Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jasongtr

Re: Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

Post by jasongtr »

ah ok
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Tyrant me thinks

One Thread

Rev 3 Parts for sale

or

Breaking Rev 1 2 3 all parts

for the long standing premium member who posts one item for sale within 10hrs its been bumped to page 3 by another seller who has 10+ threads in the first page TBH its unfair and annoying to boot sifting through loads of crap to find the couple of good threads

suggestions taken from other mr2 forums

1. When making a FS post, please include the following:

# Board Name:
# Location:
# Means of Contact:
# Description:
# Price:

2. FS threads need to be clear and to the point.
3. No "testing waters" threads. You're either selling it or you're not.
4. No price = no thread (no OBO threads unless a price is also included)
5. No third-party for sale threads.

6. Do not bump threads. 'Bump' or 'ttt' posts should be removed at the moderators discretion. Do not bump threads you did not start. Bumping can also get your thread deleted. Don't Bump. Here, I'll post it again. DON'T BUMP YOUR FOR SALE THREAD.

7. If you make any comment about the price a person is asking for their parts, your post will be edited/deleted.

8. If you post any negative comments about a person or their parts, your post will be edited/deleted. If you have evidence that this person should not be selling parts on the board, please PM a moderator or contact an admin.

9. If you are going to use this site, take the time to create a proper for-sale thread. Do not just paste a link to another webpage such as ebay or copy and paste from another add. If you do this your thread will be deleted. If you want to post to an eBay link, please use the eBay forum that is provided.

10. Do not repost items in more then one thread.

11. 3 negative feed back seller status may be removed at the discretion of the admin/mods
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

aaaahhhhhh too many rules
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

also i just checked and there are currently 5 days worth of new threads on the 1st page so hardly the 'my thread gets bumped to the 3rd page in 10 hours' is it?
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Rules are a must !!

we would all be getting ripped of by you dodgy traders lol
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

i know but that would be too much, and i wouldnt always think other forums are better, i would never sell anything on mr2oc for the reason it costs per listing and its now an auction style, if i wanted that id use ebay more.

its fine as it is but i do see breakers posting more threads, just today i posted a steering wheel up from a car im breaking an imoc admin person bought it in 10 mins (or thereabouts) its now finalised and done with, would it have sold if it was on the breaking cars section?
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

jasongtr wrote:i know but that would be too much, and i wouldnt always think other forums are better, i would never sell anything on mr2oc for the reason it costs per listing and its now an auction style, if i wanted that id use ebay more.

its fine as it is but i do see breakers posting more threads, just today i posted a steering wheel up from a car im breaking an imoc admin person bought it in 10 mins (or thereabouts) its now finalised and done with, would it have sold if it was on the breaking cars section?

I never go on the oc.co.uk i don't like neons and body-kits :eye:

Its not the problem with the minority selling its the few who break a few cars on a regular basis and list every nut and bolt in separate threads that's the master bates part
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

i break them too, but i dont think im abusing the for sale section, of course i post more threads as i sell more parts but thats it really
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

can we have some input from committee / mods plse

who is in charge of the market place these days is it still jmachling?
uglee

Post by uglee »

I think it's a vicious circle arising out of the breakers using the for sale section all the time for everyday stuff.
When I broke my car 18 months ago I sold virtually all of the car via the breaking page. The reason was there was not a lot of for sale threads containing everyday parts in the usual for sale forum.

Now that the for sale forum is full of breakers punting on a lot of standard parts, readers no longer see the need to browse the breaking section for anything they might need. Hence the cycle continues and the breakers feel the need to advertise in the for sale section to get any exposure.

It did used to be excellent for items been sold by private sellers but the for sale forum is a bit of a mess at the moment. Just needs a few issues addressed implementing probably existing rules. The grey area around private affiliates/company affiliates needs to be sorted IMO. If you make money off this forum you should be affiliated company or no company. I mean seriously how much extra does it cost?
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Maybe the affiliates should get their own thread and have a seperate thread for regular premium members to post items for sale in.
foxy-stoat

Post by foxy-stoat »

There is an affiliates section already, but a private affiliate isnt the same thing. Maybe this should be addressed.
We ALL make mistakes !!! :)
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

foxy-stoat wrote:There is an affiliates section already, but a private affiliate isnt the same thing. Maybe this should be addressed.

100% agree
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

just thought of another idea that may suit everyone.

in the 4 sale section, parts general one, and wheels/tyres (lets face it this seems like a mk2 problem so leave it at that, limit ALL users to a maximum number of threads at any one time like you used to get on MR2OC, theres was 10, so if someone is breaking a car then the main everyday parts go there (still need to address the counting up of feedback gained) but if its a part of interest (leather/nice wheels etc) then it can be placed in the relevant subsection - limit everyone to say 10 threads per section, and put them on a time limit of 30 days so they automatically go after that, it the item didnt sell then they can relist it.

not sure how viable this is from a techie point of view
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

How about splitting the for sale section into stock parts, and modified parts?

Would keep the 'goodies' separate from the rest.....
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

And while on the subject, would it be possible to structure the forum into sub-sections, but in that they are cumulative (I look at for sale, and I see all threads from all sub-cats, but if I descend into the structure to say, Wheels & Tyres, I only see those posts)?
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
foxy-stoat

Post by foxy-stoat »

The 'Parts For Sale' forum is a privilege for Premium Members only. Selling small numbers of parts as a Premium Member is encouraged. Affiliates are not premium members and should post in the Affiliates area:

IMOC-UK Affiliates

If you are making a profit, or planning on advertising here regularly, or you have a 'business' web site address, then:
A forum where Traders can post, advertising products and special offers for IMOC-UK members. If you want to advertise here, please PM one of the Committee

Done.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

i would happily do that but i was told to become what i am. Also my status is a premium member too. And i dont see anyone else on here as a private trader posting on this thread
foxy-stoat

Post by foxy-stoat »

jasongtr wrote:. And i dont see anyone else on here as a private trader posting on this thread

Thats because they are busy bumping their threads !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

I've been trying to get some action on this but TBH not much is happening. So far I personally agree with:

1. Shifting finalised sales out to a dedicated dumping ground (this will be easier to do on the new forum).
2. Moving the breakers sub-forum to the for sale section.
3. Clarifying the private traders posting constraints, but I think the move of the breakers forum may help with that.

We'd rather keep the number of forums/sub forums to a minimum to avoid clutter and confusion but they do seem to be on an ever upward trend. 8-[

Not sure on the technical abilities/constraints of forums so I'm afraid I can't answer those queries. Soz

Return to “Club News and Announcements”