Mr smooth in his Boxster

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

matt_mr2t

Re: Mr smooth in his Boxster

Post by matt_mr2t »

Tbh, if I had the cash and I thought it would score me some poon tang I would buy a Boxter.
jamiesi

Post by jamiesi »

:lol: @ poon tang
CM1GT

Post by CM1GT »

matt_mr2t wrote:Tbh, if I had the cash and I thought it would score me some poon tang I would buy a Boxter.

on a completely random note is it just me or does driving an mr2 score you nil poon tang, don't think i've ever got an admirable look from a member of the opposite sex when out in mine :(

Although this could be because its loud and pink :lol:
jamiesi

Post by jamiesi »

CM1GT wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:Tbh, if I had the cash and I thought it would score me some poon tang I would buy a Boxter.

on a completely random note is it just me or does driving an mr2 score you nil poon tang, don't think i've ever got an admirable look from a member of the opposite sex when out in mine :(

its because it hasnt got any back seats :wink: :lol:
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

jamiesi wrote:
CM1GT wrote:

its because it hasnt got any back seats :wink: :lol:

Who needs back seats when you've got your own place and a double bed? :wink:

Mine provided a good talking point with my missus (now wife of 3 1/2 years...even if it did make her feel sick on the first date when I opened it up properly 8-[ ). Can't credit the car with anything but it certainly wasn't a minus point despite the sickness issue.
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

I feel a little sorry for the original poster. The poor guy was just posting a light hearted driving experience and suddenly everyone's on his back for being a jealous Porsche hating cheapskate that drives an old Japanese banger because he can't afford or know anything better.

What is so hard to believe about the fact that he actually prefers driving an MR2 because he just loves the car?

I bet there are loads of MR2 owners that could have bought a used Boxster out of the money they spent on modifying their MR2 and still have change left over :lol:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Kongaroo wrote:I feel a little sorry for the original poster. The poor guy was just posting a light hearted driving experience and suddenly everyone's on his back for being a jealous Porsche hating cheapskate that drives an old Japanese banger because he can't afford or know anything better.

What is so hard to believe about the fact that he actually prefers driving an MR2 because he just loves the car?

I bet there are loads of MR2 owners that could have bought a used Boxster out of the money they spent on modifying their MR2 and still have change left over :lol:

Cheers, seems there are still a few good lads on this forum and a few have posted on 'my side' if you like who have a genuine passion for the cars.

I could understand if I was actually 'jealous' or better still, not having driven one, but after having to good runs in them I really am not impressed. The MR2 feels more planted and I love the style of the ride and I believe even in standard form around a track it would be every bit as competative as the Boxster. For my age i've driven plenty of performance cars so I can even compare it to other cars not just the MR2.

It is the same people that try to bring people down when posting in this section with stories similar to mine, and I too have felt for the guys posting them. If it's so hard to believe, why don't you do something posative with your life rather than sitting at your computer watching posts your not interested about? In my eyes, that's the highest order of sadness..

I have a mate who brings in a VERY tidy sum with his own business and he too chooses a modified MR2 and a rear engined mini as toys and said he wouldn't drive a Boxster he agrees with me, in that it's performance and looks simply don't do the badge any justice and that it feels like a barbie and ken car.
steve b

Post by steve b »

CM1GT wrote:

When I had a Zircon Blue my Mrs liked it, also had comments from her friends about how great the car looked.

My current White one I prefer, the Mrs says shouts "chav" and the only comment from one of her friend has been negative, along the lines of arn't white cars hard to sell... :(
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
steve b

Post by steve b »

mr2nut123 wrote:[, why don't you do something posative with your life rather than sitting at your computer watching posts your not interested about?

I do, I save peoples lives daily, I'm a highly specialized scientist who treats people with cancer for a living.

Anyway...

Tell me, MR2's, have you owned MR2s long? Have you had many? Have you done a lot of work on yours? Any home brew mods? Map it yourself? Put the elbow grease in? Inspired others?

You seem to think i'm not an enthusiast, so I just want to know your "qualifications" as such, to being a "higher" enthusiast or whatever you believe yourself to be and we (Myself, Michael, Lauren) to not be at your level.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Azz

Post by Azz »

and we (Myself, Michael, Lauren) to not be at your level.

Oh no he has got the mods on his sdie your DOOOOOOMED!!! :mrgreen:

I know how you feel, i could safley say, put an Aston martin DB9 or Ferrari F355 infront of me and tell me i had to swap my RX7 for one (but i couldent sell it to by another RX7) i would not part with it.

I honestly wouldent.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

mr2nut123 wrote:The MR2 feels more planted and I love the style of the ride and I believe even in standard form around a track it would be every bit as competative as the Boxster.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

My now ex girlfriend got interested in me because of the zircon 2. She loved it more than i did (because she didn't have to pay the bloody petrol)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

steve b wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:[, why don't you do something posative with your life rather than sitting at your computer watching posts your not interested about?

I do, I save peoples lives daily, I'm a highly specialized scientist who treats people with cancer for a living.

Anyway...

Tell me, MR2's, have you owned MR2s long? Have you had many? Have you done a lot of work on yours? Any home brew mods? Map it yourself? Put the elbow grease in? Inspired others?

You seem to think i'm not an enthusiast, so I just want to know your "qualifications" as such, to being a "higher" enthusiast or whatever you believe yourself to be and we (Myself, Michael, Lauren) to not be at your level.

How is my comment saying your not an enthusiast exactly?! :?

I've carried out all mods on my car including a CT20 downpipe, induction kit, exhaust etc. and help out quite a few mates with MR2s all the time with advice and the actual work, so not quite sure what your getting at here either.

Lets just end this stupid post here....I prefer MR2s to Boxsters and quite a few other cars out there......THE END :roll:
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

mr2nut123 wrote:[I prefer MR2s to Boxsters and quite a few other cars out there

(i do too)
CM1GT

Post by CM1GT »

no back seats, classy girl who looks for that in a car :D

Don't think a car has ever helped me with a girl although i've had a few who were impressed with my private plate, current girlfriend doesn't like me driving her around in the mr2, apparently the seats are a pain to get into and i drive like a t*t when i'm in it, to be honest i make her right 8)
jamiesi

Post by jamiesi »

CM1GT wrote:no back seats, classy girl who looks for that in a car :D

Don't think a car has ever helped me with a girl although i've had a few who were impressed with my private plate, current girlfriend doesn't like me driving her around in the mr2, apparently the seats are a pain to get into and i drive like a t*t when i'm in it, to be honest i make her right 8)

well i live in bognor regis so theres no classy birds here :lol:
CM1GT

Post by CM1GT »

ah the wonders of the english coast, really must make a return to southend one saturday night
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

michael wrote:
mcoppen wrote:Problem is though if your not buying it for the badge what are you buying it for?

What would you have for the money?

I think the list price of my C6 is about the same as the Porsche. Before you get options on the Porsche. Like paint. Or seats.

I considered a Cayman really, really hard before deciding to go for the calm, relaxing route for driving - but the £40K Cayman became nearly £80K when I'd added the good stuff! Anyone who says they don't depreciate is failing to take into account that the used ones have insane amounts of extra kit on them :)
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

CM1GT wrote:

Most interest I've had from girls because of my car (as opposed to my huge... nevermind) was when I had a VW New Beetle cabrio. Possibly the gayest car in the world apart from the StreetKa or Mini Cabriolet.

The RX8 on the other hand only got me one. BUT, she's a keeper ;)
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

Carrera GT - yes.

All the others look like frogs with wheels for legs...or is that just me?

Return to “Driving Experiences”