What a sad sight

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cabbydave1

Re: What a sad sight

Post by cabbydave1 »

chrismanchr

Post by chrismanchr »

I bought a jimi bracket from jimi and it really cleaned up my engine bay what a great little bit of invention ,but I did notice someone selling them for 29.99 on ebay lol what a con man lol

at least if youre gonna sell them secondhand sell them for 15quid !
chrismanchr

Post by chrismanchr »

chrismanchr wrote:I bought a jimi bracket from jimi and it really cleaned up my engine bay what a great little bit of invention ,but I did notice someone that wasnt jimi selling them for 29.99 on ebay lol what a con man lol

at least if youre gonna sell them secondhand sell them for 15quid !

I dont know how I managed to quote my own quote bloody computer lol
cabbydave1

Post by cabbydave1 »

Just off topic Chris Charged has got a wing your after at the same price as the one you were looking at
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

I've got a load of stuff that I just want to get rid of for free

I'm quite happy to let the environmental agency know of this if I had an address...He obviosly doesn't care going around in his Range Rover about air pollution either.
Last edited by SuperRedMR2 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cabbydave1

Post by cabbydave1 »

List it on here or mk1 forum just make sure it goes to someone who needs it and isn't going to sell it on in a couple of weeks. I have bought loads of bits then changed my mind about them a few weeks later
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

Sims has been a member of IMOC for some years

But inactive in recent times

However, he was on here tonight

Presumably having somehow found out that we are talking about him

I may start to think more positively about you when you refund the money for that steering wheel hub Paul :!:

Will PM you my PayPal addy

Will keep members fully informed of progress

Peter
cabbydave1

Post by cabbydave1 »

elbon50 wrote:Sims has been a member of IMOC for some years

I may start to think more positively about you when you refund the money for that steering wheel hub Paul :!:

Peter

Why don't you email him or give him a ring about it ?
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

Bloody hell £98 for the roof spoiler?!

Not trying to sound like abit of a willy or anything but maybe a thinking point to a sticky in this forum to what spares members to have and are willing to trade/swap/give away or whatever?
i mean if got all sorts already ranging from spare crank pulleys, speedo cable inners that i couldn't fit etc etc.
platmatt8 wrote:Lauren has got bigger balls than most men on this site

charged wrote:Mine's probably screaming 'stop raping me' :D
paulsims2001

Post by paulsims2001 »

Hi Elbon
Yes its true I have not been on here for a while and wasnt planning on doing however my son was doing his homework and he put a search in on the internet for his name and my name and it came up on here ! so having nothing better to do on a cold October night I thought I would have a read!
I gather you were the guy that bought the boss on the 4th oct ??In my defence I sent the boss the day after you paid on the 5th with proof of postage however I cant make a claim with royal mail until 14 days have elapsed. So if I send out another one the other one will probably turn up. I have numerous issues with yodel,dhl fedex and royal mail only the other month I sent something first class and it took 2 weeks to arrive in the meantime I sent out a replacement and they ended up getting both parcels .It wasnt worth the hassle of sending out another one I will certainly not leave you out of pocket but ebay /paypal have said that you need to give the couriers/royal mail the time allowed for missing items before I claim or refund/replace.
I always give people the opportunity to contact me ,hence selling on ebay as most people pay by paypal so they have all the rights to claim compensation etc from ebay and paypal and yes I have a few negatives on there but in the main they are all good.
As we all know the buyers have the full protection of ebay which safe guards against missold goods etc. So if there are problems they can be assured they will either get a full refund or another item.
Regards Paul

elbon50 wrote:Sims has been a member of IMOC for some years

Peter
mk1 dal

Post by mk1 dal »

hi , i have never had a problem with Paul at all and i have had may bits of him , i have always found him very help full and goes out of his way to find it for if he hasn't got it , as for Jones he p1$$e$ me off due to fact a lot of them cars could have been put back on the road and enjoyed again by a enthusiast wanting to have ago at restoring a mk1 but he gets in first and they are dead :(. The biggest problem with the mk1 is they are sold far to cheap and are basically ford fiesta money ,the ford rs's had the same problem a few years ago ,the clubs got together and fixed the prices of the cars to a higher level and it worked , these cars are now worth saving due to the value, the mk1 isn't even thought they are a better car .

gary
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mk1 dal wrote:and fixed the prices of the cars to a higher level and it worked , these cars are now worth saving due to the value, the mk1 isn't even thought they are a better car .

gary

Eventually the price will go up, but it will never a be a high value car. It seems to be the way that it's the cars with the racing heritage that seem to be sought after and get the high value. The MK1s lack of any motorsport history is a shame.

Also the cars are nowhere near low in numbers.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

paulsims2001 wrote:Hi Elbon
Yes its true I have not been on here for a while and wasnt planning on doing however my son was doing his homework and he put a search in on the internet for his name and my name and it came up on here ! so having nothing better to do on a cold October night I thought I would have a read!
I gather you were the guy that bought the boss on the 4th oct ??In my defence I sent the boss the day after you paid on the 5th with proof of postage however I cant make a claim with royal mail until 14 days have elapsed. So if I send out another one the other one will probably turn up. I have numerous issues with yodel,dhl fedex and royal mail only the other month I sent something first class and it took 2 weeks to arrive in the meantime I sent out a replacement and they ended up getting both parcels .It wasnt worth the hassle of sending out another one I will certainly not leave you out of pocket but ebay /paypal have said that you need to give the couriers/royal mail the time allowed for missing items before I claim or refund/replace.
I always give people the opportunity to contact me ,hence selling on ebay as most people pay by paypal so they have all the rights to claim compensation etc from ebay and paypal and yes I have a few negatives on there but in the main they are all good.
As we all know the buyers have the full protection of ebay which safe guards against missold goods etc. So if there are problems they can be assured they will either get a full refund or another item.
Regards Paul

I'm not the person you refer to above Paul

I returned the boss to you many moons ago

I sent you my PayPal address

You said you would refund me but I never received the money

I have reminded you about the refund on several occasions

Will PM you the details again

Please refund me without any further delay

Peter
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

and in all fairness, this put me off buying things off you Paul.
platmatt8 wrote:Lauren has got bigger balls than most men on this site

charged wrote:Mine's probably screaming 'stop raping me' :D
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

elbon50 wrote:
Regards Paul

Peter

Peter why don't you just call him?
cabbydave1

Post by cabbydave1 »

pk_090 wrote:and in all fairness, this put me off buying things off you Paul.

I would have thought you would use Paul as hes only a few miles away from you. Alll you would have to do is ring him to see if hes got the part and go and pick it up as hes not a 9-5 type of guy and all the parts are removed from the cars and on the shelf so you can see what your buying. I know i've used him at weekend when I needed a part as he is less than 1 hour away
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:
elbon50 wrote:
Regards Paul

Peter

Peter why don't you just call him?

I've long a go done everything I need to do Alex

Just need the money refunded
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Well he may not come back again for a while and see that.

I don't have notifications of PMs for my email either so he may not see that either.

Emails don't tend to work, as PW still hasn't had his money refunded yet either.

How much was it for Peter?
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

cabbydave1 wrote:Just off topic Chris Charged has got a wing your after at the same price as the one you were looking at

Are you stalking me? :lol:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”