[Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Post by Ryan S »

nuttasie wrote:was the stripe just a sticker as thats what put me off telling the inlaw to get them as thought the stripe looked to chavvy on white wheels.

it was paint, that's how they come out the factory :( i also hate the stripe.
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

that sucks,been trying to convince him to get rota gtr's but he ay havin it(cost) #-o
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nuttasie wrote:that sucks,been trying to convince him to get rota gtr's but he ay havin it(cost) #-o

just paint over the red stripe bud :thumleft:
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

sheppy wrote:Cheers man, i wish i could get a proper pic, the pearl flip doesn't photograph well at all :(

What is the colour? It reminds me of Joe's 2 (gt4mayhems) which was sprayed a lambo yellow if I remember correctly, photographs wouldn't do his justice either.
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

madbasshunter wrote:
sheppy wrote:Cheers man, i wish i could get a proper pic, the pearl flip doesn't photograph well at all :(

What is the colour? It reminds me of Joe's 2 (gt4mayhems) which was sprayed a lambo yellow if I remember correctly, photographs wouldn't do his justice either.

it's renault liquid yellow man, i have a mate with a bright yellow GT4, massive bodykit all blended in etc....not sure what yellow his is though :-k
Torero

Post by Torero »

Hellfire Sheppy that is amazing!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: worth waiting for but don't stress too much over the little bits that you find, most things can be touched up quite easily after the spraying is done and ypu'd be surprised at the effect polishing has on on flat and rough areas.

Just the same matey it looks awesome. :thumleft:
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Torero wrote:Hellfire Sheppy that is amazing!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: worth waiting for but don't stress too much over the little bits that you find, most things can be touched up quite easily after the spraying is done and ypu'd be surprised at the effect polishing has on on flat and rough areas.

Just the same matey it looks awesome. :thumleft:

Cheers man, yeah you're right, i was actually thinking that today, it's a nice modern paint too so it'll be easy to colour match, everyone seems to love it, i have pretty strange taste with mods and cars, i like the JDM kind of look, i think i got it right with this though, i was worried about the bolts i chose to hold on the kit, they are anodised blue but everytime i see them i'm so glad i picked them :)

Loooooving it without a spoiler too!! Thinking of just leaving it like that!

Thanks again for the kind comments :)
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

Sheepy i would protection clear wrap the front bumper and lip asap i found stone chips will get bad within weeks due to it being fibre glass. I had to respray my front as it was soo bad after some motorway drives in the rain it looked like black with white poker dots
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah it's very very brittle eh? I wouldn't mind the front end in something a bit more flexible :(
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

Wat i found is... if u blend/join the arches to the bumpers they will crack along the gap over time best thing is to keep them apart not blend them in and the clear protective wrap really stop any damage to the front bumper... i was considering clear wraping the whole car maybe a bit ott
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

QUOC2008 wrote:Wat i found is... if u blend/join the arches to the bumpers they will crack along the gap over time best thing is to keep them apart not blend them in and the clear protective wrap really stop any damage to the front bumper... i was considering clear wraping the whole car maybe a bit ott

yeah I've not blended them, I much prefer the riveted on look :D
gerbil1028

Post by gerbil1028 »

Hi sheppy how much lower than standard is the front lip.
One day the Phoenix will rise from the ashes.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

gerbil1028 wrote:Hi sheppy how much lower than standard is the front lip.

Nowhere near as low as you'd think, the standard lip comes off to fit this too, I reckon about 20mm?? If that :thumleft:
gerbil1028

Post by gerbil1028 »

So there's a chance I may still get down driveway.
One day the Phoenix will rise from the ashes.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

gerbil1028 wrote:So there's a chance I may still get down driveway.

I can't get in my driveway but mine is way steep, i can get over speedhumps without issue though :thumleft:

My car is also lowered 30mm, I'll measure the exact distance between the lip and the ground for you today.it's not so much the height it's the distance from the wheels that's the issue for me with my driveway. actually, i have 2 driveways, the shallower of the 2 is no issue.

Return to “Modifications”