are all evo drivers big heads

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: are all evo drivers big heads

Post by Lauren »

marc in blackpool wrote:is this the end of aidy :-k

Lets hope not, he'll be back.

Aidy= :+: /Swoon.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Curse the drunken sausage fingers of troll..... edit / quote?!? I get confused!!!

Though I kinda like quoting myself....gives me a warm, thingly self important feeling! My mistake...my hot water bottle is leaking.

:mrgreen:

See below kids......
Last edited by Gersen on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Why thank you - I grew it myself you know
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Gersen wrote:
Lauren wrote:
Lets hope not, he'll be back.

Aidy= :+: /Swoon.

Aidy's pulled! Please tell me it wasn't the banana coloured park bench masquerading as a spoiler that did it?!?!?

God knows you wouldn't catch an MR2 owner with something like that!

EDIT:PS THE TBAR IS ONLY FOR LOOKING COOL KIDS

But in all seriousness the Evo isn't the coolest thing that Mitsi ever made....

...but to be fair air conditioners aren't as common as Evos and the controls are a little bit harder to master.

The latest series have VRF (Variable Refridgerant Flow) technology too! These are the very latest technologies and not available on older (outdated) and cheaper (and therefore clearly pointless and redundant) AC units that are well known for not pumping out vast quantities of hot air (I can't even begin to think of a comparison).

Again to be fair these useless AC units may well be older (some might even say wiser or more mature) but they do cost less to run, buy and (because of modern regulations restricting the new models in efficientcy) are suprisingly competetive with the latest models.

In all fairness the Evo is very powerful.....not the most powerful Mitsi for that matter...

..but you do have to admit they do have a certain flair for making their products look so damn good....

I mean, who amongst you didn't cream their pants at the sight of the latest model of AC?!?! Come on I know you're lying!!!

Not even if they painted it bright yellow?

Okay even I admit they put a little less effort in with the looks as the total power output of the product goes down. But that ship isn't totally ugly and has nearly 30,000 bhp....imagine what it would look like if it only had 1/100th of that power....

....they would have to tie a dead squirrel around it's neck to get the dog to play with it and even the tide wouldn't take it out

Actually I can't stand the looks of the violently coloured ones....

(along the lines of the baboon going "I know, I'll paint my ar$e bright pink....that will turn me into a sex god" (yeah it works but only on female baboons!!!) :lol:

....but I can appreciate the engineering beauty behind a subtly hunkered down silver grey Evo, ready to menace but....sadly subtle doesn't seem to be in the majority.

I do know a fair few very cool Evo owners (and Scooby owners too for that matter) and have driven several including an FQ320 (the slowest of the FQ lot if it ain't the 320) and did find it a very competant bit of machinery but not a rewarding drive. Soul less if you like.

When I want to go fast in a straight line I get on a bike, when I want to go fast round corners I get in an Elise, when I want to be entertained I get in my battered but adored MR2.... and just smile.

If I want just out and out ability...well I'd save up and buy an Aerial Atom, a bug shield for my teeth and a nice thick coat.

Then again what do I know - I hate (well.... tolerate then!) the look of the Mk1 MR2 and own two because I love the way they drive....and reward you.

I loved driving my tubbie (with its Yamaha engine) too.....because while it is flawed...it has character, as well as ability.

Gotta love the MR2 (except the Mk3 - j/k :mrgreen: have never driven one as it happens)

Just my two cents but when I think about it I remember why I love the MR2 so much....there are other cars....faster, better looking, better handling....but how many of them tick 99% of the boxes?

Not many.....

This post is a product of Gersens' Two Cents Ltd. (a subsiduary of Gersen Heavy Entertainment Industries)
Why thank you - I grew it myself you know
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

I drive an evo and i have a big head, approx 1.57metres in diameter.

My hats are quite expensive :lol:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

anthonyg wrote:I drive an evo and i have a big head, approx 1.57metres in diameter.

but your not aidy ! he's gone :shock:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

anthonyg wrote:I drive an evo and i have a big head, approx 1.57metres in diameter.

lol...good sport :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

its nothing to do with evo drivers...just people being themselves, just so happens some off them drive evo`s and audi`s and scoobies etc :lol: :lol:
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

98gt4 wrote:i wouldnt own any evo apart from a tommi makk and it would HAVE to be red.....

Agree on the red TME point, if I had one it'd have to be red with the livery.

98gt4 wrote:color is a big factor

Thought as much

98gt4 wrote:new evos are for people who cant drive and take bends at silly speed without needing electronic ''driving aids''

Don't think I've posted this yet, but have you read the FAQ?

98gt4 wrote:myself i own a 98 spec gt4

I'm sure it was a nice car.

10 years ago.

98gt4 wrote:ive made any evo ive raced have full view of the rear of my gt4

Get out of the way and let the faster car past then.

98gt4 wrote:and at the end of the day its all about the driver and how well he can drive and not down to the new fags needing driving aids.....

Does the gt4 have 4wd? Isn't that a driver's aid? Does it have power steering? Servo brakes? Are you some kind of fag?
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

Gersen wrote:did find it a very competant bit of machinery but not a rewarding drive. Soul less if you like.

FAQ much??

Gersen wrote:When I want to go fast in a straight line I get on a bike, when I want to go fast round corners I get in an Elise

Get an evo and do both.

Gersen wrote:while it is flawed...it has character

If you want a flawed car with character get a Robin Reliant. Gotta love that "one wheel drive", but then you're used to that from driving "lots" of evos, aren't you?

Oooops, actually that was something Jeremy Clarkson erroneously said on Top Gear but it doesn't stop armies of idiots like you coming up to be saying "You know I drove one of those evos but didn't like it. Too many driver aids, it feels like it's one wheel drive at points".

I laugh inside and walk away.

Gersen wrote:Just my two cents but when I think about it I remember why I love the MR2 so much....there are other cars....faster, better looking, better handling....but how many of them tick 99% of the boxes?

Not many.....

The evo is faster, better looking, better handling, better stopping and seats 4 adults and all your week's shopping. There isn't a box it doesn't tick, not a knicker elastic it doesn't snap.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

marc in blackpool wrote:

but your not aidy !

http://www.youre.co.uk/
anthonyg

you're funny

Post by anthonyg »

Aidy wrote:
marc in blackpool wrote:

but your not aidy !

http://www.youre.co.uk/

:lol:
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

luthor1 wrote:Something for us to look forward to when we are rich enough to spend £13000+ on a car.

Don't insult me, my good man. My evo was £23,500, all bought and paid for up front. The last time an MR2 was worth that was when it could have been considered a contemporary sports car.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

Rev2_mike wrote:Would certainly make for very interesting viewing and settle a few questions about driver ability if not about car ability

My driving > luthor1's driving
My car > luthor1's car

All though, on saying that.....I've been doing some research on the net and given all the glowing reviews the MR2 has had about its exceptional handling maybe I'm backing the wrong horse? :-k Especially as when I did the same search for reviews about the evo all I got was about what a cr4p car it was.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Aidy wrote:
Rev2_mike wrote:Would certainly make for very interesting viewing and settle a few questions about driver ability if not about car ability

My driving > luthor1's driving
My car > luthor1's car

All though, on saying that.....I've been doing some research on the net and given all the glowing reviews the MR2 has had about its exceptional handling maybe I'm backing the wrong horse? :-k Especially as when I did the same search for reviews about the evo all I got was about what a cr4p car it was.

fair play mate, you've had both and your coming onto an mr2 forum and standing your ground... :clap: :clap:
after reading so many of your posts its not easy to admit but i think some people have been missing you... :eye:
what kind off power are you running just now / and out off all the cars you have owned would you like to give them marks out of 10 for whatever ...i.e. top end speed, how quick they get there, 0-60, 0-100...got to go, mr brightside is on the telly...

:thumleft:
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

mrtee wrote:what kind off power are you running just now

The car is standard still, so 300 BHP. One of the reasons I moved to evos was cos they are so devastating out of the box. Sure more power always equals more fun, but in standard vs standard form they're hard to beat. Esp on the UK's cr4p roads.

> and out off all the cars you have owned would you like to
> give them marks out of 10 for whatever

I aint owned that many.

Corsa 0 / 10
Corsa Sport 4 / 10 (they're fun cars :) )
MR2 NA 7 / 10
EVO VI 8 / 10
EVO VIII 9 / 10 (despite the fact that this has been the most unreliable car I have ever owned, period. Should have known from the colour it would be a lemon)
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Better looking??????

You shouldn't be driving anything Aidy, you are officially blind!!
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

Enrico wrote:Better looking??????

Rather blind than a hairdresser.
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

happy xmas aidy :lol:
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Aidy wrote:
Enrico wrote:Better looking??????

Rather blind than a hairdresser.

Very poor response, exactly what I expected :lol:
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

Aidy wrote:

The car is standard still, so 300 BHP. One of the reasons I moved to evos was cos they are so devastating out of the box.
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

anthonyg wrote:
Aidy wrote:

The car is standard still, so 300 BHP. One of the reasons I moved to evos was cos they are so devastating out of the box.

:clap: Exactly. Thats the reason i moved to the evo. Though as soon as i saw the Tommi Mak i just new it was special 8)

Return to “Driving Experiences”