Red Rev 3 tintop turbo. 4 years on and still tinkering. Been on the rollers.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nails

Re: Red Rev 3 tintop turbo. 4 years on and still tinkering. Been on the rollers.

Post by Nails »

Off for its it test this morning. Fairly confident but the brakes will need bedding in a bit as its stood since last october really.
Nails

Re: Red Rev 3 tintop turbo. 4 years on and still tinkering. Been on the rollers.

Post by Nails »

back on the road and legal. Advisory on handbrake but to be expected was only a short driverto the MOT centre and things are just loosening up. Everything was brand new last year so just needs a bit of use.
off for a drige this afternoon with my 2 year old son. Hes really excited as he says hes been fixing it lol
Nails

Post by Nails »

Quick mod. I bought a pair of these fans a few years ago as have a gtech fan cover. Never got round to fitting it. After removing the side mount fan the light on the dash was p1$$ing me off on the afternoon drive.
Cut the plug off the original fan made a shirt loom and plug and play. Fan fits real good. Couple of sticky pads as was tight but vibrating slightly and we're good to go.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Beauty! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
outrun

Post by outrun »

synXero wrote:Beauty! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Got that right, mate. I was unsure about the size of the rear bumper and spoiler, when we were trial fitting them, but when it is all together and painted the same shade, it goes well.

Nice to see this car back on the road. :-)
Nails

Post by Nails »

a few pictures after a day with a rotary and some G3. Could do with some glaze and a couple of coats of wax. This is just G3 then some megs finesse then chemical guys sealant.

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Very nice indeed! The Advans really set the car off, look great in that colour.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Went scrapyard raking yesterday with outrun to see what they had. Found a club members 2 from MR2 owners club which had been pretty much picked apart. But managed to find both interior door handle surrounds intact and uncracked. A bargin for a fiver.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Looks great buddy, Toms stuff is the shiznit :whistle: :lol:
Nails

Post by Nails »

Tom is my middle name. Well its Thomas but still :lol:

Got that gauge pod to sort out with a boost gauge to replace A pillars pod, intake temp sensor to keep an eye on the chargecooler and dunno what the third will be yet. Fit ebc. Replace brake flexis and the alternator died yesterday so thats to do also.
still fancy refurbing the other wheels in silver and fitting those as I definitely prefer the drive on 16s but I do really like the look and grip the wider advans give.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Nails wrote:Tom is my middle name. Well its Thomas but still :lol:

Got that gauge pod to sort out with a boost gauge to replace A pillars pod, intake temp sensor to keep an eye on the chargecooler and dunno what the third will be yet. Fit ebc. Replace brake flexis and the alternator died yesterday so thats to do also.
still fancy refurbing the other wheels in silver and fitting those as I definitely prefer the drive on 16s but I do really like the look and grip the wider advans give.

Good one :clap:
16" are a brilliant middle ground though and i loved mines
:cry:
Let me know if you need anything else in that case and ill see what ive got :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

16s are the best compromise for looks/handling. I've gone for some 300zx 16s, which I'm going to run 50 profile on, for comfort.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Gullzter wrote:
Let me know if you need anything else in that case and ill see what ive got :thumleft:

outrun may be after a driverside headlight cover if you've got one still mate.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Yeah my first rev 2 turbo was on 16 enkeis. Next one had 17"s which felt harder.
this one came with the toms spilts which I changed for the 17 advans which defo helped with the grip and turn in feels better but lost some ride comfort, lost a bit of edge/responsiveness.
Got the knackered tyres took of them today and when I get time I need to drop them in somewhere to get cleaned up and centres repainted.
Let us know how they are with the 50 profiles. I'm also interested to see how they look as yours has quite big kit on too.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Been breaker hunting again this weekend with outrun. New heater controls and drivers side switches to get rid of tacky led items in mine. Also scored with a pair of mines braces. These are unbelievable how light they are. Already spent a while polishing them last night in the sitting room as the missus was at her works night out as they were quite grubby but need a bit more work.

C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Which breaker has a turbo in? Do you know if it has ABS rear hubs?

Car looks awesome by the way.. I love advan sa3's
Nails

Post by Nails »

Was a na import at Durham mate. Early rev 2 I think.
gerbil1028

Post by gerbil1028 »

Your advans would look lovely on mine
One day the Phoenix will rise from the ashes.
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

car looks great mate

the best colour :D

out of curiosity what colour led's are in your tacky heater controls and drivers side window switch ?
Nails

Post by Nails »

:lol: I did use to like stuff like this but not anymore.
blue mate in the switches. Slider and fan normal but may be brighter. Heated rear window and recirc are red.
Drivers switch flickers so must need soldering somewhere and the feet button light doesnt work.

Return to “Member Profiles”