[Mk2] [Turbo] ferrari f430 replica

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

micarus

ferrari replica

Post by micarus »

Thanks Gordy,
Nice to get more input ,I can't wait to get cracking on this project.

Cheers MIKE. :)
Draven

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] ferrari f430 replica

Post by Draven »

Personally don't like reps. But dude if you want to do it I say go for it. I'd love to still have an MR2 at 72..

You're looking at spending £15k/£20k as most people say to get a good replica due to all the body work etc.

I would start off by making sure the donor was running sweet. Fix any problems before you begin.

:thumleft:
micarus

f430 replica

Post by micarus »

Draven wrote:Personally don't like reps. But dude if you want to do it I say go for it. I'd love to still have an MR2 at 72..

You're looking at spending £15k/£20k as most people say to get a good replica due to all the body work etc.

I would start off by making sure the donor was running sweet. Fix any problems before you begin.

Cheers Draven,
Already giving it a good going over and a good hammer :lol: before talking it off the road at the end of this month , already fitted a new Radiator and clutch slave and it had already had a complete top end overhall and timing gear plus clutch . so it runs great and even though my last sports car was a Lotus m100< 90s Elan> 1600 turbo this car is like lightening even quicker than my Cobra rep' and that's going some! and that is why it's such a good Doner for the kit.
As I have said if it had been a minter I would not have kitted it but the paintwork requires renewing and other bits like the interior need sorting so it's ripe for conversion.
I recon to spend a total of £1600 or so but it may go up < these things usualy do!>

If I can find room I may decide to get a rev 3 if I can find a good one in the future.
Torero

Post by Torero »

Draven wrote:I would start off by making sure the donor was running sweet. Fix any problems before you begin.

That's good common sense advice. :thumleft:

I'd suggest an import as they tend to have weathered better but get the sills and arches checked out beforehand. Most mechanical issues can be rectified and you could even consider an engine upgrade to match the looks.

Whatever you do keep us posted Mike.
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
micarus

f430 replica

Post by micarus »

Torero wrote:
Draven wrote:I would start off by making sure the donor was running sweet. Fix any problems before you begin.

That's good common sense advice. :thumleft:

I'd suggest an import as they tend to have weathered better but get the sills and arches checked out beforehand. Most mechanical issues can be rectified and you could even consider an engine upgrade to match the looks.

Whatever you do keep us posted Mike.

It is an import Torero and yes it is good advice , I believe all turbos are imports or am I mistaken? The car is pretty rust free ,sills appear good as it is a 2000 import. and it is a coupe so stiffer and more like the F430 shell to start with.
Won't be starting until around March now as I need an operation next month that will put me on crutches for 12 weeks <curses > but will try to start sorting some stuff out in preparation before then.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Yes all turbos are imports as the turbo was not supplied to the UK..
micarus

f340 replica

Post by micarus »

Draven wrote:Yes all turbos are imports as the turbo was not supplied to the UK..

Thanks Draven.

Cheers MIKE.
Torero

Post by Torero »

As much as I want you to enjoy this conversion I have to say it really pains me to see such a good example being used as a donor.

Still I suppose you have to make sacrifices #-o

I hope the op goes well :thumleft:

John.
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
craig

Post by craig »

Late, rare rev5 turbo used as a donor - painful to see :(

I personally, would buy a cheaper rev3 turbo and use that, seeing as most of it will be covered in fibreglass.

But, as said, it's your car, your money, your project. Good luck with it.
micarus

f430

Post by micarus »

Torero wrote:As much as I want you to enjoy this conversion I have to say it really pains me to see such a good example being used as a donor.

Still I suppose you have to make sacrifices #-o

I hope the op goes well :thumleft:

John.

As I said John it's not a minter but I get what you mean,< just have to do it M8 :lol:
Cheers MIKE.
micarus

f430 conversion

Post by micarus »

RedMR² wrote:Late, rare rev5 turbo used as a donor - painful to see :(

I personally, would buy a cheaper rev3 turbo and use that, seeing as most of it will be covered in fibreglass.

Don't know where you got "rev5" from Red mine is a rev2? if I get hold of a decent rev5 or even a really good rev3 I will be keeping it as an mr2 <with a few mods of course!>

Cheers MIKE.
craig

Re: f430 conversion

Post by craig »

micarus wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Late, rare rev5 turbo used as a donor - painful to see :(

Don't know where you got "rev5" from Red mine is a rev2? if I get hold of a decent rev5 or even a really good rev3 I will be keeping it as an mr2 <with a few mods of course!>

Cheers MIKE.

Hi Mike, from your post earlier:

micarus wrote:

It is an import Torero and yes it is good advice , I believe all turbos are imports or am I mistaken? The car is pretty rust free ,sills appear good as it is a 2000 import.

2000 import is a rev5. :thumleft:

Unless of course the car is a '92 rev2 and imported in 2000 and DVLA put it on a V or W plate. :lol:
micarus

f430 rep'

Post by micarus »

My bad Red, the car is a 92 rev2 on a k plate but got the impression that it was imported in 2000??
#-o

SOZ M8 , MIKE.

Return to “Modifications”