Krish's MR2 - CONVERSION FINISHED - LOVING IT - pg5

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gaz700

Re: Krish's MR2 - CONVERSION FINISHED - LOVING IT - pg5

Post by gaz700 »

how did u know the diff was knackered? bit of a nightmare but all will be good in the end dude!
Krish

Post by Krish »

gaz700 wrote:how did u know the diff was knackered? bit of a nightmare but all will be good in the end dude!

It was Luke who diagnosed the diff. He had already told me there was a clunking sound coming from the rear but hadn't gone for a proper test drive. Now the whole car was sorted he went out for a proper spin and confirmed its the diff #-o

It was a super risky buy since I never went to look at the car. I just bid on the auction and had it towed down to me. When the car arrived the front suspension was damaged so no test drive.

The good news is the rest of the rear clip is in very good nick which is just pure luck 8)

Still excited about getting it back even though I won't have any money left for rent/fuel/food :roll:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

yeah unfortunately the inside wheel is skipping like a mofo.

lovely box going in though.

Car drives perfectly otherwise :thumleft:
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Looks cool so far, very jealous...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
Krish

Post by Krish »

Skywalker wrote:.

Car drives perfectly otherwise :thumleft:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

riot68 wrote:Looks cool so far, very jealous...

Thanks mate. Itching to get behind the wheel!!
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

Its looking good! \:D/

Tomorrow she'll get a shake down, test drive, back on the ramps, and if she passes all the tests you can have her back!

:thumleft:
Krish

Post by Krish »

Car's ready!!!!!!! Will try and collect at some point today. Got 2 bloody meetings now so hopfully sometime late afternoon I'll be back in the 2!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
riot68

Post by riot68 »

:thumleft:
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

and...?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Share :mrgreen:
Krish

Post by Krish »

HighwayStar wrote:and...?

Magic Beans wrote:Share :mrgreen:

OMG!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Where to start.........From Luke's, about 2 minutes after I gave him my life savings :lol:

I got the car back on Friday evening and what an evening it was!!

So I picked the car up from Luke's! I wanted him to take me out for a spin. It's a weird feeling being scared in your own car :shock: As you can imagine I was very impressed. He got the back-end out with such ease in 2nd!!! He got no tank-slapper at all. Gave me some good advice about catching the back-end on these things. My BMW never really got much of a tank slapper with all the weight up front so this is one aspect of my driving I want to sharpen up ASAP

So all sorted at Luke's I was off!

As soon as I got into the drivers seat I was happy. I missed the 2! I missed the driving position, I missed the Rev 5 spoiler in my rear view, finally back my car, and it's a TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started the car and lets get this out the way straight away, it's quite...
I have a HKS Hipower with a gutted cat. It has much deeper start-up note compared to a stock exhaust NA. It's a very satisfying start-up note. My 328 had a nice deep note on start-up but this is even nicer 8)

(Left Luke's and filled up that supreme stuff from the Esso - £20)

So I took the car and drove to Holloway with my mate (Seb) to drop my friends (Shy) car off that I was borrowing. Were dropping off a fiesta so it was cruising back down the M1 doing 70. Gave it a few blasts and it felt nice and tight.

I kept an eye on the temps and all was good. Got to Holloway and Shy was ready, itching to drive my car :-k

Basically I can't say no ](*,) ](*,) There are huge number of reason but mainly because he let me drive his Skyline.... Anyway since it's a 2 seater I let my Seb jump in the passenger while I waited outside his house looking like a right Muppet pacing up and down thinking what have I done :oops:

They get back both with huge smiles on their faces. Shy's properly kicked the crap out of it!!!!! All I'm hearing out of these two is the back-end steps out nicely :evil:

So now we got that favour out the way with it was time to head out. Seb needed to be dropped back to Watford and I needed to go back to MK.

So far I haven't really shifted it too much... This ended as soon as I hit M1.

Drove like a absolute right hand jockey back up to Watford. Got there and I needed fuel :roll:

I only filed up £20 before because I wanted a shell. I put £50 in and set off up the M1 to MK.

I'm loving the torque delivery. I love how its properly holding boost (according to my ass) right up to to redline (well it feels like its starting to tail off just before 7000rpm).

So far so good. Cars feeling very nice. Let me take this opportunity to thanks Luke for what he's done for me. He's gone beyond the simple job-money transaction and produced a work of art. Every issue is fixed that I asked and loads of little touches all over the place.

Right, I come off the M1 at MK and its xxxxxx raining!!! Not hard yet back just a little. Went over to a friends and decided to go for a blast around MK.........

2nd gear is a monster :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you bang the throttle hard out the exit the launch you get is savage!!!!

I know this is probably around stock power and some of you guys got some crazy bhp but xxxxxx hell!!! She's moving!!!!!

Started to get really wet so I backed off a bit. At the moment I've got Michelin Primacy HP's on the back and they are great. Never used them before but there holding the road nicely. In the wet they are better than the toyo t1-r that they replaced (IMO).

Anyway roll on Saturday and I'm working until 3. Managed to blag an hour off work so left at 2 headed down to Luke's to sort out some funny brake light issue that I had.

I think someone should set-up a meet at Luke's because I'm always meeting some great members there!!!! Had a great time catching up with Will and meeting Dimos :thumleft:

I left Luke's and went to Harrow to my cousins. When I thought the day couldn't get any better West Ham are BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like an idiot I left Harrow with all the football traffic heading East as well #-o

What a good test for the charge cooler system :thumleft:

I must have looked like an idiot, every 15 minutes getting out the car, opening the engine lid and touching up the charge .

The outcome.................Nice and cold to touch in a baking engine bay. Thanks again Luke :thumleft:

Yesterday evening was fun. I drove all over London East, North and West London. Killed a ridiculous amount of juice!!!!!

Today all I wanted to do was clean the car. It's properly filthy!!!! This was not going to happen since I had too much running around to do. So off to the hand car wash :?

(Filled up petrol again!!! I had done 180 miles on £50 of vpower at (34.99 litres)

Got the car back and, dried the car properly and went over all the areas they missed out. I spent about 30 minutes cleaning the exhaust. Not bad but loads more to do. There some discolouration on the HKS tailpipe. Any suggestions on how to get that off would be great!

I will be going to the MK meet this weekend so hopefully meet a few more members there. I also need new rear top mounts as the rears sounding horrible at the moment :?

Hopefully the top mounts will be the last spend for a little while!!!!!!!!

OK, can't resist the urge anymore, I'm going for a spin :oldtongue:
Last edited by Krish on Mon May 21, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krish

Post by Krish »

xxxx how can I write so much xxxx without talking about the Dump valve!!!

Its a SARD R2D2 :mrgreen:

I'm super excited because my car is worked on by the Jedi Master himself; Luke Skywalker :mrgreen:

Luke told me he's got it set perfectly and he wasn't wrong!!!

It's got this luurrvvly fluttery thing happening around 2500-3000 and on full boost it's a nice normal type one lol.

It's nice and load so I'm loving being chavtastic at the moment.

Crap I also forgot, my sounds are in and running but I can't be bothered to type any more so another time for that update.
Masacur

Post by Masacur »

Nice story :)
I was showing campus to a friend of mine and saw your car in front of library. When we set of to Xscape in MK it was funny that you pulled out right after me :). Your car was looking good!
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Good to hear it's back and fully weaponised now :thumleft:

I love the HKS Hi Power exhausts. Mine's nice and quiet on idle but makes all the noise it needs when you do the 2nd gear stomping you've recently discovered :D

I hope there's someone attractive in the petrol stations, as you'll be seeing a lot of them :lol:

Enjoy.
Krish

Post by Krish »

Masacur wrote:Your car was looking good!

Thanks mate, I can finally put a face to the car. I'm sure I've seen you a few times on campus! Anyway, hope to catch up soon for that spin in your 2 :thumleft:

Magic Beans wrote:Good to hear it's back and fully weaponised now :thumleft:

I love the HKS Hi Power exhausts. Mine's nice and quiet on idle but makes all the noise it needs when you do the 2nd gear stomping you've recently discovered :D

I hope there's someone attractive in the petrol stations, as you'll be seeing a lot of them :lol:

Enjoy.

Thanks mate. Yep petrol is is a bit ridiculous!! It's actually really good on long runs cruising at legal speeds but around the twisty stuff near uni I just can't help myself. On WOT the things just sucks the fuel away :shock: It's definitely worth it though :twisted:
craig

Post by craig »

Good stuff mate! Enjoy it and take it easy :thumleft:
mr2muzz

Post by mr2muzz »

Nice car! :D i love the excitement in your story ha :thumleft:
Krish

Post by Krish »

RedMR² wrote:Good stuff mate! Enjoy it and take it easy :thumleft:

I will do :thumleft:

mr2muzz wrote:Nice car! :D i love the excitement in your story ha :thumleft:

Thanks mate, I do tend to waffle on a bit 8-[
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

6 months before you decide you want a bigger turbo? ;)
Krish

Post by Krish »

Magic Beans wrote:6 months before you decide you want a bigger turbo? ;)

I'm already wishing I had a boost controller :shock:

The car just feels like its want to push a bit more!!!!!!!

NOOOOO! Can't spend any more cash!!!!!!!!!! #-o

Return to “Member Profiles”