IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Post by toxo »

Sounds like you're better prepped than I am!! The alternator wasn't as bad as everyone made out, it's proving more difficult sourcing a good replacement!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
markiii

Post by markiii »

markiii wrote:chaps I currently have mobile numbers for

Me
Ekona (Dan)
Roadsterboy (Chris)
AW11ForeverMike and Joanne
t-bar89 (Pete)
Toxo (John)
Blue 2 (Dan)
Jinxy (Tony)

can anyone else who wants to join the mobile distribution list drop me a PM with their real name and moby number

ta
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

My LM tickets arrived today 8) 8) 8)

I got two, one for the grandstand and one for general entry that has "Enciente Generale - Weekend" on it, so I'm guessing that I'm okay for entry whenever we head up there. I can't find last years' ticket to compare :oops:

Either way, I'm one step closer to going now so I'm a happy bunny! :D
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I shall just be buying my general entrance ticket on the gate again like last year. i don't think I could justify a grandstand ticket for the short amount of time I actually spent there on the Saturday :)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Same here I would like to get a grandstand seat but I prefer moving around the circuit. This year definatly want to go to Arnarge, didn't realise there was a free train that goes there within the circuit. Would love to get a view of the Mulsanne straight but I believe its closed off for spectators, not sure about the chicanes though. Apparently there is a pub on the mulsanne that has ok views of the straight so wouldnt mind going there as well.
:D
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

We went to the pub 3 years ago, its actually the chinese restaurant at Hunaderies. Unfortunately they put high fencing up and cover it so you can't see the action. What we did was climb it and got a good glimps for about 15 miutes before security moved us on, the noise was amazing!

You MUST go to arnage and up to mulsanne corner this year, its not to be missed, the atmosphere is superb. We were at mulsanne at 4am last year! you get a good view of the bottom end of mulsanne before the corner leading to indianapolis.

My tickets arrived today, makes it more real now, eeeeeee!!
Got 5 euros Kangaroo TV too, I'll definately be getting one for the whole race.
MR2 World Community www.michael-sheavills.co.uk
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Ill be defiantly up for that, getting the kangaroo tv this time as well and planning on staying up for the full whack unlike last year.
frogge

Post by frogge »

What ho, Chaps
C & I were hoping to join you for the wonderful event, but Celina's exams are the week after, & she's doing so well in the company, it would be stupid to mess that up.
I don't know how many of you know, but I had a bit of a smash in early March. A Mini slid across the road & hit me head on.
I saw this coming & prepared for impact. It arrived.
Then, a Navarra took me up the bottom - I was not expecting that, I can tell you!
This left me with a fractured breastbone, a few damaged ribs & a bash on the noggin, though the latter made no noticable difference.
A couple of days later, my right lung collapsed in sympathy.
All this I consider a minor inconvenience in the world of The Lily Pad - I've suffered worse from cannon fire.

Then came the nightmare
I knew the MR2 was totalled & made sure that all concerned knew that I wished to have the remains returned to me to harvest useful parts.
Imagine my despair when I found that Allianz had completely ignored this & had sent my beloved RollerSkate for scrap.
The only concesion they were prepared to make was that I could go & collect parts that I specified in advance.
By this time my car is in Lincolnshire, I am in Lancashire - opposite sides of the country - & I am still unable to drive very far as a result of injuries.

So please accept our apologies for being unable to join you all in Le Mans & also if we turn up at an event in a non-MR2

I do have a spare, but it will take a little time.

Ribbet!
frogge

Post by frogge »

A reminder to all travellers to France
If you're a member of RAC, take out their European cover, but make sure that you let them know that you are a member of the club for your car.
In my experience, they then waive the loading for cars over 10 years old.
Well worth it.
After Le Mans 2007, we drove to the far south of France, & the radiator decided to spring a leek on Avenue de Stalingrad in Arles.
The service we received was exemplary - taxis, hire car, regular updates on the difficulty of obtaining MR2 MK1 parts in the south of France.
OK I had to pay for the repair, as I would have in England, but the holiday was not spoiled.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Bloody hell Frogge, didn't know any of that! :shock: Glad to hear that you're okay(ish), that's the most important thing. Gutted to hear about the MR2 though, compounded by your insurers being utterly useless by the sounds of it. :evil:
AW11 Forever..!

Hey Kermit,

Thanks for the update, glad you are on the ment, dam shame we won't have your company this year, what about the horn [-(

Roll on 2010 for our 10th vsit to Le Mans, at least you will have just over a year to plan it all. Look forward to seeing you both soon.

Will the insurance money go towards getting the Hasselbeck on the road?
AW11 Forever..!

Just ordered all my LM stickers through Hollographics. Have gone for a bit of a GULF theme this year in support of the LM1 Aston Martin.

Remember there is a mystery prize for the best MR2 stickered car on tour.

Not long now.
AW11 Forever..!

I have a promotion code to get 5 euros off KANGAROO TV

JUST09

Go to www.kangaroo.tv/leman/justtickets

You will need to register and then reserve your TV online

I had Kangaroo TV last year and it was absolutely brilliant, radio, interactive leaderboards, you can control your own camera angles and choose in car cameras.

You get it from 10th - 14th so you will have it for all the qualifying.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Ordered the rest of my stickers today, still need to get my breakdown cover and travel insurance sorted though :neutral:
AW11 Forever..!

My stickers came today from hollographics, I also got my car booked in to Woodsport for a service, dizzy change, coolant and a pre LM inspection.

Bought a x2 auto converter for my camera so hopefully some better photography than my attempt last year.

Started printing off confirmations for ferry, hotel in Brugges etc, just ovr 4 weeks to go now, eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Have a look on ebay there are some cheap grandstand tickets going that include general entry so if you only used it to view the start and finish its not costing you much. By the way the general entry ticket is valid Wednesday - Sunday and includes qualifying.

Should we all chip in when we get there and buy a gazebo so we can sit under if it rains and have it as a general gathering place around camp.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Not a bad idea that at all, I'm in :thumleft:
AW11 Forever..!

Yea was thinking one of those cream marque style ones and have it as a party base area, we need to also think abut keep ones beers chilled, 2 years ago we bought a big plastic bin that had handles on for moving it around and out of the sun, and just chucked everything in. We can talk about all this stuff at the LM launch party.

Worth checking your bank account cover to see if it includes european breakdown cover, I'm with Lloyds TSB and have just realised with my Platinum account I'm covered for full cover in France.

Been looking at those hands free walkie talkies on Ebay, they are a bit like headphones with a mic, average prices are £10 each, do you think these would be useful to wear whilst travelling around in France? Only problem is I wasn't planning on the Madonna look!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

ill throw in some for a gazebo :thumleft: and somethin to keep the beers chilled :thumleft:
unowho

Post by unowho »

Yep Gazebo and Beer Chiller sounds good to us aswell :thumleft: :thumleft:

Not counting weeks now, on days........ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Proud Mk2 owner
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Has anyone booked car park tickets for the Mulsanne night excursion? It appears that the ACO are now saying that you need separate car park tickets for this year, your general parking/entry tickets will no longer suffice. :(

Will they actually enforce it on the night? Pass, but I'll be bu88ered if I'm splashing out another £15 just for that.

Return to “Past Events”