Yellow TRD widebody project ***BIG MOT FAIL, END OF THE LINE FOR ME***

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RST

Re: Yellow TRD widebody project ***BIG MOT FAIL, END OF THE LINE FOR ME***

Post by RST »

Hi Guys,

Yea have taken allot of interest for it so far. I've also totalled up the parts in the car, breaking or not for anyone interested on taking it on and there's allot in it. It's got to go as a rolling car, just no time to take on welding or to satisfy my curiosity how far the rot has got unfortunately. I have to move on, though it can't sit where it is too long.

I found a couple of links for transport, one member kindly sent me a link for a Scottish guy on the forums a few years ago also. So I've started asking for quotes which will help allot with pricing it correctly. Otherwise I have a private list of the component cost worth if anyone is interested in the car to break it or to stock pile for projects. I'm not putting the list up as folk have already asked for parts though I already said it won't be broken.

I see Fimmo posted -I want to make sure there's no reflection on him whatsoever as recent previous owner! It looked clean enough although I racked up a small list of cosmetic and light mechanical stuff as you do on most cars and he can tell you I spent long enough looking outside his work, he knows I wanted to tidy it up as small projects. It's not a show car by both our standards but one we are happy with on the street -that's why I bought it rather than another show car. It's just my location and inclination these days, it may well be OK after looking further, but I would want some difficult parts stripped off -which turns it into a longer term project than I can do. My MOT guy is very good and we spent some time debating whether the corrosion is actually in a structural point, but to be fair I have to walk away from this because of resources. It's clearly a bog-std rotten sill situation in my mind, been there before and purely an uneconomical repair for me. The spot I'm in is I can't break the car, I can pull some parts back off but it's been a 2 year project for me to clear my spare room and no space now for car parts again!

Many folk have kindly PM'd me. I think the first thing to get sorted is quotes on shipping.

Cheers,

Rich
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Looks like itts' resurfaced on eBay with an MOT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:3160
iain2010

Post by iain2010 »

I've just seen that as well. That's disgusting someone is going to be completely ripped off! I cant believed they have carried out the remedial works?
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

To be fair it may well be all legit and all the repairs done.

However, I think anyone considering it would do well to have a chat with Richard first and find out what it failed on and then thoroughly check the repairs have been made properly.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Just wanted to mention while its back in topic that although the sale was finalised with me as the buyer, that was actually a mistake. I didn't actually buy it. RST can confirm that. I believe because I was one of the posting members in the thread this occurred.

I'm going to check it out on eBay now though to see what's what. I had really wanted to buy this car and get it all sorted but financially it wasn't to be on top of my own.
RST

Post by RST »

George -the mods undid the finalise bit, thanks and I put the correct buyer in (duuh on me).

...It was a well known trader on the forums down in Bradford who snapped it up although you'd never know that from the Egadsbay ad.

Hey, it's gone for whatever. I wasn't happy with the car and I always said someone else might well be. It was sold as might be a cheap fix -might not be. For me to have investigated (probably more than most would) I wrote it off.

It's deffo not worth £5k for though LoL. I got it at £4k and to be honest I Never told Fimmo this but I valued it at £3.5 max. But I wanted a weekend project and little bits do do.

...I don't care really but I hope all the sills are good, the cancer bars got fitted, the front top mounts and the rad have been done at that price plus the rear lights sorted / parts included. That issue why we could push the drivers floor pan up a little and the spurious bolt for the seat mount.

Apart from that -totally fair play, it is head turner! Too loud for me with that exhaust though. I'm not knocking his ad totally -there's allot of kit in this car.
mattm117

Post by mattm117 »

Looks like its on Autotrader too.

I'm in the market for a mk2 n/a (I had a new one in '99) but this thread has made me nervous.

Could anyone advise roughly what financial outlay would be needed to replace say both sills?
Davegtst

Post by Davegtst »

Here it is on Autotrader. I was thinking of going to look at it but it's a bit too bright for me. Defiantly glad I didn't now, strange how it got an MOT.

Can't post a link for some reason.
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

This topic is locked as requested by OP.

Regards
IMOC Moderation Team

Return to “Member Profiles”