FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JD

Re: FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Post by JD »

I love the tread pattern on R1Rs. They're sticky too. Mine had less than 100 miles on when I took the car to Peters so given how long it's been sat up there they've probably got dire flat spots now. What a waste of £400 :'( :lol:
kennym

Post by kennym »

Gullzter wrote:Couple of bits arrived this week, not enough to do any work, but new rear tyres Toyo R1R and grooved + dimpled MTEC brake discs all round

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/gullzter/Red%20Forged%20Turbo/C81ECE58-F962-4306-AECE-64EC4DC34AC1.jpg[/URL]

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/gullzter/Red%20Forged%20Turbo/6EFC251D-7081-468E-A1F5-82BAF76EB258.jpg[/URL]

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/gullzter/Red%20Forged%20Turbo/73489B17-9036-4009-AD31-7293FE8FB577.jpg[/URL]

And also got a nice surprise when rear Wilhelm toe bars turned up from Germany, was on an old mr2 of mines which was returned to stock and was offered them up at cost of postage, result :eye:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/gullzter/Red%20Forged%20Turbo/15BD1C50-678B-4E76-B0C8-478DD191980E.jpg[/URL]

hmmm would them be the toe bars you were going to put me onto when I bought the rest of the kit,..... no worries i'll pay you the cost of postage!!!!
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

JD wrote:I love the tread pattern on R1Rs. They're sticky too. Mine had less than 100 miles on when I took the car to Peters so given how long it's been sat up there they've probably got dire flat spots now. What a waste of £400 :'( :lol:

Ah that sucks big time, hopefully they haven't got flat spots, how long has it been sitting?
Yeah they look pretty mean, I've never used R1R before but GeoL recommended them so I'm pretty sure they are more than capable of the job!

Kenny they are, he did initially contact me saying no-one had contacted him for them after I told him you would, then he posted them to me last week as he had no use for them, they are now in for painting as I've decided to strip my old ones off
8-[
kennym

lol

Post by kennym »

No worries I got sorted out with some
Gullzter

Re: lol

Post by Gullzter »

kennym wrote:No worries I got sorted out with some

Nice one, Have you got the kit installed yet? :D
I was thinking the other day when he sent me those that I wish I hadn't of sold the rest of the kit #-o
kennym

Post by kennym »

did a bit this weekend, but im in the middle of doing the house then my son needed me to fit a clutch in his S13,... al my hubs links & arms are sat all shiny waiting to be bolted on.

https://www.facebook.com/kennymr2build/
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Some nice work there, think I may need to go down the route of painting my hubs aswell :eye:
Already got a few parts in for painting so all will be revealed soon but when you have polished bolt heads, that's when I know I'm not on your level =;
JD

Post by JD »

Gullzter wrote:
JD wrote:I love the tread pattern on R1Rs. They're sticky too. Mine had less than 100 miles on when I took the car to Peters so given how long it's been sat up there they've probably got dire flat spots now. What a waste of £400 :'( :lol:

Ah that sucks big time, hopefully they haven't got flat spots, how long has it been sitting?
Yeah they look pretty mean, I've never used R1R before but GeoL recommended them so I'm pretty sure they are more than capable of the job!

I dunno - I'm hoping Peter has the car on stands by now and has let some air out or them. I left them on instead of putting the wheels with the old worn tyres back on because it was gonna go straight from SBITS to MOT but now I'm thinking that may have been a bad idea as it was sat outside for a few months afaik. I'll be catching up with him this week anyway.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Well here's hoping everything is fine and you are worrying about nothing :eye:

More new parts:

Just got to remove the arms now and get this installed, mapping was supposed to be this Friday but I've put it back as I'm not happy with the car yet, would like to get the fans installed on radiator, and all the lower arms done as well as tyres and brakes but a few things may be changing with those things #-o
kennym

Post by kennym »

Gullzter wrote:Some nice work there, think I may need to go down the route of painting my hubs aswell :eye:
Already got a few parts in for painting so all will be revealed soon but when you have polished bolt heads, that's when I know I'm not on your level =;

you have been guilty of polishing the odd part here & there
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

kennym wrote:
Gullzter wrote:Some nice work there, think I may need to go down the route of painting my hubs aswell :eye:

you have been guilty of polishing the odd part here & there

:mrgreen: I have almost given up though, after the wheel epidemic #-o
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Martin F wrote:
jimGTS wrote:
Gullzter wrote:

It was never sold, he has owned it the full time, I'm just going with what he said but I do take everything with a pinch of salt however he seems an honest guy so no reason to not believe him
"11.3 done at Santa pod when the 1st engine was built with the sleeves... 2.1 60ft aswell... Terminal was 127 I think... Was it 2008 😳😳?? That was at 2bar"

From memory it did sound amazing with the screamer pipe :lol:
Yeah there are a few colours in the bay, I want to get a good colour theme for the car but it's hard to get something to go with red (black seems easiest but I want something that stands out) :roll:

i just find it odd 11s is not mentioned anywhere on here given he was a long standing member, only doing 13s and a 12.6. if he'd done a 11.3, it would be easy to find id of thought, and would be on the 1/4 registry, given his 12.6 is on the registry.

still, perhaps he wasnt around on the forums as much when this all happened.

either way, im just jealous.

:eye:

If it was running 2 bar then why not ? , I had a pulsar with just 400 bhp at 1.8 bar and it did a 11.7 at santa pod many years ago, pretty sure the mule would be a low 11 second car if put to the test as it destroys everything it comes across and is defo quicker than my old pulsar, it's all about getting that quick 1st gear pull though I guess :-k

What you are doing with your car Jim is nothing short of amazing, Hitting a 12.5 standing quarter with a ct20b, beating so called cars with 100 bhp more.

You have owned a 400 bhp mr2 Jim however it was a little bit laggy, hit the power at high revs leaving you to think maybe capable of low 12s, which makes your achievement even more impressive. This brings me to my point...

No proof I know but with my knowledge for a build like this I wouldn't suspect a 11.3 quarter being out of place.

5k for this car being a total steal :wink:

The engine bay is looking great and I seriously can't wait till you wind that boost up munir, prove the old fella wrong :mrgreen:

There's no mention of it going up the strip at 2bar of boost though on the site. No times, no terminals.
The only mention of it is the quote on this project thread. Which is what I found odd.
Is 11s possible at 2bar, sure why not, but a low 11 with a slow 2.1 60ft is more than a little confusing. That would suggest a car easily in the 10s with a good launch. Was it making the sort of power for that?

Either way, I'm sure the car is great, I just know if I'd made a low 11 it would be recorded! ;-)

My old car wasn't that laggy to be fair, it had better area under the curve than many a tdd06 and garret turbo cars in that power region. 360lb at only 1.4bar.
My problem was running 18s on the strip, lol, and engagement issues (likely worn syncros), was fine on the street though. I'm sure high 11 were possible. I'll have to dig out some old slips to compare the 1/8mile speed/times to what I'm running now.

But yeh, 5k is a steal for working car of this build type!!
I didn't see it for sale anywhere otherwise I may even of taken a punt, lol.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I think everyone is just jealous (myself included) that you got this for 5k :lol:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

androo007 wrote:I think everyone is just jealous (myself included) that you got this for 5k :lol:

:mrgreen: :thumleft:
JD

Post by JD »

Jim this is ridiculous. I'd love to see it in action.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

jimGTS wrote:
androo007 wrote:I think everyone is just jealous (myself included) that you got this for 5k :lol:

:mrgreen: :thumleft:

:thumleft: Im so so so so jelly :lol:

Cant wait for updates :mrgreen:

Ps. i was serious , I want input from Gullzter on my next purchase \:D/
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

There are more updates coming possibly next weekend as I just got a load more new parts and waiting on some more :lol:
It might make the road this summer if I can stop polishing stuff #-o :eye:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Gullzter wrote:There are more updates coming possibly next weekend as I just got a load more new parts and waiting on some more :lol:

I thought you had her booked in at HQ garage for the end of may, is that still going ahead ?
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Martin F wrote:
Gullzter wrote:There are more updates coming possibly next weekend as I just got a load more new parts and waiting on some more :lol:

I thought you had her booked in at HQ garage for the end of may, is that still going ahead ?

I did but it wasn't going to be ready for then so I called up to rearrange a couple of weeks ahead, unfortunately the earliest they could give me was 30th July and when I asked if they could call a few customers with Friday bookings (as that's all I can do), the bookings guy refused which I thought was pretty crap but they refunded me no bother, so I'm now booked into Chris Forbes at Dynatune who is a Link dealer and has been for some time, he also maps Josh's car, and it helps he is about 3mins drive from my unit :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Got a load of new parts last week, but was upto my eyes with stuff on the car that I didn't get any pics apart from a picture of1 of the new 12" Spal fans

Very impressed how meaty but slim it is, it should be more than capable of cooling the radiator, hoping to try get a shroud made this week however it's not a priority as I can always do that down the line when I can dedicate more time to it.

Managed to remove the lower arms from both cars (with quite a lot of frustration and angle grinding) as I will be polybushing the arms from the White mr2 and selling the ones from the red mr2 which are better condition, aesthetically and bushes are better :lol:

This weekend coming I have a MASSIVE list of stuff to do and hoping get the last of the main bits I've ordered to get it all done before the end of weekend so there will be a decent update and if I remember, quite a few pictures for those interested :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”