Who made up the IMOC TOTB team???

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BenF
Premium Member

Re: Who made up the IMOC TOTB team???

Post by BenF »

^Trickster^ wrote:
I try to help people as much as I can on here. Theres alot of good people on here, and alot of them pushed aside by the big boys, I normally use the PM or messenger to help now because of the way people go on.

That's a shame - by posting publically it means your share your knowlege with others, allowing people to search and find it later - that's exactly what IMOC has always been about.

I just think the board needs a review in general.

So you keep telling us, but what then? Please post in the Site News and Suggestions Forum.

BenF wrote:We do welcome feedback on events, and ideas for improvement and take them on board - look at the changes that were made for JAE this year - the feedback is overwhelmingly positive - and we have already got ideas for things we will change and improve on for next year.

But my opinion means nothing.

Did you read what I wrote at all :?:
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

No one uses the search function thats half the problem. Same topics are there every week.

And if your not one of the top boys your not aking any notice of. Theres a lot of people just looking for status here, im just here to build my car and help people and be helped along the way.

Theres too much of a massive hierachy "spelling" here now.

Everyone is something here and I think its intimidating and uneccesary.

Ben I do understand what your saying, but 99% of the time nothing changes.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

We really do want to improve things for members, it's not just lip service. Please do let us know if we can improve things for you all.
:-k

I've been thinking, I don't really see a 'heirarchy', though I appreciate I am looking at it from a different position to yourself.

Anybody who has a serious interest in TOTB should PM us and let us know, we only have a 'hidden' forum to keep the main trivia off the board and to discuss things a bit more privately re: tactics etc. If you're doing an interesting engine build you should also PM Mark Edwards - he looks after the project car forum. From my POV nobody is looking for 'status' and they do try to help where possible, PMs often elicit more of a response though tbh as there are so many threads nowadays it is difficult for everyone to pick up on everything they're asked...

It worries me often people feel 'put out' because their specific problems were not answered by someone 'in the know' or 'more known'. The solution is always to PM who you want to talk to, it's easy to loose things in loads of threads! It really is that simple - no-one is attempting to be more superior than anyone else!

T
Leakie Tbar

jae

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Firstly I would like to say EARL that did come across as been below the belt, poor dude :shock:

I do agree with Trickster on this one not everything though :mrgreen: but there does seem to be a alpha pack on the forum this isn't a dig at anyone so please dont take it as one I am just putting my feeling's across,

At JAE we did have a North East Group this was a group decision based on last years JAE i wasn't there so I can't comment on it..

There is a large group of IMOCers in the NE and we all rolled down toghether.

I belive that the people in our Group are some of the Old school Imoc GTECH,JJ and we have Paul Woods who helps any of us out at a drop of a hat, phil with the First V6 Supercharged mr2 mk2 in Europe,

I have done my own Rev 5 turbo conversion with the help of trickster and gtech. We all pile in my garage and fix the other guy's car's free of charge so we are very sociable group.

At Jae I did think there was a group of people that where from the forum that just didnt want to mix and it was very apparent!! a few of us commented on this. One Imocer yellow vest and a badge on his baseball cap very very nice guy friendly can't fault him for trying to talk to everyone CHEERS TO YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE :wink:

You cannot fault the effort put in buy all of the mr2 owners and the display at JAE

I did want to meet some of the Guys so I am making an effort to get to TOTB and introduce myself so you all can put a face to the username

I hope there isn't any bad feeling's at TOTB or I may be forced to wedge a few bannana's up your exhaust's or a small dog in Mark Edwards case :D :D :D :D :D

Kev
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

No hard feelings mate, please do come and make yourselves known. I and a few others made a lot of effort to make sure you north-easterners were all together at JAE!! And had a very nice chat with Tubby Tony, who still wants to get his mitts on my new car. :lol: You want to be thanking Malcolm (most likely, or maybe Chris) in the yellow jackets, though I know Alex made an effort to talk to most people too.

I do think you mistook chatting away for not being interested though, half the time people don't really get a chance to mix when they are catching up with friends they haven't seen for ages...JAE is a very busy show. :)

Like I said, do come over and chat Sunday. We will be busy!!! But we'll always chat. :) :)
T
Last edited by tonigmr2 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

The vested one was Malcolm (Tiamat) . (sherrifs badge on his cap right?)
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

At Jae I did think there was a group of people that where from the forum that just didnt want to mix and it was very apparent!! a few of us commented on this. One Imocer yellow vest and a badge on his baseball cap very very nice guy friendly can't fault him for trying to talk to everyone CHEERS TO YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE Wink

twas Tiamat, or the sherriff as he likes to be called :)
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

I thought it was a Rusty Bullet hole?? :D

Toni me and Tubby Tony are coming on sunday so please take some pepper spray Tony will be hanging off your new car. :lol:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

If you had told me you were coming I could've got you cheap club tickets :D Too late now, £20 at the gate!

T
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

I would of come down to JAE and TOTB but I just have too much to do at the moment, my car needs a few days work to build the engine and fit it into the car which ill be doing slowly over august

Maybe next year.

Graeme
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Twas me.
Was nice to meet you fellers.
8)
I am going to live forever, or die trying!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”