[Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ICEMAN

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Post by ICEMAN »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:Mark - what about a Corolla 1.6 GTI ?

1991 TOYOTA Corolla 1.6 gti (private)

70,000 miles
BLACK
H reg (1991)
H reg. 70000 miles, Black, 2 Owners from new, 12 Months MoT, Good Condition, Radio, Genuine reason for sale.. £1,200.

I had one as my first car - revs so freely and handles fantastically !
I could easily go round corners at lightspeed in mine - with just uprated springs and carlos fandango wide wheels :thumleft: :lol:

Great choice :thumleft: A real fun car with a strong engine. Had to sell mine as the bodywork was falling apart :mrgreen:
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

Just watched the video of that saxo at santapod...can someone tell me who owns that white MR2? it did a 1/4 in sub 10?? hehe...the real big boys keep quiet about the mental motors don't they :)
splintermcinnes

Post by splintermcinnes »

nice vid, poo saxo, but that MR2 absolutly creamed him!!! :mrgreen: nice bit of kit, liked the sound of the engine.

as for the corrola, nice too, there seems to be a few sporty little hatche's in the TOYOTA family! :shock:
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I had a girlfriend for 4 months and she never even came in my room lol.

practice then mate - they make funny noises when they do :oldtongue:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

splintermcinnes wrote:nice vid, poo saxo, but that MR2 absolutly creamed him!!! :mrgreen: nice bit of kit, liked the sound of the engine.

as for the corrola, nice too, there seems to be a few sporty little hatche's in the TOYOTA family! :shock:

Agreed, makes you wonder what could be achived by throwing 10k at a Tubby hey? :-k
splintermcinnes

indeed, what sort of figurs could you expect throwing 10k at a mk2 rev3+?

How much, ball park figures, did mr edwards spen on his beast??
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I had a girlfriend for 4 months and she never even came in my room lol.

Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Surely it depends massively on your application. Are we talking track setup or drag setup or a compromise of both?
EarL

Post by EarL »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:Agreed, makes you wonder what could be achived by throwing 10k at a Tubby hey? :-k

Not exacyly 10k (a little more than that), but have a look at my garage. :wink:

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
splintermcinnes

all rounder. one you could use everyday.

mine had bout 6000 spent on it in total that includes everything inside, and out. something was well wrong with the set up though, as it only managed 177 at the wheels running 12psi! there was some nice stuff on it, mainly bought by the previous owner, just didnt all work together!! i have now ended up melting the bloody engine in order to go for V6 power!! :mrgreen:
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

splintermcinnes

Earl, i have just seen your alloys - and did a bit of a sex wee!!!!! :oops: :mrgreen:

where did you gat them from? they are exactly what im looking for, seen a set from AXIS on a US site with a white rim, which will prob go with my car better, but yours are amazing. :thumleft:
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

It cost me close to 10k to get 380hp at the hubs from my mr2...great fun but to me, in retrospect, money not well spent lol as now I want to sell the car and I'm asking less than that for the full car :(

Another reason for cheap track motoring...buy an ep82, spend 5k on it (my budget) get around 300hp from the engine in a shell that weighs around 800kg, no grip, but great fun as the torque steer snaps my arms off. But sell it on and get around 3-4k for it on pistonheads ;)

Just buy my 2 Mark..it's even black. :whistle:
EarL

Post by EarL »

splintermcinnes wrote:Earl, i have just seen your alloys - and did a bit of a sex wee!!!!! :oops: :mrgreen:

where did you gat them from? they are exactly what im looking for, seen a set from AXIS on a US site with a white rim, which will prob go with my car better, but yours are amazing. :thumleft:

Cheers mate. :thumleft:

They're SSR SP1 Professors. I got them form Gareth at Envy Performance. Not cheap, but then decent Jap wheels never are. Well light though.

EarL.

Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

LOL at some peoples idea of cheap. :mrgreen:

Mark has the right idea, cheap motoring in the n/a EP91. A few choice mods just to keep me occupied and i'll be happy for now.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
splintermcinnes

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55727

i refer to my post near the bottom!! top fun cars! :mrgreen:

now that is cheap!
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

redeye32uk

Post by redeye32uk »

Mark Edwards wrote: A few choice mods just to keep me occupied and i'll be happy for now.

When i hit my 40's i'd had enough of messing with motors after 25 odd years, sold out an settled for "a normal " car. Trouble is once a car freak, allways a car freak so for my 50th i brought a tubby, low mileage and mint which i was going to keep standard. Now im looking at sleeved blocs, cams, turbo kits ect.
You'll be back Mark with something down the line, maybe not a two but something fast...... its in the blood now :wink:
450wbhp comming soon
EarL

Post by EarL »

redeye32uk wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote: A few choice mods just to keep me occupied and i'll be happy for now.

When i hit my 40's i'd had enough of messing with motors after 25 odd years, sold out an settled for "a normal " car. Trouble is once a car freak, allways a car freak so for my 50th i brought a tubby, low mileage and mint which i was going to keep standard. Now im looking at sleeved blocs, cams, turbo kits ect.
You'll be back Mark with something down the line, maybe not a two but something fast...... its in the blood now :wink:

Spot on Dave. It's called a second childhood mate. :lol:

EarL.

redeye32uk

Post by redeye32uk »

pmsl.... you hit 50 bud an your age starts going backwards, im 47 now an looking forwards to my 20's :wink:
450wbhp comming soon
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

47!!!!!!!! :shock:

Wheel out the Micra! :mrgreen:

:wink:
Bobby
EarL

Post by EarL »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:47!!!!!!!! :shock: