Midship Money Pit - Equipped For Summer

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SrSilkie

Re: Midship Money Pit - Equipped For Summer

Post by SrSilkie »

Nic wrote:I'd go all black with stainless steel bolts, like these.

Yup I really like this but I am stuck between whether it would look good and a waste of a polished lip...

This is what made me think black Equips

Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

wikiz wrote:
Odin_S wrote:In my humble opinion all black wheel is a waste of deep dish and Equips.
Here are mine refurbished by CardCore

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb305/Odin_S/20140910_131531_zpsahjmfzja.jpg[/URL]

I actually considered going fully polished at one stage but I personally dont think I could pull it off haha, they look sexy though...have you got them on yet?

I wanted to wait till my engine rebuild was done. It's now winter so I'm going to wait for better weather 8)
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Just a wee update...

ImageImage

Fitted a rev 4 wheel ages back but now I'm thinking to go aftermarket ](*,) ...also removing airbags isn't fun...

ImageImage

Also banged the Equips on to a while back to see how they sat...pretty aggressive :twisted: just thought id get the photos on the thread.

They have been sitting for months though waiting for me to gather the funds to get them refurbished...and im finally getting there!

ImageImage

Got my hands on 128 WORK bolts from Belgium as I couldn't find anyone with them in the uk and also bought a set of WORK RS wheel nuts. I have also got 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 3's lying in wait...just need to get the wheels finished and built up now!!

I felt the need for some engine bay bling and up popped this Genuine TRD oil cap.

For some reason I have always wanted one of these! A Rescueman III...let's hope I never need to use it :lol:

Got round to polishing up my Nur Spec...bit carried away though and did it all ](*,) anyway...not even sure I will put it on yet...Im still looking for a Phoenix Power Departure II so may sell this in the near future who knows :thumleft:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

I knew I had a small hole in the exhaust pipe though when the car started making loud popping sounds on over run I thought it was time to re inspect...

Less than ideal so the Blitz is going on next week, on the plus side the Equips are almost finished!

Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Nur Spec finally on! really chuffed, it sounds the biz \:D/

I just left the rear grill in place incase I get my hands on a Dep 2 pro in future
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

I made a trip to Chizfab today, was a lovely drive up to Lochgelly.

The car was in to have it's rear arches rolled and sealed ready for the Equips going on.

Awesome guy and done a top job, for anyone up in Scotland looking to have their arches rolled I'd definitely recommend them :thumleft:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Thats the car finally in to get the coilovers set up and the WORK Equips on! Too excited :mrgreen:

Will hopefully get some good photos up by the end of next week :thumleft:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Looking forward to the pics! You decided against the black equips then?

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

JAAASH wrote:Looking forward to the pics! You decided against the black equips then?

Yup I was in two minds about it Josh but went against it in the end, to be fair this was my inspiration shot for the Equips

I felt if I went against this I may end up regretting it :lol:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Unfortunately my wheels wont be ready until later this week and im flying down to London so photos will have to wait until next week.

Coilovers are going on though so there is progress :thumleft:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Got a text to say the wheels were ready so headed through to Glasgow to pick them up! Needless to say I am well chuffed with them!!

However...

My fears were with the rears initially with an ET22 but turns out they are near perfect...slightly aggressive but should get away with it, the rim protector on the front tyres however are fouling the Meister coilovers...I don't quite understand as they are 8j ET40 with a 215/40/17 tyre and 5mm spacer, I did my research and lots of people seem to pull this off.

The next step is to use camber bolts to add positive camber to the hub to try and angle the tyre away from the strut and then camber back in using the adjustable top mounts...fingers crossed it is enough

If anyone has had problems like this and resolved them please bang up a post :thumleft:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

So FINALLY the WORK Equips are on, took ages for me to free up the cash to have the coilovers fitted, save for tyres and the Equips refurbished but they are on at last...just :lol:

Took the car a fairly long drive to test for scrubbing and relieved to say there is none \:D/

Had to add camber bolts to the front, set them for maximum positive camber to clear the strut as the tyre was fouling but now there is around 5mm clearance and then to counter act the top mounts were adjusted to increase negative camber and this was enough to get the wheel back in the right place.

Tyres wise I chose to wrap the Equips in Michelin Pilot Sport 3's are they are supposed to wear well and are rated A in the wet, so I'm looking forward to testing these out :mrgreen:

Last think to do is give the lips a once over with Meguiar's NXT metal polish and fit the center caps.

Better photo's to follow :thumleft:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

I never thought the stock rev 3 alloys were particularly bad looking but with these new wheels I can't believe just how much presence they add to the car, so chuffed.

Next on this list is save to have the decat fitted and also I would like to focus further more on the aesthetics...

Exterior

Side strips and rear center panel painted gloss black with silver replacement mr2 decals
Brake calipers painted metallic orange

Interior

Center console trim painted gloss black

Engine bay

Intercooler core/pipes painted satin black
Heat shields painted satin black
Strut braces painted satin black
Cam cover painted metallic orange...I have this vision of everything in the engine bay being satin black with the engine (heart of the car) being in colour to stand out

Power wise I am more than happy at the moment and still think for me the jump to around 300 with the decat/boost increased to 17/18 psi should keep me happy through summer.

Aesthetics wise I have opted against following my original idea of getting it fully TOM'S kitted...I honestly dont have the funds to go down that route so went for a more OEM+ look and im very pleased with how she is looking :thumleft:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Just a wee update, had a horrible clunking noise coming from the drivers side strut, turned out to be a loose top nut...no biggie though got that tightened and also noticed the rear scrubbing slightly over long hard bumps so bumped it up the rear 5mm and stiffened the whole car 5 notches from the softest setting and everything seems perfect!

These Meister coilovers really are very tolerable comfort wise...even on 17's with 40 profile tyres it seems great and to be honest I found the softest damper settings a little too bouncy which I didnt realise until I stiffened the car a little. I also would say that the softest settings are damn close to OEM and that is with the 17's on. Having standard seats in the car also make them far more tolerable on stiffer settings.

I have put the car to the stiffest setting just to see and it is very firm but this is my daily road car and I feel super stiff may be all good and well on a track but on B roads I wouldn't feel confident running the stiffer settings at all.

I will keep messing around but overall very impressed with them :thumleft:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Gorgeous car mate, looks great on the new alloys, sits perfect.

Been toying with getting something new for mine, I am still on the OEs, think this has helped make my mind up to have a serious look for something now.
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Rob66 wrote:Gorgeous car mate, looks great on the new alloys, sits perfect.

Been toying with getting something new for mine, I am still on the OEs, think this has helped make my mind up to have a serious look for something now.

Thanks! Yeah it is definitely worth investing in a set of wheels, they can really set a car off.

It is ridiculous how much attention the car gets now as opposed to running stock wheels.

Have you got a shortlist of wheels you like?
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Just a wee update with some interior mods I forgot to put up

Fitted some 4" speakers behind the seats

Went for some 6.5" in the doors on 12mm mdf brackets

Found a genuine TRD Duracon gearknob at a steal so couldn't resist...oh and sourced a JDM Toyota flare lol

Also put in my ZIG ZAG patterned Man in Dandism mats...I had been searching for ages for a set so I'm pretty chuffed with these!

Last but not least I fitted my Rescueman III!

Black 94' GT-S Turbo
wilki

Post by wilki »

Looking very pretty :thumleft:
Liking the well placed Rescueman III 8)
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

wilki wrote:Looking very pretty :thumleft:
Liking the well placed Rescueman III 8)

Thanks man!

The Rescueman was only bought really as a showpiece but I actually locked myself it the seat belt, reached around to see where I could put just incase I ever did need it lol
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
wenguin

Post by wenguin »

Lovely car mate.

The gloss black centre console (around the stereo) looks really well if that's what your planning! I've done mine, debating doing the steering wheel shroud / ashtray etc.

Return to “Member Profiles”