[Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Post by Ryan S »

synXero wrote::lol: This is comedically bad as I've just been summoned out for dinner so I've had to rush it! But here's your liquid yellow Ab Flug :lol: :lol:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283 ... 2742f6.jpg

hahaha, great effort man!! probably the only liquid yellow on I'll see in a long time!!!!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

sheppy wrote:
synXero wrote:Super xxxx dubious mate.

Prepay in full, wait months, come down and see a last minute spray job.

Nah.

Yeah feeling very much as though that's what's happened :( not sure what to do about, do i bite my tounge and wait another week? Or do I pull the plug on it? I've said i will give until Tuesday for now anyway, I've also asked for pictures when it's gettimg painted tonight.

No point in pulling the plug now Sheppy, weather is about to take a turn for the worse, damage is done, just hope he gets his finger out and gets it completed by Tuesday, (probably will as car is taking up valuable space now).
If not, just continue to hassle until complete, once done I would put in writing about how upset you are about all the bull$h1t you have been fed and the amount of time it has taken, if he is a half decent guy he will see the error of his ways and give you a partial refund, if not, "google" is your friend :wink:

Looking forward to the pics, what spoiler did you go for in the end, I have the wide arches but they aren't fitted yet however I really like the rev 5 spoiler on this kit :wink:

I can post a quick picture so you get a rough idea if you want

:-k
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Martin F wrote:
sheppy wrote:
synXero wrote:Super xxxx dubious mate.

Prepay in full, wait months, come down and see a last minute spray job.

Nah.

Yeah feeling very much as though that's what's happened :( not sure what to do about, do i bite my tounge and wait another week? Or do I pull the plug on it? I've said i will give until Tuesday for now anyway, I've also asked for pictures when it's gettimg painted tonight.

No point in pulling the plug now Sheppy, weather is about to take a turn for the worse, damage is done, just hope he gets his finger out and gets it completed by Tuesday, (probably will as car is taking up valuable space now).
If not, just continue to hassle until complete, once done I would put in writing about how upset you are about all the bull$h1t you have been fed and the amount of time it has taken, if he is a half decent guy he will see the error of his ways and give you a partial refund, if not, "google" is your friend :wink:

Looking forward to the pics, what spoiler did you go for in the end, I have the wide arches but they aren't fitted yet however I really like the rev 5 spoiler on this kit :wink:

yeah I'm thinking that too mate, even if he has it for another weeks or so I'd be as well waiting it out now :( I went for a gay wing, I'm contemplating having custom brackets made up for it as it's a bit higher than i wanted, I wanted it to look as much like the real abflug as possible, I do really really like the TRD spoiler with this kit.

Fire up as many pics as you like man, that's what it's all about, to be honest I;ve never been that bothered about cosmetics so I don't really have a particular taste :(
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

sheppy wrote:
Martin F wrote:
sheppy wrote:

Fire up as many pics as you like man, that's what it's all about, to be honest I;ve never been that bothered about cosmetics so I don't really have a particular taste :(

Until now, otherwise your car wouldn't be in the garage :twisted: , :wink:

Here are a few, probably to late to sway you but Hey Ho, they won't hurt...

here is a pic with 25mm spacers fitted, thanks to this thread I now realise they are far to thin #-o

Will your spacers still be ok for 400+ bhp ? , straight line blast mostly... :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

looking good man, I'm not sure but they are one piece billet, I can't see why they'd not be able to take mass amounts of torque, a lot of the drift guys use massive spacers some of them even double stack them :shock:

I have 60mm on the rear on a 7inch wide wheel and i reckon they could do with coming out at least another 20mm, I wouldn;t recommend 80mm spacers to anyone though!!! Although the company do make them. I think they do up to 100mm.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

sheppy wrote:
I have 60mm on the rear on a 7inch wide wheel and i reckon they could do with coming out at least another 20mm, I wouldn;t recommend 80mm spacers to anyone though!!! Although the company do make them. I think they do up to 100mm.

Think I need to do a bit more research, really want the wide arches but not willing to spend 2k on wheels and tyres. So for me it's either the wide arches or spacers :(

I did a 2 year course in college years ago for vehicle accident repair, welding and spray painting, To fit that body kit and respray your car should have been done easily in a week, 7 months is a joke... feel for you dude :(
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

ah yeah man, I've no doubt the turnaround time is slow haha.

have a look on the driftworks forum man, lots of guys running them on there, they are just so daunting to look at :( also, have a look at the stuff that driftworks actually sell, they do proper sized wheels at really reasonable prices!!
They sell them individually as well, my plan was to buy a wheel per month so as to not alert the missus to around 4-5k going missing all at once (wheels, bodykit and painting) :) My spacers are deffo temporary. although, maybe once i;ve done some silly stuff in the car without issue i'll change my mind, really opens up what kind of wheels you can use too.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Just a thought. If you opted for hub converters, which could be much more slight than these giant spacers, you could fit much cheaper oem alloys from other manufacturers.

Corvette rear wheels are 11" wide. Viper rears are 13". Some BMWs have seriously wide rims, X6 M6 M3 et al. Not all of these are terribly expensive second hand!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

synXero wrote:Just a thought. If you opted for hub converters, which could be much more slight than these giant spacers, you could fit much cheaper oem alloys from other manufacturers.

Corvette rear wheels are 11" wide. Viper rears are 13". Some BMWs have seriously wide rims, X6 M6 M3 et al. Not all of these are terribly expensive second hand!

what's a hub adapter?? I thought they were things to change the PCD?? if it is the things i'm thinking of they are very much the same as giant spacers :)
synXero

Post by synXero »

Yeah exactly those (although you can change hubs too but that's a massive ball ache and too permanent). They are like bolt on spacers but less massive than the 80mms you're talking about (I reckon).

Probably a useless idea.
Lee H

Post by Lee H »

Just read this from start to finish. I'd be majorly disappointed with the amount of parts still on the car and just masked off. Professionals don't do that. It a few minutes to remove indicators, wing mirrors etc.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah, oddly the last time i seen it all the lights were removed, not just the rears, so i've no explanation as to why they're back :-k

The last few weeks have been very dissapointing, as i said before i've been using the bike so the mr2 wasn't even thought about, then it started getting cold on the bike so stared using my volvo, that's when the realisation came about that my mr2 should have been finshed and i shouldn't be knocking about in a diesel estate without my 2 dogs in the boot!!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

synXero wrote:Yeah exactly those (although you can change hubs too but that's a massive ball ache and too permanent). They are like bolt on spacers but less massive than the 80mms you're talking about (I reckon).

Probably a useless idea.

Yeah Calum, the spacers really are a horrible horrible massive chunk of metal :(. I actually thought about painting them. i'll be in the market for new wheels once i get the car back :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Well, no update as usual, no pics or anything, going down there on tuesday, if it's not painted then I'm taking the car elswhere, I'll give him a couple of days to get it unmasked and get the wheels back on etc then i'll be taking it away with a full refund.

Completely sick of this whole debacle now :(
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

if he hasn't cut the front wings then I'm sorry but he's missing the point of fitting the flares. Doesn't matter how much time he's spent on the job, if that job isn't what he was asked to do then he's not due a penny.

This thread, is how you fit flares and he built his entire car quicker than your painter. The post is some info and pic of the front flares, 240z flares but you get the gist of it http://www.mr2.com/forums/threads/84610 ... ost1041211
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

This is why I'm convinced that I need to learn how to do body and paintwork myself :lol: It's an expensive field, and it would prevent all the 'professionals' from making a mess if I do the job myself, as I'd do it meticulously!

Also been screwed around by a bodyshop, sorry to hear of the problems you're having :( Just seems that it's VERY difficult to find somebody with skill and pride in their work these days when it comes to paint. They want the money for a professional job but cut corners wherever possible, which is a massive disappointment when you're trying to make something special! Especially when they take the p*ss with completion times.

I've gone with Abflug arches too, they look sweet :D I had the original arches all cut out before the flares were smoothed on and the whole lot was painted - this is important because obviously the fresh-cut arches will happily rot from the inside if they haven't been painted or sealed :pale:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Thankfully the rear arches are welded and sealed very very well, that's something i did pay particular attention to yesterday, definitely confident with that aspect of his work so far. Albeit the only thing i have confidence with :(
nuttasie

paint

Post by nuttasie »

Bloody hell, I keep checking on this hoping to see finished pics as really looking forward to seeing it finished. Looks like he has decided to cut alot of corners bud, god knows why the bump strips,indicators,door top window seals mirrors,rear side windows etc are still on the car mate.those kind of item only ussually get left on when they are trying to bang the car out quick and easy, which shouldn't be the case how long his had your motor. I would ask him nicely why they are on b4 he proceeds any further.

And not cutting the arches is either gonna shread your tyres or xxxx you wings up, well unless the front archs don't make your car any wider,just look wider due to shape????
As for wheels my mille miglia were of a mitsu 3000gt and fill the arches just right.
Hope he takes all them trims of b4 any further painting but doubt it.really feel for ya bud #-o .
Last edited by nuttasie on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Oh and the coat is usually called a guide coat which is put on light which you rub down to find the highs n lows during body prep.base is paint then clear coat but suppose everyone as there own sayings but that looked to full on to be a guide coat.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

as has been said by a couple of peeps, your front wings will cut the tyres and afterwards the wings won't be in a clever state either. To make the most of those extensions the front wings must be cut clear otherwise the tyre will hit metal. I doubt very much cutting the wings is a 30 minute job otherwise rocket boy would have done it himself. The fronts are very different from the rears since stock they are flared more than you think. See the post I had earlier and read the guys bodywork efforts.

Not trying to rain on your parade Sheppy but also don't want you getting more problems added to your current ones. Hope you get it sorted to the way you want and the way your car needs to be to work properly :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”