just got mr2 back from Xxxx @ mr2developments

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

QUOC2008

Re: just got mr2 back from Xxxx @ mr2developments

Post by QUOC2008 »

Does anyone know whats the best coilovers for the mr2 i dont mind the costs for streets roads comfort and handling on track olinhs seem to be up there they are soft and respond to the road well not skipping around like these bc i have... too firm for the road in my opition.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

KW Variant 3 or H&R
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

QUOC2008 wrote:for streets roads comfort and handling on track

Whatever you choose will have to be a compromise.
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

QUOC2008 wrote:Does anyone know whats the best coilovers for the mr2 i dont mind the costs for streets roads comfort and handling on track olinhs seem to be up there they are soft and respond to the road well not skipping around like these bc i have... too firm for the road in my opition.

You must have very bad roads, I've had cusco and tein coilovers and black and yellow bilstein. I found the BC racing coilovers the most comfortable. As Pete has said, there is always a compromise
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

QUOC2008 wrote:Does anyone know whats the best coilovers for the mr2 i dont mind the costs for streets roads comfort and handling on track olinhs seem to be up there they are soft and respond to the road well not skipping around like these bc i have... too firm for the road in my opition.

You must have very bad roads, I've had cusco and tein coilovers and black and yellow bilstein. I found the BC racing coilovers the most comfortable. As Pete has said, there is always a compromise
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

Yes very bad roads london is baad its like rally roads
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

QUOC2008 wrote:Yes very bad roads london is baad its like rally roads

you've never been to Scotland have you??? :lol: :lol: Our motorways are like rally roads!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:

you've never been to Scotland have you??? :lol: :lol: Our motorways are like rally roads!

Lol thats our tax pounds at work :eye: ... £240 for my next years tax :( ........ Ps. great looking car QUOC2008, car looks bad ass :thumleft:

Kev.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:
sheppy wrote:

Lol thats our tax pounds at work :eye: ... £240 for my next years tax :( ........ Ps. great looking car QUOC2008, car looks bad ass :thumleft:

Kev.

Never realised you were in Scotland man, Assumed you were a Southerner, Have to get a meet at some point, possibly crail, I've been dying to go all year, we know why I've not been :lol:

i don't mind the tax too much, especially when my insurance is only £103!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Yeah I'm a Southerner, I'm in milton keynes shep .. I was talking roads in general .. mk just had a major push (motorway wombles blocking the road measuring pot holes :eye: ) .. and loads of retarmacking done in the last month.

I dont think its just a Scottish thing having bad roads .. I think its just a country wide government fail in general .

And yeah would love to meet you at a meet at some time .. cant wait to see your car finished :thumleft:

Kev.
cosmos

Coilovers

Post by cosmos »

www.toyotagtturbo.com look for MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers they are pleasing a lot of people.
Group buys, discount for clubs etc.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:Yeah I'm a Southerner, I'm in milton keynes shep .. I was talking roads in general .. mk just had a major push (motorway wombles blocking the road measuring pot holes :eye: ) .. and loads of retarmacking done in the last month.

I dont think its just a Scottish thing having bad roads .. I think its just a country wide government fail in general .

And yeah would love to meet you at a meet at some time .. cant wait to see your car finished :thumleft:

Kev.

ah my mistake mate, Did a few trips to England this year, I'd deffo say your roads are better, although it could just be that you guys have to use less backroads than we do, our back roads are awful and I use them a lot!!!
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

2mad wrote:
sheppy wrote:

Kev.

thank 2mad, martinf, sheppy, and all the others for the compliments...

i have spent too much on this car... was it worth it im still trying to say yes but no seems to be the logical answer
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

Race Idiot wrote:KW Variant 3 or H&R

the evo forum says the same for these coilovers ohlins is up there but such a big debate on them. they claim and have been tried and tested to be even more softer then oem suspension at the same time being firm and responsive and reflex to rally roads well so i would assume that is true so there is no compromise on comfort and handling that what they say but I dont know but I hope so.

I heard meister r are quite a good budget coilovers and on my friends s2000 it was just like oem softness but handled well...?
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

sheppy wrote:
2mad wrote:Yeah I'm a Southerner, I'm in milton keynes shep .. I was talking roads in general .. mk just had a major push (motorway wombles blocking the road measuring pot holes :eye: ) .. and loads of retarmacking done in the last month.

Kev.

ah my mistake mate, Did a few trips to England this year, I'd deffo say your roads are better, although it could just be that you guys have to use less backroads than we do, our back roads are awful and I use them a lot!!!

Roads defo are better in England.
The M80 down my way is horrendous on parts of it!

You going to Crail next Sunday?
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Car looks really nice Q, i would like arches smoothed in like yours however i dont think im keeping the car so might not be any point :roll:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Gullzter wrote:
sheppy wrote:

Kev.

Roads defo are better in England.
The M80 down my way is horrendous on parts of it!

You going to Crail next Sunday?

if I have the car back in time I will deffo be there man :thumleft: Not holding my breath though :(
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

Gullzter wrote:Car looks really nice Q, i would like arches smoothed in like yours however i dont think im keeping the car so might not be any point :roll:

thanks!

i was going to buy the new gtr but when i drove it, it was like driving my merc e250 autos suck and are sooo boring yes its fast yes it handles but i rather have a merc then a gtr as you get the comfort and luxury the gtr is not fun so whats the point of even driving it. I bought a evo x manual instead but its still i dont want to say a bit boring too.

the mr2 is so much fun why sell... my next car i would consider is the gtr ultima shahids got one and wow its so nice

DONT SELL IT... unless you really need the money
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

QUOC2008 wrote:
Gullzter wrote:Car looks really nice Q, i would like arches smoothed in like yours however i dont think im keeping the car so might not be any point :roll:

thanks!

i was going to buy the new gtr but when i drove it, it was like driving my merc e250 autos suck and are sooo boring yes its fast yes it handles but i rather have a merc then a gtr as you get the comfort and luxury the gtr is not fun so whats the point of even driving it. I bought a evo x manual instead but its still i dont want to say a bit boring too.

the mr2 is so much fun why sell... my next car i would consider is the gtr ultima shahids got one and wow its so nice

DONT SELL IT... unless you really need the money

Fancy swapping shells? :lol:
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

the turbo was flipped around to allow space for the charge cooler and the induction kit pipe and cone is shorter by a foot making it more efficient.

but i really was thinking of rotating the chargecooler abit to allow extra room for the pipes. To be honest the engine lid is the main problem if i changed it then there wouldnt be a problem.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”