Razor04

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by Razor04 »

My first thought was COD4 lobby screen and red dot sights very similar
still it's a breath of fresh air after black ops
craig

Post by craig »

Been playing this online tonight with a mate from work. Brilliant, just wish there was no camping little bar stewards. :evil:
Ah well, can't have it all. Very playable! :thumleft:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Just trying to level up quick enough to get on hardcore :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:got my FREE copy this morning and jesus im glad i didnt pay for it, it just feels and looks like mw1 just with new perks and maps so its basically a big expansion pack... again....

they seriously need to update the game engine as its just not a patch on bf3 either graphically or game play.

Totally agree.

Been playing it over a mates and it really is nothing more than an expansion pack for MW2. [-X The graphics, sound, fonts and annimations are identical to MW2.

The Guardian and Telegraph papers gave it 100%!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clown: What a complete joke. No game should EVER get 100%, no such thing as a perfect game, definitely not this. Just goes to show how little they know about games and gaming and were paid for their review score.

Decent reviewers like Giant Bomb gave it 8.5/10, saying its a fun game but nothing new and definitely the very last time they can make a COD game like this.

Gamespot and GT said the same thing. Read through a few of the message boards on MW3 reviews and it was just FULL of 8 year olds trash talking eachother about whos got the highest K/D ratio......says it all!

....right....back to Battlefield 3! :twisted:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
craig

Post by craig »

thai boxer wrote:
H3RB wrote:got my FREE copy this morning and jesus im glad i didnt pay for it, it just feels and looks like mw1 just with new perks and maps so its basically a big expansion pack... again....

they seriously need to update the game engine as its just not a patch on bf3 either graphically or game play.

Totally agree.

Been playing it over a mates and it really is nothing more than an expansion pack for MW2. [-X The graphics, sound, fonts and annimations are identical to MW2.

The Guardian and Telegraph papers gave it 100%!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clown: What a complete joke. No game should EVER get 100%, no such thing as a perfect game, definitely not this. Just goes to show how little they know about games and gaming and were paid for their review score.

Decent reviewers like Giant Bomb gave it 8.5/10, saying its a fun game but nothing new and definitely the very last time they can make a COD game like this.

Gamespot and GT said the same thing. Read through a few of the message boards on MW3 reviews and it was just FULL of 8 year olds trash talking eachother about whos got the highest K/D ratio......says it all!

....right....back to Battlefield 3! :twisted:

I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about reviews, I really enjoyed playing it. I think the graphics are better than MW2, as are a lot of features. Like the maps too.

Defo worth a purchase imo!
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

now BF3 has lost all my save data will prob get this just for hacking around on..
its not as pretty as Bf but its plays well..
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

RedMR² wrote:

I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about reviews, I really enjoyed playing it. I think the graphics are better than MW2, as are a lot of features. Like the maps too.

Defo worth a purchase imo!

me and my brother LOVED mw1/mw2 w@w was dire and black ops was great (for a few months) but we also love the battle field series dating back to bf2 on pc. after instally my copy of mw3 today we played it for the whole of an hour before finally giving up (we tried to keep playing but it was just appauling)
with graphics maxed out my pc it just looked like mw1 even sounded the same and the one map with the crashed chopper is just a rip off of Crash from mw1, same colour scheme and building types etc etc.
this game is 5 years younger then mw1 so why the heck does it look, feel, sound and play identicle??
they have almost 2 years to develop a new engine/game but what do they do for 2 years? all sit round a table coming up with new perks and weapon attachments.
this game could be great it just need a serious engine update. Dice managed to whip out an entirely new game 18 months after bad company 2 which looks, sounds, plays and feels 10x different.
fair enough the old saying goes "if it aint broke dont fix it" but surely they could go about changing a few things even if its just bullet physics or adding a damn gun sway whilst you move side to side.
if you love the game then great, but i just dont see how much longer they can get away with just sending out a £40+ add on pack for a five year old game for much longer.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

agree some of the maps are dead ringers for mw1 maps

the range upgrade for the UMP gives it what it was missing in mw2

getting cheesed off with the heartbeat sensor mob now, they keep finding me at my camping spot :lol:

went 12-0 from inside a bush last night finally got took out by a revenger in the end :lol: :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Razor04 wrote:agree some of the maps are dead ringers for mw1 maps

getting cheesed off with the heartbeat sensor mob now, they keep finding me at my camping spot :lol:

went 12-0 from inside a bush last night finally got took out by a revenger in the end :lol: :thumleft:

Simple solution. Stop camping.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

RedMR² wrote:

I agree, campers for me are the people who ruin cod. I just don't see the fun in sitting in the same spot and not moving????

Sad
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

im stuck at 88% on veteran on campaign ](*,)
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

I agree the maps look the same, and it is the same graphics engine.

But they have messed around with gameplay, the maps have been redesigned to stop camping as much and some weapons have been equaled, comando removed etc etc.

But they do need to sort out the graphics engine for the next one though.

I think if I was playing on the same platform i'd be a bit peeved, but this one is a platform change for me.

Storyline on 1player carries off straight from mw2 :thumleft:
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

mikee66 wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

I agree, campers for me are the people who ruin cod. I just don't see the fun in sitting in the same spot and not moving????

Sad

Thats the fun of it! it's about having the wind up, and the messages :lol:
If someone's gotta go to the trouble of typing you a nasty message mid game then you know you've hit the right button. :lol:

Can't wait to unlock the claymores and assassin perk then i can really get the camp on
:twisted:
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Razor04 wrote:
mikee66 wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

Sad

If someone's gotta go to the trouble of typing you a nasty message mid game then you know you've hit the right button. :lol:

Can't wait to unlock the claymores and assassin perk then i can really get the camp on

If annoying people and getting abusive messages is what you are into then bash on.

sad
James

Post by James »

Personally, I was chufed to find that it is like a massive ad on pack to MW2.
Thats just what I hoped it was - the next Modern warfare installment.. as advertised. Not a completely different game to MW2.

They have ironed out off the irritating things the old games had like untouchable camping spots and relentless airstrikes etc

Its sooo much fun and I love the whole ranking up, weapon attachment and perks. Brilliant and never gets old.

Batttlefield 3 is very very good and very polished... but dull compared with MW3 IMHO. I find the controls in Battlefield twitchy too.
I think once i have prestigued in MW3 I may go back to Battlefield 3.

MW3 has me on the end of my seat with a huge grin getting double kills and hearing that ranking up sound during epic battles :twisted:
craig

Post by craig »

Razor04 wrote:
mikee66 wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

Sad

So the only reason you play is to receive abusive messages? Not sure that's the point of the game LOL #-o :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

James wrote:Personally, I was chufed to find that it is like a massive ad on pack to MW2.
Thats just what I hoped it was - the next Modern warfare installment.. as advertised. Not a completely different game to MW2.

They have ironed out off the irritating things the old games had like untouchable camping spots and relentless airstrikes etc

Its sooo much fun and I love the whole ranking up, weapon attachment and perks. Brilliant and never gets old.

MW3 has me on the end of my seat with a huge grin getting double kills and hearing that ranking up sound during epic battles :twisted:

My thoughts exactly, although I don't know if I'll bother with prestige this time around. Pain in the ass having to do it all over again. Is it worth it? :-k
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

yes, when you prestige you get points that you can use to unlock things :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

cartledge_uk wrote:yes, when you prestige you get points that you can use to unlock things :thumleft:

that the "prestige shop"? :-k
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

RedMR² wrote:
cartledge_uk wrote:yes, when you prestige you get points that you can use to unlock things :thumleft:

that the "prestige shop"? :-k

yea, no idea what it is? i'll let you know in 21 more levels :mrgreen:

Return to “Games Consoles”