Japfest 2013 - ***BOOKINGS CLOSED***

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sk8gom

Re: Japfest 2013 - ***BOOKINGS CLOSED***

Post by sk8gom »

My post doesn't come until nearly 2pm so I can tell you now that I wont have it by 12 tomorrow lol.

I'm prepared to go to their offices tomorrow morning and pick up a replacement, or replacements if anyone else want me to go get theirs, (should the organisers be happy with this of course)

So if we can sort this out with them before your contact is out of the office that would be great..

I#ll pm you my reg now..

im desperate now and from what the bloke in the sorting office said I will not be getting mine before Saturday.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Lauren wrote:If there are still problem on the day, Karl I'll try and help the best I can.

Thank you for your efforts, very much appreciated. :+:

Thank you. Maybe just a shoulder to cry on after this is sorted out would be appreciated! :lol:

I am down to a very low amount of people that haven't received tickets now so it should be relatively painless to sort out tomorrow if they still don't turn up.

Once everyone has had a postal run tomorrow I will phone the Japfest organizer and sort out a contingency plan :thumleft:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

sk8gom wrote:My post doesn't come until nearly 2pm so I can tell you now that I wont have it by 12 tomorrow lol.

I'm prepared to go to their offices tomorrow morning and pick up a replacement, or replacements if anyone else want me to go get theirs, (should the organisers be happy with this of course)

So if we can sort this out with them before your contact is out of the office that would be great..

I#ll pm you my reg now..

im desperate now and from what the bloke in the sorting office said I will not be getting mine before Saturday.

Attend your local delivery office tomorrow morning, as it would be delivered there first before a card is sent out

I don't know what contingency the Japfest organizers will be putting in place, so don't start picketing outside their offices until I have spoken to them. This will not be until midday/early afternoon though to allow for another postal run for most people :thumleft:

Thank you - I want the reg just in case they need it to allow those without tickets entry at the gate

KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

I have taken the day off of work tomorrow in order to sort this out as best as I can

sk8gom

Post by sk8gom »

sorry for the bombardment karl.... just I've been looking forward to japfest for about 364 days since the last one. and been busting a gut to get my car done, spent lots of money, ditched the girlfriend day after day working on her all for it to look like I aint going lol. So apologies again but I cant help but worry... I'm a worrier. I literally haven't been able to think about anything else all week lol :oops:

I knew that asking for a number would not have resulted in any thing but worth a shot... you never know.

I've booked tomorrow off work so if there is a solution that they come up with that entails replacements that need collecting i'm up for it. although obviously them just giving the gate staff a few regs would be much easier lol.

I've pmd you my reg now
wood_patrick

Post by wood_patrick »

Just a thought to one of your last comments when you mentioned that the post doesn't come until 2pm...

Even if the postman comes at 2pm, he will only be bringing a slip to say its at the post office anyway. Chances are (if you're passing for work, etc) that it will be there from very early morning if it is gonna be there. *If* you do go to the post office to see if its there though, you will need to take some ID as thats the only way to verify your address without the slip that they post anyway. Personally, I would take licence, passport, bank letter, etc, etc (probably a bit overkill) just to be safe. :)

hth.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

wood_patrick wrote:Just a thought to one of your last comments when you mentioned that the post doesn't come until 2pm...

Even if the postman comes at 2pm, he will only be bringing a slip to say its at the post office anyway. Chances are (if you're passing for work, etc) that it will be there from very early morning if it is gonna be there. *If* you do go to the post office to see if its there though, you will need to take some ID as thats the only way to verify your address without the slip that they post anyway. Personally, I would take licence, passport, bank letter, etc, etc (probably a bit overkill) just to be safe. :)

hth.

+1 - attend your delivery office with ID tomorrow morning :thumleft:

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

D4N_V_U has probably had a ticket delivered but hasn't been home in a week to see (could you not get someone to go to your delivery office on your behalf??)

No I can`t unfortunately mate, I live alone and my GF is 14 miles away, parents are miles away from where I live, most of my friends are at work during the day or live miles away too! I had thought about trying to get someone down the post office but there`s nobody who can make it for me.

At the end of the day my car isn't finished anyway and I wont have it back this weekend, I know this for sure. So nevermind. Would have been good if I could have sold my ticket on though. Even if someone just gave me a tenner for it and then Japfest could take a reg at the gate, or even give it to someone for free to make use of and they can get in so it doesn't get wasted.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

If I get replacement tickets tomorrow that might be a possibility to still sell your ticket... If they take vehicle registrations though it would be a no go...

I will keep you updated :thumleft:

sk8gom

Post by sk8gom »

Third time lucky!!!!!! =)
My third trip to the sorting office this morning and they managed to find my ticket as it had come to them overnight.

Still no card about it (not that that matters now) but no doubt that will turn up on Monday once it's been processed by them lol.

wood_patrick wrote:Just a thought to one of your last comments when you mentioned that the post doesn't come until 2pm...

hth.

Thanks I took your advise and took 2 pieces of i.d, this time as I had only taken one the first two times I went searching for it... they were fine with just one but like you said better to be safe.

So Karl thanks for putting up with my daily panicking... you could quite easily told me to go do one n it wasn't your problem... so thanks again for sticking it out!

I hope every one else who is waiting for tickets either gets them today or that Karl is able to sort something with the organisers!

i'm now off to finish getting my car ready! lets hope the weather stays good!
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

That's great news - I'm really pleased for you!! :thumleft:

There's very very few people (around 3 I think) who currently don't have their tickets although that may change with some trips to Royal Mail collection offices \:D/

See you tomorrow :thumleft:

If anyone else doesn't have their tickets by midday after visiting the royal mail please write below:

sk8gom

Post by sk8gom »

I REALLY hope the reaming 3 get theirs too :D

Are you still coming without your MR2 then?
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Yes, I am going. I will be a passenger in Jack's TRD
He is giving me a lift down there... and hopefully home again after! :lol:

KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

sk8gom wrote:I REALLY hope the reaming 3 get theirs too :D

Me too :pray:

KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Spoken to the Japfest organizers all day today
Situation resolved for those of you who don't have tickets

Dan and mk2mattw you have PMs incoming

sk8gom

Post by sk8gom »

KarlBristol wrote:Spoken to the Japfest organizers all day today
Situation resolved for those of you who don't have tickets

Dan and mk2mattw you have PMs incoming

Nice one Karl, good work!
:clap:

See you tomorrow
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

Just thinking do we not have actual tickets is it just the hanger?
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

4ndee wrote:Just thinking do we not have actual tickets is it just the hanger?

The hanger is a club ticket/stand pass so that the marshalls can just wave you in. It has all been re-designed this year. There is no specific tickets for clubs this year

Tickets are for members of the public only now :thumleft:

If you read the A4 document attached to the green hanger it explains it all;

"The pass is your entry into the event ... The pass allows entry for you and up to 3 passengers" etc...

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Guys if anyone needs a ticket I have one now due to a solution sorted by Karl and the organisers of Japfest. Cheers again Karl hopefully I can find someone to make use of it.
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Get loads of photos for us boring sods, doing DIY et al this weekend.

:thumleft:

Return to “Past Events”