modern warfare 2

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

James

Re: modern warfare 2

Post by James »

I have been playing it single player and loving it, just scared to go online due to all the recent bannings!
so so so tempting tho
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

James wrote:I have been playing it single player and loving it, just scared to go online due to all the recent bannings!
so so so tempting tho

been playing online for the last 3-4 days and im not banned. also if u play single player you still get flaggef so when u do go online u will be banned.
James

Post by James »

thats true abt the single player save. Hmm will see how tempted I am tonight.

Is it good or great online? any fun modes like the old zombie nazis?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

James wrote:thats true abt the single player save. Hmm will see how tempted I am tonight.

Is it good or great online? any fun modes like the old zombie nazis?

spec ops is fun u can do things like snow mobile racing etc quite fun. been playing mainly online in FFA or TDM the 3rd person game mode sucks... u cant even scope in, but you dont unlock it till rank 19.
also one good thing is now you can have a shot gun etc as ur side arm lol but the M16 isnt unlocked until rank 40 :( :( :(
fizz

Post by fizz »

Right... got a call last night from my cousin calling me over for a COD6 evening with a HD projector and 4 control pads. :clap:

Played 4 player death match and then for the last couple of hours we played the one where your in teams and you have to get to the laptop and capture it and then defend it. (cant remember the name of the game)

At first i thought it was pretty much same as COD4 with different weapons and loads more maps but the more you play it you realise you have more things to consentrate on like the weapons drops etc.

A fair bit of our time ended up fighting for these damn things rather than doing the objective which was quite amusing!

Some of the multiplayer maps are HUGE and even when 4 of us were playing, there was always at least 1 person who could hardly find any action! :lol:

Ohh and another thing.. when playing multiplayer on this locally.. you get to build up your multiplayer points to unlock the new ranks etc!

I could have sworn that on the PS3 on COD4 you cant do this? So is this a COD6 thing or Xbox 360 thing?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

fizz wrote:Right... got a call last night from my cousin calling me over for a COD6 evening with a HD projector and 4 control pads. :clap:

Played 4 player death match and then for the last couple of hours we played the one where your in teams and you have to get to the laptop and capture it and then defend it. (cant remember the name of the game)

At first i thought it was pretty much same as COD4 with different weapons and loads more maps but the more you play it you realise you have more things to consentrate on like the weapons drops etc.

A fair bit of our time ended up fighting for these damn things rather than doing the objective which was quite amusing!

Some of the multiplayer maps are HUGE and even when 4 of us were playing, there was always at least 1 person who could hardly find any action! :lol:

Ohh and another thing.. when playing multiplayer on this locally.. you get to build up your multiplayer points to unlock the new ranks etc!

I could have sworn that on the PS3 on COD4 you cant do this? So is this a COD6 thing or Xbox 360 thing?

its a cod 6 thing :thumleft: good tho aint it lol
my mate got killed when a supply drop landed on his head last night lmao. 3rd person is damn fun 2
fizz

Post by fizz »

H3RB wrote:
my mate got killed when a supply drop landed on his head last night lmao. 3rd person is damn fun 2

Ha... i did that myself! lol Got over giddy and paranoid that somone else would steel it so i threw the marker on the floor then stood on it forgetting the box is a bit heavy! #-o :mrgreen:

p.s) in the space of 4 hours i got up to level 14 :)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

fizz wrote:
H3RB wrote:

Ha... i did that myself! lol Got over giddy and paranoid that somone else would steel it so i threw the marker on the floor then stood on it forgetting the box is a bit heavy! #-o :mrgreen:

p.s) in the space of 4 hours i got up to level 14 :)

yeah me and my mate were talking about that last night i was a rank 13 when i turned it on last night and in 5 hours i was a rank 28....
i suppose there are 70 ranks this time but you do get a hell of alot more points in games. i completed the m4 marksman 3 challenge last night and got 5000 points for it :shock:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

my mate got a 25 kill streak last night on ctf on afghan, he got a nuke lmao! its awesome.
the emp is cool too, nocks out your red dots, radar and hud etc
fizz

Post by fizz »

H3RB wrote:my mate got a 25 kill streak last night on ctf on afghan, he got a nuke lmao! its awesome.
the emp is cool too, nocks out your red dots, radar and hud etc

yup.. my cousin was using it at every oppertunity when he found it... A Nuke ehh? If that once you get the kill streak?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

yeah you can set a nuke as ur unlock for 25 kills :thumleft:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

got it today for ps3, no trophy support yet:( been playin online most the morning and its full of damn french people!! lol
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Anyone know what resolution this runs at? CoD4 was 720p, CoD5 was 1080p =P~

Just upgraded the delivery on my order from Super Saver to First Class (if there is such a thing in the UK) \:D/
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

back of my ps3 case says 1080p :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

H3RB wrote:back of my ps3 case says 1080p :thumleft:

Hmm, back of the case is often useless info.
Both CoD4 and IL Sturmovik both say "HD 720p 1080i 1080p", and yet in reality one is 720p and other is 1080p ](*,)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

JohnnyC wrote:

Both CoD4 and IL Sturmovik both say "HD 720p 1080i 1080p", and yet in reality one is 720p and other is 1080p ](*,)

ok well when playing on my tv if i press info it says 1080p
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

H3RB wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

:thumleft: \:D/
Normally I don't like 1080p as framerate usually suffers, but CoD5 tends to run at full 60 frames per second :clap:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

JohnnyC wrote:
H3RB wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

Normally I don't like 1080p as framerate usually suffers, but CoD5 tends to run at full 60 frames per second :clap:

my mate was here a few mins ago and said how crisp and nice it looks, he didnt want it untill he saw me playing now he's gone to buy it lol
fizz

Post by fizz »

H3RB wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
H3RB wrote:

my mate was here a few mins ago and said how crisp and nice it looks, he didnt want it untill he saw me playing now he's gone to buy it lol

hehe... i wasnt too fussed about it till i tried it on the 360. Now im contemplating buying it. Can you tell me if you prefer it on the 360 or the PS3?
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

I dont know much about computer games, but my brother recieved his genuine copy of this game, which is early than the release date, so he phoned microsoft to see if he is allowed to play it and they told him that he will get banned if he does, regardless of wether he plays online or not. They told him to wait till the release date.

Return to “Games Consoles”