the throttle mid corner on that horrible tight twisty track made it very difficult to keep it in line.

Did it in the end but it took Mark losing the plot after about ten attempts and me another five attempts or so. Mark won the Oval circuit one fairly easily in the Zonda R after a few goes as the Bugatti was just useless at cornering.

I look forward to trying the Minolta and getting that All Star Championship done.
fizz

Post by fizz »

looks like they realised that the last set of seasonal races were rock solid so they have now put up a new set which are easy as pie!

Did all of them on the first attempt and normally got in first place by the 2/3rd lap out of 5. No restrictions on tuning or tyres but you cant use race spec cars.

Done 2 endurance races and am on my 3rd one now. i do aoout 30-50% at a time then go back to it and finish it a couple of hours later.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Ooh ta for that, will have a look at the latest seasonal races. :+:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Just did the bonus race 3 lot. Surprisingly easy. Just put on soft race slicks and off you go. Money and experience points make it well worth doing.

I did mess up on the first one I did though. I bought an Elise 111R and race modded it, which meant I then couldn't enter the race! So I bought another, stuck soft slicks on, but no other mods and won it easily. :+:
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

I managed 2nd with rx7 on seasonal with restrictions but now they lifted all restictions I might have another go
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

adam_ep82 wrote:I managed 2nd with rx7 on seasonal with restrictions but now they lifted all restictions I might have another go

Ahh, are the restrictions lifted on the bonus race 2 stuff?

We made 3.5million credits last night doing the bonus race 3 lot and a few other things in Extreme Series. Our most productive night ever in regard to credits.
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

Ye all of them I've made loads bought a gt40 tuned it to the max made my money bk and some bought the c4 rally car with winnings did a race and made my money back plus some more I'm going buy all cars for seasonal 2 and 3 and do them all this week before there gone :)
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

whats everyone fave car in the game so far? Screenshots if you can :)

Return to “Games Consoles”